Has Your Favorite WDW Park Changed?

Simba's Mom

My favorite park has changed only because there was a time when the park didn't exist. My favorite park, by far, is the Animal Kingdom and it has been ever since my first visit there in 2000. But I've been going to WDW since 1987, and in the early years my favorite was MK.

JAG107

I was a latecomer to WDW, not visiting until 2007. I missed a lot of the Epcot that I know I would have loved. It is my favorite park, followed by MK, with AK and HS way off in the distance. "AK just didn't speak to me", really, the asphalt paved Dino land didn't suck you into a different world and make you forget about the real world? LOL. Disney really had a dry run from the late 90's until about 2010 on the east coast for sure. The things I like most about WDW are the 70's touches that are found at MK (the main entrance, Space Mountain [does it get any more 70's than this?!], HM and CHH especially), and Epcot's general layout and concept. I'm not as furious about the IP conversions at the park as some, but I do really wish I could have experienced the Seas and Life pavilions before they went Pixar or shuttered altogether. Epcot needs some real Disney love, but I'd rather they just leave it how it is than keep closing original/pre-2000 content to revamp it as modern day IP. GOTG, I'm looking at you! GO TO DHS!

DisneyPrincess5

When I was growing up, when we went to WDW we visited all the parks but spent the most time in Epcot because that was my moms favorite. Which is awesome as I have a certain appreciation and respect for it. Sadly it's changed a lot but I still love it. She didn't care for the "kiddie" vibe at MK a ton so we didn't explore it to its full potential. As an adult was when I discovered all MK has to offer and I am totally in love with it.

morningstar

EPCOT was my favorite, but the best attractions are gone and several others are dumbed down. The only one that hasn't changed for the worse is the Land boat ride, and it was the most boring of the originals.

Now Magic Kingdom is my favorite. I always liked it, I still like it, and none of the other parks has managed to pull it off as well. It seems like there's so much packed in there. It's not just about the headliner attractions. There are good attractions at all tiers.

Hollywood Studios always leaves me a little flat because the theme is not cohesive, and Animal Kingdom is half amusement park, half zoo. It does both exceptionally well, but it can't compete with a full-time amusement park as an amusement park.

parkhopper1213

I am taking another angle here. Now that EVERYTHING is on the My Disney Experiences app, you cannot be in the parks without a cell phone. Now here's the kicker, the app was updated in September. The app will not run on an android phone under 5.0 Now both of our phones, which are less than 2 years old, will need to be replaced if we want to run the app. How crazy is that?

Marlins1

We visit for four days twice a year so variety is important to me.
My order is:
MK - beautiful park with most options to change itinerary from trip to trip.
AK - stock up over the years and could be # 1 with ROL and Pandora
Epcot - stock down - was probably #1 when Soarin opened
DHS - always #4 for me. I enjoy a short visit every trip but it we do the same things in about the same order every time.

JAG107

This is absolutely right. On our trip in January, I was able to use the app on my Kyocera brigadier. It broke and I bought a replacement, and now I can't dowload the app again because it says its not supported! W T F Disney IT?!?

parkhopper1213

This is absolutely right. On our trip in January, I was able to use the app on my Kyocera brigadier. It broke and I bought a replacement, and now I can't dowload the app again because it says its not supported! W T F Disney IT?!?
I contacted Disney My Experiences Tech support, they said that Google Play is the reason why it won't work. Then I talk to the Google Play folks, who confirmed the new app will only work on android phones version 5.0 and better. Our phones are less than 2 years old and have already been updated to the max and still not at 5.0.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

EPCOT was my favorite before 2001 it lost a lot of it's luster in 98... My favorite parks in Orlando are Magic Kingdom and Universal's Islands of Adventure because those two parks have some of the best themed lands and have the most to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom