News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

yensidtlaw1969

Disney, once again, has impeccable timing on closing an attraction right as the attached, namesake movie is coming out. :rolleyes: This addition should have been ready to appear on opening day, to get people interested and excited in seeing the movie.
In fairness, there was a good while where the movie was scheduled to release on August 11th - but I think in this case it's a matter of the refurb needing to be done before the busy Halloween Party season. This closure is much more about preventative maintenance than it is about The Hatbox Ghost, though of course they'll use the downtime to his advantage.

I've yet to be given any good reason to believe he'll be unveiled when then ride reopens on the 10th. More likely curtains will come down at a later date.

yensidtlaw1969

Any photos?
I don't have any, no - Sounded like she got a new wig, not certain how different it would look.

Struck me as odd that they would make a change to her right before the ride goes down for a short refurb (why not just fuss with her then?), so unless someone else took photos yesterday we may have to wait until the 10th to see if it's anything particularly noticeable.

Ayla

In fairness, there was a good while where the movie was scheduled to release on August 11th - but I think in this case it's a matter of the refurb needing to be done before the busy Halloween Party season. This closure is much more about preventative maintenance than it is about The Hatbox Ghost, though of course they'll use the downtime to his advantage.

I've yet to be given any good reason to believe he'll be unveiled when then ride reopens on the 10th. More likely curtains will come down at a later date.
Preventative maintenance? Right as the movie based on the attraction is opening? 😂 That's even worse.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Who is also really(pulls mask) BOB IGER, THE RUINER OF THE OLD AMSUEMENT PARK!
Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

Bleed0range

Lets not get held up in the "Leota rule" and argue whether the shadow hands at the piano or the corpse coming out of the coffin are ghosts. The point is this: Before the seance, all scenes are creepy and spooky but you don't see a full apparition until after she summons them. Even the Ghost Host tells us, "The spirits have heard your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize." Now, all of a sudden here's the Hatbox Ghost by the endless hallway before you arrive at the seance. That's the problem.

After seeing the movie, it makes perfect sense why they’d put him where they did and why he might appear before any other spirits do in the ride. Which has made me okay with it. I actually quite enjoyed the movie.

celluloid

Intend to and "directed to by management to do something anyways."
very different things.

Exactly. if the intentions were allowed, we would not be getting him there in the first place.

Now we are stuck with creatives having to make the best of a situation where the theatrical release department synergy is pleased over a film that fell right off the radar before this project was installed.

celluloid

My.wife who is not a modern Disney fan, asked if they were going to do any movie connections.
I told her two things, how it bombed and that he is not going to go into the attic but newe tje endless hallway.

"Before all the ghosts are full visible? Before the seance?

Well shoot. She noticed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom