Has the Tower of Terror elevator ever gotten stuck in the drop shafts?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Found a split second image of one of them

tot1.png

DisneyFanatic12

Of course Ive ridden it many many times. Are you talking about the ghosts in the hallway? Thats not the shaft where the elevator drops.
I only noticed them a few years ago, as it seems to be more of a “rare” sequence for me. If you get the sequence, you can’t really miss it. I personally wish the elevator stopped at that scene for a shorter amount of time though, as you almost completely stop and the effect is partially ruined by the amount of time you can see it (when I’ve gotten the scene the elevator bounced infront of the scene for five seconds or so).

Anyways, now you have something to find on your next trip!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A couple quick photos of the couple
View attachment 761240

And the Nanny and Child.
View attachment 761239

Kinda funny they are so adamant about the figures not existing, then you linked a thread with them acknowledging the exact effect in the next post without realizing.
Also note the air canons between the figures. If they work they’re supposed to blast the guest cabin.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
My brothers and I would always shout out "HAUNTING IN THE SHAFT! HAUNTING IN THE SHAFT!" every time we would ride, whether we saw them or not. As a child the idea terrified me, but I love that they are there now.

Rodj

OK I guess there would be not much to see if it gets stuck in the shaft towers. When you were stuck, were there ever lights that came on? I guess even if lights came on inside the shaft; you really could not see the shaft because riders are inside the car. Thanks for sharing your experience.
A bit late to add on here, the current breakdown lights(installed in the late 2010's) that come on are at opposite corners above the AGV. There are some extra work lights pointed up at the top of the VVC/Lift but are not used for a breakdown. Originally the themed ceiling and wall lights were the lights that would come on. There are some themed wall lights in the drop shaft that were originally used as well as the wall lights in the VVC/Lift for the original drop sequence, wish they would bring those back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom