haunted manision secrets

NeedABreak

The Story

there is a story to the HM and WDW. A friend of mine took the keys to the kingdom tour and said that there guide really knew what he was talking about. This was about 5 or 6 years ago and the guy told them about the animal kingdom park that would be opening in the future. But thats a diffrent story. The story goes: A woman getting sized for her weding dress was walked in on by her groom to be who though she was haveing an affair with the tailor. He killed the tailor and she jumped from an atic window. Thats what they show you in the begining but the story is more of an insiders thing. :king:

BenS

Re: The Story

Originally posted by NeedABreak
there is a story to the HM and WDW. A friend of mine took the keys to the kingdom tour and said that there guide really knew what he was talking about. This was about 5 or 6 years ago and the guy told them about the animal kingdom park that would be opening in the future. But thats a diffrent story. The story goes: A woman getting sized for her weding dress was walked in on by her groom to be who though she was haveing an affair with the tailor. He killed the tailor and she jumped from an atic window. Thats what they show you in the begining but the story is more of an insiders thing. :king:
Actually CM's make up stories on the spot a lot. I've heard many different stories that have originated from CM's.

raven

Re: Re: The Story

Originally posted by BenS
Actually CM's make up stories on the spot a lot. I've heard many different stories that have originated from CM's.

How true. That goes for the whole "wedding ring" sighting outside of the mansion. It's actually a piece of a pole to a gate that had been cut off but people still say it's a wedding ring. If this were the case, the bride would have had the ring size of a 5 year old.

Lucretia

My favorite part of the ride is after you get off of it and are walking outside. there is a concrete slab that has the name of Henry the VIII's wives. It says the seventh did him in. The last name is Lucretia which is my name! I discovered this when I was five and loved it b/c not many ppl where I am from has my name! Every year I have gone, I have a picture of myslef pointing to the name!
Me Too! Nice to see another Lucretia on board! I know that this is an old post, but I did a search for something and this came up. Have a nice one, Lucretia! From another Cre!

pluto77

There's also a hidden Donald in the Haunted Mansion. I think it's the only "true" hidden Donald. When I say that I mean that it wasn't supposed to be be an official hidden Donald, but when you look at the shapes it looks like Donald's head, just like hidden Mickey's. I'm not exactly sure what part of the ride, but I know it's on a chair. Here's the link to a picture of it I just found:

http://www.hauntedmansion.info/2ndFloor_images.asp?imageorder=6

Cosmo

Me Too! Nice to see another Lucretia on board! I know that this is an old post, but I did a search for something and this came up. Have a nice one, Lucretia! From another Cre!

i'm not a "Lucretia" (but i do like the name!). Just wanted to clear up something. At the WDW Haunted Mansion (I've not been to the others), the Tomb/Concrete slab outside does not belong to Henry VIII. It belongs to Blue Beard and has the date of 1640 (I believe) on it.
Henry VIII only had six wives, none named Lucretia, and died in the early/mid 1500's.

Anyways...that's really my favourite part of the ride also!!!!

Enderikari

THEY ARE NOT CHESS PIECES....... yes i know they look like this but the imagineers did not intend to do this. In the book " The Haunted Masion: from the magic kingdom to the movies" it says

" Over the years, many fans have speculated that the mansion's stone turrets are oversized chess pieces with every piece represented except the knight (who can be found inside, the urban legend says). not so, according to Imagineers. Although some of the turrets and ornamentation do, indeed, look like chess pieces, all are typical of the Mansion's architect.ural style and period, and the resemblance is purely coinidental."

Sorry, thats a negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full... Jason Surrell was a tad bit mistaken when it came to several aspects of that inaccurate book. Marc Davis has told many, many people about the Chess connection, and while figures similar to the ones on top of the Haunted Mansion were used in Tudor Style Mansions (like the Harry Packer Manor in Jim Thorpe, PA on which the Mansion's architecture is loosely based). Davis had been looking for a way to sneak a chess connection into the attraction(much like his name and family crest and chess game in Pirates), and the loose architectural details were modified to look more like chess pieces, which he had placed on the mansion with a wink and a nod....

I'll take things from the mouth of the man who designed them (well, at least, recorded mouth, since he passed away in 2001, I believe), not the man who's claim to fame is adding "I see dead people"

Enderikari

There's also a hidden Donald in the Haunted Mansion. I think it's the only "true" hidden Donald. When I say that I mean that it wasn't supposed to be be an official hidden Donald, but when you look at the shapes it looks like Donald's head, just like hidden Mickey's. I'm not exactly sure what part of the ride, but I know it's on a chair. Here's the link to a picture of it I just found:

That's a Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.... The chair itself is NOT a representation of Donald Duck, and was instead intended to be a protrayal of a scary, creepy face... The designer of the chair, an Imagineer by the name of Rolly Crump, was very very insisitent on people not calling it a Donald chair, because its basically making fun of his work...

Enderikari

5. the thing hanging above you in the stretching room is master gracey ( most wdw fans should kno this)

9. madame leota ( the disembodied head in the ball) is actually a projection of the head of Imagineer Leota Toombs ( plz excuse me if i spelled her last name wrong it may be Tombes)
12. "grim grinning ghosts" the ghostly song in the graveyard was written by X. Antecio. X. also wrote "yo, ho yo,ho pirates life for me" from potc
13. the five singing busts have character names. from right to left they are: Ned Nub, Uncle Theodore, Rollo Rumkin, Phineas puck, and Cousin Al

16 at the end you hear a little voice beckoning you to return and bring your death certificate and if you look up you will see a minature bride doll talking. this is the same face as you see in the crystal ball. this little doll is referred to as " little leota"

5... No its not... The master of the house has no official name, not tied to the tombstone dedicated to Yale Gracey... Just because it has become accepted for people to think its Master Gracey hanging there, doesn't mean that it is right.. The body hanging actually belongs to your Ghost Host(of Course, there's always my way), which may or may not belong to the Master of the House.

9. Leota Toombs Thomas... She had married before the Haunted Mansion opened. And she worked in Imagineering's Creative Costuming department

12. Frederic Xavier Atencio, sorry, completist

13. All of those names are unofficial titles accepted by the Mansion going public... The bust themselves are "The Mellowmen" the group who sings the song, the broken bust is famous voice actor Thurl Ravenscroft.

16. Think you should have mentioned the fact that Little Leota is the same face as the Leota crystal ball, but there is one crucial difference... Madame Leota's crystal ball is voiced by Eleanor Audley, the voice of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine. The voice of Little Leota, the doll at the end of the attraction, is Leota Toombs Thomas's real voice.

Enderikari

there is no actual story for dl, wdw, or tokyo. but paris has one. but what you said before chux it was orginally a retirment home for ghosts. there was even a sign. but i cant find the pic. sry

It read....

Notice!
All ghosts and restless spirits

Post-Lifetime leases are now available in this HAUNTED MANSION

don't be left out in the sunshine! Enjoy active retirement in this country club atmosphere, the fashionable address for famous ghosts, ghosts trying to make a name for themselves... and ghosts afraid to live by themselves! Leases include license to scare the daylights out of guests visiting the Portrait Gallery, Museum of the Supernatural. graveyard and other happy haunting grounds. for reservatiions send resume of past experience to:

Ghost Relations Dept. Disneyland
Please! Do not apply in person.

CoffeeJedi

13. All of those names are unofficial titles accepted by the Mansion going public... The bust themselves are "The Mellowmen" the group who sings the song, the broken bust is famous voice actor Thurl Ravenscroft.
Hmm, i've read things a bit different.

The names were actually put on the original film loop canisters by the imagineers themselves back when the Mansion was giong to feature the Captain Blood storyline.

Thurl Ravenscroft was a member of the Mellomen, but that's not them as the busts. While they did a few projects for Disney, i think he was the only bust who was actually a member of the group. This makes sense, as the Mellomen were a quartet, but there's five singing busts.

Enderikari

And, unless I am mistaken, isn't there a real hidden Donald in the Great Movie Ride Indiana Jones Sequence, I may be wrong about that, but I know there are several hidden figures in the Heiroglyphics

darthjohnny

And, unless I am mistaken, isn't there a real hidden Donald in the Great Movie Ride Indiana Jones Sequence, I may be wrong about that, but I know there are several hidden figures in the Heiroglyphics

Yes, there is a Donald and Mickey on one of the heiroglyphics. It is sort of one the the left in the Well of the Souls room where Indy and Sallah are picking up the Ark. It is near the corridor between the other room . I know in the Raiders of the Lost Ark movie there is a heiroglyphic of R2-D2 and C-3PO, but I don't know if that is also in the ride.

darthjohnny

5... No its not... The master of the house has no official name, not tied to the tombstone dedicated to Yale Gracey... Just because it has become accepted for people to think its Master Gracey hanging there, doesn't mean that it is right.. The body hanging actually belongs to your Ghost Host(of Course, there's always my way), which may or may not belong to the Master of the House.

That is true that the Ghost Host has no name. But since the movie, it is pretty much become his persona now the Disney even added the Master Gracey tombstone. The body is that of the Ghost Host, but I think you can imply that he is the master of the house.

Someone said that Paris is the only one with an actual storyline. That is true when compared to the other versions. I believe the Paris version, known as the Phantom Manor, used to have an even fuller story and once had a full narration by Vincent Price, and the ride followed the story of the owner of the mansion, and his depressing love life where all of his girlfriends/wives have had horrible deaths.

Some people say that there is more of a story in the WDW, and I would suppose DL and Tokyo. Some say the bride is pushing you out the window, and you die in order to become part of the ghosts.

But I don't believe that. You are just decending down to the graveyard. You need to go backwards because you drop on a steep incline and the doombuggy couldn't really hold you in as well if it was going foward, much like the "time machines" in Spaceship Earth. There really is not script, and it wouldn't make sense if you "died" in the attraction because you are still a "living" visitor of the mansion. You are not cursed to stay in the mansion and you get to go back to the human world, as "a ghost will follow you home."

CoffeeJedi

That is true that the Ghost Host has no name. But since the movie, it is pretty much become his persona now the Disney even added the Master Gracey tombstone. The body is that of the Ghost Host, but I think you can imply that he is the master of the house.
That tombstone was there from day one, named after the imagineer Yale Gracey. What they do now though, is dress up the grave with fresh dirt and a red rose.
Someone said that Paris is the only one with an actual storyline. That is true when compared to the other versions. I believe the Paris version, known as the Phantom Manor, used to have an even fuller story and once had a full narration by Vincent Price, and the ride followed the story of the owner of the mansion, and his depressing love life where all of his girlfriends/wives have had horrible deaths.
Yes, it does have a story, yes, it used to be narrated by Vince Price, but that's not the story at all. Its about the tragic bride and a mysterious figure known as "the phantom". (if you googled it, i'm sure that http://www.doombuggies.com would have been among the firsts hits, check it out, lots of info there)

darthjohnny

Has anyone been like me and didn't get the stretching painting of the old woman sitting on the tombstone?

I realized that the other three described the people's in the pictures horrible death. It is obvious that the ballerina was eaten by the alligator, the underwear man was caught in an explosion, and the three men died in the quick sand. But I never really understood the old woman.

Now I realize that she is a widow. However, although she is grieving at her husbands death, it implies the man was actually killed by the wife with an ax. I just never noticed that before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom