Haunted Mansion Christmas Overlay Dates?

Janir

I HATE HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY SOOOO MUCH. HOW CAN WE HAVE IN THE ANNIVERSARY YEAR OF THE RIDE NOT HAVE THE REAL VERSION OF THE RIDE FOR HALLOWEEN???!!!! MAKE NBC ITS OWN DARK RIDE IN DCA ALREADY AND LEAVE MY MANSION ALONE YEAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!
I with ya on this one! I saw it for the first time last November and was really excited to see the "Holiday version" of HM with the overlay. I was so disappointed after seeing it. At most decorate the OUTSIDE of the HM and leave the interior alone. It felt cheap and slapped on, and really broke the feel of the HM taking the whimsical fun out of it, especially by the graveyard.
Give NBC its own setup and reduce or eliminate the overlay, IMHO. HM stands on its own very well.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I with ya on this one! I saw it for the first time last November and was really excited to see the "Holiday version" of HM with the overlay. I was so disappointed after seeing it. At most decorate the OUTSIDE of the HM and leave the interior alone. IT felt cheap and slapped on, and really broke the feel of the HM taking the whimsical fun out of it, especially by the graveyard.
Give NBC its own setup and reduce or eliminate the overlay, IMHO. HM stands on its own very well.
Some one must like it because it's been going on for almost twenty years. It doesn't feel cheap to me. It just feels old since they haven't changed it for a really long time. They use to add things to it each year.

Professortango1

And they’re still more effective than what they could create with machines today.

The illusions work well for the most part, but the attraction is a bit stale and feels very 60's. I love it, but I'd love for it to remain relevant with new guests. I think its a miracle the ride succeeds as well as it does considering the vastly different tones and approaches all hodgepodged into one attraction. I do wish I could enter a different reality where Walt built his walkthrough scary version off Main Street.

TROR

The only change I want to the Haunted Mansion is a set of new singing busts, fully audio animatronic. The current ones are not convincing. Only good use of that projection technology is Madame Leota which is still incredibly impressive.

freebird72

Did they announce it already? I've been watching the Disneyland website, blogs, etc. and haven't heard a peep. Sucks for us as our once-in-a-lifetime DL trip commences 8/24.
I've been checking the park schedule on the DL website as well, and haven't seen the closure listed. Also, I've gone to the Haunted Mansion attraction page on the website, and it currently says it is open during our trip dates (Aug 22-26).

Weather_Lady

This message just appeared on DL's page for the Haunted Mansion (YAY! It will be open for part of our trip, and almost all of yours too, @freebird72.) What a stroke of luck!

On August 26, 2019, the Haunted Mansion will close to begin its transformation by Jack Skellington into Haunted Mansion Holiday, which opens September 6 as part of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. The classic Haunted Mansion is scheduled to reopen in early 2020.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'd like it too if it wasn't done so poorly. Instead it's presented like a "throw it against the wall, see what sticks" overlay. It's just a bit TOO much! You can have a zany, over-the-top overlay and still keep the charm of the mansion. The imagineers didn't do that!

It's supposed to be "Haunted Mansion Holiday" NOT "Jack and Sally's Haunted House". Finding that distinction would make for a better overlay, IMO.

Sundown

Original Poster
What are the other overlays that occur for the Fall season at Disneyland? When do they start...and when do they typically end?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom