Hate Mission: Space! Want Horizons back!

LoriMistress

Yeah, what a bunch of inconsiderate jerks! Toning down the ride, just because people get sick and a few happened to die. Pffft.
I don't understand your rude tone, but I never implied guests that would get sick or the deaths that has occurred on the attraction were "jerks." Don't misquote me, because I never gave the impression or implied in any way.

KevinFlynn

They've actually toned down the "orange" version quite a bit because there were complaints from guests that would get sick on the ride. Believe me, I can tell the difference when the attraction first opened, to presently. Yes, they did add a softer version of the ride, but they still changed the original version because of people getting sick and a few deaths that has occurred.

M:S has never been tuned down(besides the Green being implemented) since it opened.

As for the OT, M:S is awesome. Horizons is gone. Go cry about it. Epcot desperately needed some adrenaline, and it got some.

musketeer

What drives me crazy is that everyone compares the two rides. And the only thing they have in common is that one occupies the same space as the other. It would be like planting an apple tree where an orange tree once stood.

I wonder if Mission Space was placed somewhere else that didn't replace something, would there be as much negative comments about it? If it was placed in tomorrowland where Stitches Great Escape is located, would it be thought of as on of the best things ever?

Figment632

M:S has never been tuned down(besides the Green being implemented) since it opened.

As for the OT, M:S is awesome. Horizons is gone. Go cry about it. Epcot desperately needed some adrenaline, and it got some.

Its just a simulator that spins I don't see whats so great?

KevinFlynn

And Horizons was just another dark ride. I don't see what's so great.*

Because you don't realize the marvel of engineering it really is. It's the most advanced theme park simulator out there. The brakes needed to slow the thing down are massive and impressive in their own right.

*Relax fanbois, I loved Horizons. Just showing how anything like that can be said about any ride or attraction.

Figment632

Because you don't realize the marvel of engineering it really is. It's the most advanced theme park simulator out there. The brakes needed to slow the thing down are massive and impressive in their own right.

*Relax fanbois, I loved Horizons. Just showing how anything like that can be said about any ride or attraction.

Its ok but not what Disney expected.

misterID

I don't understand your rude tone, but I never implied guests that would get sick or the deaths that has occurred on the attraction were "jerks." Don't misquote me, because I never gave the impression or implied in any way.

I thought your post was very unintentionally funny. My post just kind of went over your head.

I'm going to go cry over Horizons now.

misterID

Well, okay... As long as it didn't go over my head...You were sort of complaning about how Disney needs to leave M:S alone. Then you responded to someone that the intensity had been lowered on Orange, all because people get sick and a few had died. It kind of made the latter sound a little trivial compared with your displeasure about how soft the orange section had got.

musketeer

The haunted mansion is just another dark ride.

Pirates of the caribbean is just another boat ride.

etc etc etc.

Most rides (not all) are just another xxxx type of ride. I think what was built around the spinning simulator was pretty awesome. From the moment you get in line all the way until the exit of the gift shop, I think it's one of the best things about all of disney world.

Courtney1188

Couldn't of said it better myself...

And the argument over it being changed after the deaths, rude comments, etc...the ride wasn't changed after that stuff happened anyways. There have been many threads about it, and people who have tons of background info have verified that the ride has never been toned down, they just added the less intense version.

Figment632

The haunted mansion is just another dark ride.

Pirates of the caribbean is just another boat ride.

etc etc etc.

Most rides (not all) are just another xxxx type of ride. I think what was built around the spinning simulator was pretty awesome. From the moment you get in line all the way until the exit of the gift shop, I think it's one of the best things about all of disney world.

We will have to agree to disagree and it has nothing to do with Horizons I just don't see anything special about MS. :shrug:

RoRo

Mission:SPACE isn't that bad, Horizons is still better but the ride is very true to the concept of Furture World. I am beginning to appriciate it more and more.

Enchantâmes

Mission: Space needs to be updated/improved. Either expand the pavilion or change it all together. But I'd rather put attention on Imagination that is the drunken chick at Epcot currently... :zipit:

Figment632

Mission: Space needs to be updated/improved. Either expand the pavilion or change it all together. But I'd rather put attention on Imagination that is the drunken chick at Epcot currently... :zipit:

Yea it is fine for now while I think Disney is capable of better Epcot has many other needs that need to be addressed first, UOE and JII.

Mickey is King

It is gone and will probably never come back.........is there any history when Disney has EVERbrought back an attraction from the dead so to speak?

not being sarcastic..... have they? I'm curious, maybe master yoda can help with the answer.........:shrug:

Courtney1188

It is gone and will probably never come back.........is there any history when Disney has EVERbrought back an attraction from the dead so to speak?

not being sarcastic..... have they? I'm curious, maybe master yoda can help with the answer.........:shrug:

Captain EO has been brought back to Disneyland for a limited time, but I think that's a bit different, it's a 3-D film. So not as complex as changing most rides would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom