Hate for childless Disney fans

Lately I feel like I have been seeing more and more hate for those Disney fans that are childless. Between twitter and Facebook-I see people making fun of those adults who vacation at Disney without kids.

My husband and I do not have kids yet, and some of our favorite trips have been to WDW just the two of us. Of course we travel to other locations, but what’s so wrong about two adults enjoying Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

What thoughts do you have on the subject?
Nothing in the world to be concerned with here. Dis is for everyone who is a child at heart or at least remembers what a special thing that is. Go and enjoy. My kids don't really like the food and wine festival so my wife and I usually go to that by ourselves. Anyone making fun of you is just plain crazy.

ninjaprincesst

What I hate is the Disney is for kids people at the parks that act like you are an inferior guest because your kids are older. Things like hogging characters at character meals and meet and greets because " Disney is for kids" and thinking they should be able to get in front of you at the last second for parades you have been staking out a spot for an hour because " Disney is for kids" or my favorite the people that stood their kids on our table (that had our food on it) in the middle of our meal at Coral Reef because "Disney is for Kids".

Minnesota disney fan

Okay, not to beat a dead horse, BUT: Try trying to explain to anyone why you go to Disney without kids when you are "Senior citizens"!I get all kinds of unwanted comments from "friends". These are the ones who go to the same place year after year and do the same things and tell me " You' ve done that now, go do something else". Grrrr............ I have found out that they are really not friends after all to be so critical of where you vacation? I am in my late 60's and husband is 71 y/young. We go to Disney once, and twice this year:), every year and will until we can't walk anymore. Some people just don't get it, and it's okay with us. We will just go to our happy place and enjoy ourselves immensely:)

ninjaprincesst

It was Mickey in the diving suit, we would not have cared if they had asked us if their kids could stand in the extra chair that no one was sitting in, but barging in and putting you kids on the table where our food is is just a bit much, it could have been worse though I have heard of it happening to other people where kids have broken glasses and other personal items while climbing on their table to "see".

ninjaprincesst

My saying something was what prompted the "Disney is for kids and you are all adults" comment. Disney was great brought us replacement food and comped the meal as well as gave us some anytime any ride fastpasses and as a side note my daughter was 13 barely a teen much less an adult.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Never felt the hate. My wife and I have been going for years and we usually go with another couple. We're in our late 30's / early 40's. If anything, we get some envy - we move at our own pace, linger to check out the details and have a great time. Some of our friends get it - others not so much. But who cares? Whether they "get" it or not, you live life for yourself and the ones you love. My wife and I love Disney.

SpoiledBlueMilk

No kids here either. I think they're just jealous that we adults get to actually enjoy WDW without kids. No stroller pushing, no diaper changing, no chicken nuggets every meal. ;)

It's your vacation and not their's. The haters gonna hate....just ignore them and have fun!

I do get those dirty looks from people trying to enjoy a lunch at Tiffins when their kids can't focus on anything for more than 2 minutes. They're wrangling kids while my wife and I are the picture of serenity.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Okay, not to beat a dead horse, BUT: Try trying to explain to anyone why you go to Disney without kids when you are "Senior citizens"!I get all kinds of unwanted comments from "friends". These are the ones who go to the same place year after year and do the same things and tell me " You' ve done that now, go do something else". Grrrr............ I have found out that they are really not friends after all to be so critical of where you vacation? I am in my late 60's and husband is 71 y/young. We go to Disney once, and twice this year:), every year and will until we can't walk anymore. Some people just don't get it, and it's okay with us. We will just go to our happy place and enjoy ourselves immensely:)
Sandy and I are both 66 :). And we LOVE what you just said :).

MAGICFLOP

The only people I hated at the parks were jerks.. whether or not they had kids didn't matter one bit... Oh yea I hated the large tour groups of kids that chant and step in front of you. Other than that by far most people were pretty cool...

bsiev1977

How many of the people who bust chops for “going to Disney again” go to the beach every year or go on cruises all the time?

LUVofDIS

and assume it's basically Small World and Tea Cups, millions of little kids

I...just don't understand why you had to put Tea Cups in with all these things that you make sound bad or just for kids. I am offended and request you remove this rude criticism right away. I mean, maybe it is your opinion, but it is a little hurtful for such a great ride, they spin and have the capability to spin fast, give the ride a break, what did it ever do to you to you off so much.

Sorry, I just get a little emotional with the Tea Cups. I will be okay, just give me a minute.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Enjoyed my solo trip so much in May for Flower and Garden that I’m going again in September for Food and Wine. I am going in August withThr family and that is lots of fun, but the solo trips are just as nice because I get to do what and go where I want on my schedule. (Provided I started planning it at least 180 days in advance.)

danyoung56

It was Mickey in the diving suit, we would not have cared if they had asked us if their kids could stand in the extra chair that no one was sitting in, but barging in and putting you kids on the table where our food is is just a bit much.....

That would be when I would lose all tendencies of politeness and yell "GET THE HELL OFF OF MY TABLE!" Some kids need to be yelled at, and some parents need to hear it.

bsiev1977

Enjoyed my solo trip so much in May for Flower and Garden that I’m going again in September for Food and Wine. I am going in August withThr family and that is lots of fun, but the solo trips are just as nice because I get to do what and go where I want on my schedule. (Provided I started planning it at least 180 days in advance.)

Exactly. I loved my trip with my niece and sister in 2015, but I did a solo trip in 2016 because I could do,things at my own pace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom