Haunted Mansion and Pirates Movies!

HMGhost13

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
The Country Bears looked terrible from the start...
You can't take the kid from american pie who is used to using most four and five letter words, to staring in a Disney film. It just doesn't work that way!

I don't mind if Disney wants to waste their money on HM and PotC movies as long as a total change in the rides results...

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1-there seems to be a lot of good reviews for PoTC, so that might actually trun out well.

2-Eddie murphy and haunted mansion DO NOT mix. one is dark, freaky humor, the other is goofy, unexplainable humor.

3-the plot stinks fo HM. Man neglects family, visits a "haunted mansion" and gets "spooked" into seeing the true light...bore, snore, no more please! director is even quoted on saying it'll have very few if any refernces to the ride....so why name it after it? it'll be another ToT:The movie.

4-if they ever and i mean EVER changed those 2 rides to something completely different, to fit the new movies they might see a big decline in park attendace. type in Disney's Haunted Mansion in yahoo you get five or six links to sites that have about 10-15 links to more.

kaos

Originally posted by HMGhost13

have very few if any refernces to the ride....so why name it after it? it'll be another ToT:The movie.

OK..

ToT movie not only had many references to the attraction, IT FOLLOWED THE ATTRACTION TO THE LETTER!!!!!

In fact, the footage used in the library of the attraction is FROM THE ToT MOVIE!!!!

MKCustodial

I think I'll give them a chance. It's all a matter of opinion and taste. I'd never see stuff like Tigger Movie or Piglet Movie, and I didn't like Mermaid 2 and Lion King 2. They were cute, but nothing more. Now I did LOVE Lady & the Tramp 2 and Return to Neverland. I love Baloo and Louie, and I love Timon and Pumbaa, so let's what those two sequels have in store. I haven't seen Cinderella 2 yet, but I don't think it'd be that good since it's a sequel to a classic fairy tale, and Pocahontas and Hunchback 2... Well, I don't care for the first ones, so... And I enjoy the Buzz series and Tarzan series, so I'd like to have Buzz: The Adventure Begins and Tarzan & Jane. Recess movie is also pretty cool and Snowed in at the House of Mouse too, so I think House of Villains will rock.

Did I forget anything? :lol: Oh yeah, Lilo and Stitch... Apparently there's a sequel, a prequel and a TV series in the works, so let's wait for that one too.

As for the live action, we still haven't got Reign of Fire and CB, so I can't say anything, but I do believe HM and PoTC are gonna bomb. PoTC specially, because the directors are the dudes who crapped up Godzilla, and they're gonna be all politically correct pirates that blow stuff up every 10 seconds. All their movies blow stuff up, including themselves, except ID4, I suppose.

HMGhost13

Originally posted by kaos

OK..

ToT movie not only had many references to the attraction, IT FOLLOWED THE ATTRACTION TO THE LETTER!!!!!

In fact, the footage used in the library of the attraction is FROM THE ToT MOVIE!!!!

might wanna watch it again. few refernces to the ride. the filming sure. drop sure. but over all feel no. five ghosts? sure, but it bit the big one. the spirits are pretty much "evil" in ToT, they weren't in the movie, they were playful and nice. again it's a stand alone. it is seperate from the ride. and it was a happy go lucky film. the only thing happy about ToT (to me at least) is being back on the ground!

Bairstow

It's really a shame that so many imagineers and writers put a lot of creative energy into the Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor's backstory and theming, because today, nobody cares. Apparently today's Disney in their infinite wisdom have the motivation to produce films that are meant to celebrate and explore the legend of the attraction while totally disregarding the whole point of the ride's concept and character. I suppose Disney sees so much potential in a lame Eddy Murphy comedy that has some built-in name recognition thanks to the reputation of the ride that they are more than willing to compromise their own artistic heritage. We've already seen this with the Country Bears movie, which, due to it's complete lack of "Blood on the Saddle" was a waste of time in my opinion. The lack of reverance the Walt Disney Company has for its own intellectual property is appalling.

If you want to see exactly what I'm talking about, try to download an MPeg of a Saturday Night Live TV Funhouse short called "Bambi 2000".

I'm terrified of how the Haunted Mansion movie is going to come out. The attraction is based on a lighter take on death and the dead in the style of Edgar Allen Poe, and it's going to be helmed by a raunchy standup comedian who specializes in racial and scatalogical humor? Sounds brilliant, boys.

Note to Disney: People who go to this move for Eddy Murphy aren't going because of the Haunted Mansion name, and those that DO go are going to be disgusted with how you treat the story. WHY CAN'T YOU REALIZE THIS?!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by HMGhost13
the spirits are pretty much "evil" in ToT, they weren't in the movie, they were playful and nice.

Really? I thought they were nice, trying to tell us not to enter the elevator and all... Well, maybe they changed it, I haven't been to the tower since 1996.

HMGhost13

Originally posted by Bairstow

Note to Disney: People who go to this move for Eddy Murphy aren't going because of the Haunted Mansion name, and those that DO go are going to be disgusted with how you treat the story. WHY CAN'T YOU REALIZE THIS?!

exactly. in fact i started a thread a couple ofmonths ago about a HM script i was writing. it was going to be a combo of PM, HM, and A Spooky Night In Disney's HM. here are the stats:

Plot: four teens enter th HM, one to prove that it isn't haunted, one to prove that is. two are along for the ride (no pun intended). they get trapped. now instead of taking a tour, they must get out or one of their number dies. they don't know which one but one of them will die.

Scenes(that i've already thought out):
-Opening sequence: the murder of Master Gracey and his brifde. gracey is hung by mysterious figure, bride is killed in the shrinking room.
-Opening credits: lightning storm actors are shown, etc.
-Begging (right after credits): teacher is showing class the historical significance of gracey manor, gives effect of the possble haunting, kid objects says it' baloney blah blah blah...

did i get to write it? no, disney decided to go ahead with their feel good movie of the century with a comedian that has NO feel for the mansion. i even had an argument about this movie with my dad. he said that this movie that they're making would be better for Disney, one being that if they made it to be like the ride and you turned off all the lights when it came out on DVD and watched it, you'd be like "hey, this is the ride i don't have to go to disney world!" thus hurting WDW and DL attendance...whatever, this movie is going to blow just like CB just like ToT did. they should get their heads straight and make it about the ride. both rides PoTC and HM have plots to them, if anyone in the disney movie departmeant cares to look.

HMGhost13

Originally posted by MKCustodial

Really? I thought they were nice, trying to tell us not to enter the elevator and all... Well, maybe they changed it, I haven't been to the tower since 1996.

well that's the way i percieved them...i haven't been there in a LONG time (when they first institued the 2 drop sequence my first and last time on the ride), but i'm pretty sure they were beckoning us forward, don't know. it is the Twilight Zone tower of terror...not the Seaseme Street or Muppet...but Twilight Zone and most of that stuff had "violent" entities.

cookiee_munster

actually...

While your all going on about disney running out of ideas for movies and just doing really bad sequels etc it seems now their heading for the remakes area.

It has been roumered that either JLO or Geri Halliwell will don the Black coat and The flying Umberella and fly across london singin "with a spoonfull of sugar". Though this is just a roumer in the film industry.

MKCustodial

Re: actually...

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
While your all going on about disney running out of ideas for movies and just doing really bad sequels etc it seems now their heading for the remakes area.

It has been roumered that either JLO or Geri Halliwell will don the Black coat and The flying Umberella and fly across london singin "with a spoonfull of sugar". Though this is just a roumer in the film industry.

This isn't a rumor, is a drug-induced nightmare... :dazzle: :eek: :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom