Has the TTA opened yet?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
The past couple of live streams I watched of the Magic Kingdom shows that the TTA was running but nobody was on it.

Anyone know?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I bet someone found something "offensive" about it and Disney is looking for a way to retheme it cater to the feelings of that one person. LOL! Actually, I bet that ride would be a headache to keep clean since it's constantly moving at the loading station. Although it seemed recently it had been suffering from a lot of issues and I even had to get evacuated from it last May.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I bet someone found something "offensive" about it and Disney is looking for a way to retheme it cater to the feelings of that one person. LOL! Actually, I bet that ride would be a headache to keep clean since it's constantly moving at the loading station. Although it seemed recently it had been suffering from a lot of issues and I even had to get evacuated from it last May.
I was going to laugh, but with 2020 being the way it is, someone actually taking offense to a ride titled "PeopleMover" would not surprise me at this point. :rolleyes:

wdwfan22

The attraction went down before the shut down and has not returned to operation. Hopefully they can get it up and running soon.

Moka

There was two incidents before park shutdown right?

The small fire that broke out at the station in January and then like a month before closing the trains slammed into each other?

2020 hasn’t been PeopleMover’s year either. I hope they get it up before September at least.

Pepper's Ghost

I was going to laugh, but with 2020 being the way it is, someone actually taking offense to a ride titled "PeopleMover" would not surprise me at this point. :rolleyes:
shhh.gif

Shhh! Please don't give anyone ideas! This is one of my favorite chill rides!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
What is confusing me is that it was on a couple of sites listed as one of the attractions that is running right now yet it would appear that it hasn't run at all since the park opened...

Jon81uk

I assume it would need a screen to separate the up and down ramps as you can't keep distance and that would be a hard thing to add.

Moka

I assume it would need a screen to separate the up and down ramps as you can't keep distance and that would be a hard thing to add.
While that may have some truth to it, don't see why they wouldn't have done that when they did it to every other attraction.

Jon81uk

While that may have some truth to it, don't see why they wouldn't have done that when they did it to every other attraction.
Most perspex screens have been attached to existing railings, I don't think there is anything to easily attach things to between the ramps?
It may not be the reason, but it doesn't feel easy to keep people distanced when entering and exiting the ride.

Moka

Can easily be managed through cast member direction.
But see that is where masks come into play. The point is wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
Yeah just thought about this. It's not like people aren't walking by each other constantly throughout the park. This section wouldn't be any different. You won't be standing next to them, either. Just walk by in a quick second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom