Haunted Disney World

DisneyRoxMySox

Mr Bill said:
I shouted "George isn't real!" yesterday. Nothing happened.

When I went on with my sister, and two friends. We shouted "George isn't real!" two times and in the middle of the third one the ride jerked...

I once asked every Cm at PotC if they knew about George. I think I even asked the manager of PotC or that area, and she said she knew too.

CoffeeJedi

i'm like a lot of you guys, i love ghost stories or stories of other weirdness and unexplaned phenomena, folklore, urban legends, cryptozoology, ufo's, etc

i'm not a "firm believer", i just think its fun. i like subjects that make our boring everyday world a little more mysterious and magical

i remember reading a story of one of the friendship boats on the World Showcase lagoon being haunted by the spirit of a Japanese tourist. his girlfriend scattered his ashes in the lagoon (it was his favorite place) and now he wanders the boats looking for her. anyone else ever hear that one?

doombuggy dude

That is no ghost - unfortunately..

I have a few similar pictures from the Haunted Mansion myself and its no ghost--unfortunately. The photo faces down the hallway looking at the backs of the Doombuggys. This is simply someone looking around the side of the Doombuggy back at the camera as the picture was taken with the darkness masking the Doombuggys. The Doombuggy cuts off their body at the neck and makes it look like a floating head. A neat photo trick that I myself captured purely by accident in my many photos of my favorite ride!

Ringo8n24

JKovach said:
When I was there I met a man named Jerry who was staying in my room while we were. He said he jumped on a week by week basis from different rooms and stayed with the guests. My parents said they could tell he was in the room, but I was the only one who could see or communicate with him.

Be careful though because he likes to watch you while you're in the shower... i know what a perverted ghost... shame on him... shame

Don't be scared there, he wouldn't (and physically cannot) hurt a soul...

:veryconfu

Ok, you are freaking me out now. You see dead people? :eek: Who is he and why does he hang out at POR? Now I do not think I can stay there again because we truly did feel something weird there last time and we have stayed there over 10 times. Oh well, back to WL. By the way, how would you be careful taking a shower with a ghost in the room? You could not lock the door and lock him out :)

WDWCP

I LOVE ghost stories too, and all sorts of scary movies as well.

However, I don't believe in ghosts AT ALL... My mother-in-law is a really awesome lady, but believes in them quite fanatically. I just smile and get a chuckle out of the things she talks about...

Even though I don't believe, long live the folks that do. Sure brings a lot of entertainment to people like me!

Jekyll Baker

Ringo8n24 said:
Ok, you are freaking me out now. You see dead people? :eek: Who is he and why does he hang out at POR? Now I do not think I can stay there again because we truly did feel something weird there last time and we have stayed there over 10 times. Oh well, back to WL. By the way, how would you be careful taking a shower with a ghost in the room? You could not lock the door and lock him out :)

The hotel I work at supposedly has a ghost in one room that has groped people taking a shower. I haven't actually experienced that ghost, though I have seen a couple of our other ghosts (I know of at least 5-6 different ones).

And as far as RoninHood's pic from PotC - it doesn't look like a person's head to me, just two overlapping light reflections - sorry.

JKovach

Account Suspended
Ringo8n24 said:

:lol:

Obviously I was joking, please don't think I was trying to make a joke of your story, I know A LOT of people who strongly believe in that stuff. I enjoy a good ghost story and I enjoy the thought of all that. Also, I always notice like, white blurs in the corner of my eye... I don't like to actually imagine it being a ghost, I know its just like, iunno the way the light is in the room/my imagination/nothing...

but i do very often see white blurs in the corner of my eyes so I do understand why some people make think about it as more than that and I know people believe in that

sorry, hope you know i wasn't trying to make fun of you, i would never on a WDW forum

:king:

Burgstressera

I don't know you guys - that photo of Zac's looks pretty legit. And I read what he typed about it - claims that there were no kids ahead of him in line.

Freaked me out - that's for sure and I studied the paranormal for 2 years - actually almost went to school for a degree in parapsychology - not really the kind of career you get rich off of though.

Have any children actually died in Haunted Mansion? Because usually ghosts don't just randomly pick places to take up residence. Either someone that he was connected to was on the ride, he died there, or he was attached to something in the Haunted Mansion i.e. a piece of antique furniture that was brought in...

Keep the stories coming - they are great. Especially the one about George on PotC.

stranger

joshwill said:
I know they'd never do this, but a tour of all the haunted places, esp at night, would be cool :)

One was offered at Disneyland last year, Disney's Mysteries, Myths & Legends Tour. Of course the tour wasn’t of any actual haunting places, just behind the story tales of attractions and lands. It was cute and not all eerie.

I too love hearing haunting stories...i always watch Travel channel's America's Spookiest Places. I can't get enough of it.

JEDIsney

Burgstressera said:
Have any children actually died in Haunted Mansion? Because usually ghosts don't just randomly pick places to take up residence. Either someone that he was connected to was on the ride, he died there, or he was attached to something in the Haunted Mansion i.e. a piece of antique furniture that was brought in...

Doombuggies.com has a story about when the Haunted Mansion just opened and it was a grad night at the parks. One boy got out of his doombuggy during the seance cirle scene with Madame Leota, but there's a 15 foot drop between the doom buggy's and her table, and between the doom buddy's and the wall behind you. The boy tried to get to the table but didn't know about the drop and fell and broke his next and died.

Here's the exact text:
"I also heard a ton of stories about a real ghost being in the HM who walks around the sets. I never saw anything walking around by myself or riding and could never prove anything. This is not to say I don't believe in spirits, but I never found any in the HM. There was a man killed there. And the creepiest thing was that I met the daughter of his friend who was with him when it happened. During a Grad Night, I believe, two guys were in a doombuggy. One climbed out at Seance Circle to get to the Madame Leota effect. Well, in front and behind the ride path is a drop of 10-15 feet to the floor. There is a wall on each side for people walking the track (painted black of course) but there was a huge space between that wall and the platform where Leota's table was. He climbed over, fell, and broke his neck. It was creepy to run into the daughter of his friend...and this wasn't even at the park. We just happened to be talking about the Haunted Mansion."
http://www.hauntedmansion.com/myths.htm

Here is a good page for other Haunted Mansion myths:
http://www.hauntedmansion.com/myths4.htm

Hope I helped a little bit :wave:

Ringo8n24

JKovach said:
:lol:

Obviously I was joking, please don't think I was trying to make a joke of your story, I know A LOT of people who strongly believe in that stuff. I enjoy a good ghost story and I enjoy the thought of all that. Also, I always notice like, white blurs in the corner of my eye... I don't like to actually imagine it being a ghost, I know its just like, iunno the way the light is in the room/my imagination:

No biggy. I am definitely glad you are joking, but I had to see if you were because you never know these days who can "see dead people". :) I just feel something weird about our last stay. Maybe the maintenance guy had a tunnel behind the mirror like you see on 20/20 or something and we were hearing him scurrying about. :lol:

Ringo8n24

Jekyll Baker said:
The hotel I work at supposedly has a ghost in one room that has groped people taking a shower. I haven't actually experienced that ghost, though I have seen a couple of our other ghosts (I know of at least 5-6 different ones).

And as far as RoninHood's pic from PotC - it doesn't look like a person's head to me, just two overlapping light reflections - sorry.

Not a Disney hotel, I hope? :lookaroun

pilka214

yah all we need is another lawsuit about someone being groped at disney.... i could just see this one.... "lady sues disney for being groped by ghost",

wow that be a short trial

funkyshaker

Cool thread - really enjoyed reading people's experiences. I am a joint founder of a UK based Paranormal Group called E.S.P.I. We do night vigils around the many haunted venues that can be found in the south of England. I would love to be able to spend a night at one of the so-called haunted attractions in WDW.

Orbs are sometimes mistaken as dust, moths and rain - some of them clearly are but some are quite hard to eplain. We have lots of video footage of orbs which have blurry trails behind them as they are moving quite fast. Moths are easily discounted as you can clearly see thier wings when you slow the footage down. Dust moves too slow and rain, unless bouncing off the ground,only moves downwards.

Anyway, nice thread!

ESPI

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom