Has the Tower of Terror elevator ever gotten stuck in the drop shafts?

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
I have seen videos of people that were stuck in the WDW Tower of Terror, but I think all the ones I have seen have been in the path going TO the drop towers, and not in the Towers. Anyone aware of people getting stuck temporarily IN the drop shafts?

NelsonRD

We were briefly stuck in the shaft our last trip. During the drop cycle it stopped. After about a few minutes minutes, the lights came on with an announcement to remain seated. About a minute after that, it moved very slowly to the bottom. We were never evacuated. The vehicle returned with no show effects, slowly.

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
We were briefly stuck in the shaft our last trip. During the drop cycle it stopped. After about a few minutes minutes, the lights came on with an announcement to remain seated. About a minute after that, it moved very slowly to the bottom. We were never evacuated. The vehicle returned with no show effects, slowly.
OK I guess there would be not much to see if it gets stuck in the shaft towers. When you were stuck, were there ever lights that came on? I guess even if lights came on inside the shaft; you really could not see the shaft because riders are inside the car. Thanks for sharing your experience.

JIMINYCR

There IS nothing to see. You are in a shaft. Dis doesnt put anything on the shaft walls with the intention guests will have to have something to look at.

NelsonRD

OK I guess there would be not much to see if it gets stuck in the shaft towers. When you were stuck, were there ever lights that came on? I guess even if lights came on inside the shaft; you really could not see the shaft because riders are inside the car. Thanks for sharing your experience.
The roof is not solid, it is grated. With the work lights on, we were able to see some cabling and some track looking up. During the decent there is not much to see, mostly black walls. I may recall seeing some sensors and cameras, and you can see a little of the outline of the purple lighting effect at the end. At the bottom, there was a mechanical room that was well lit behind a fence, and props were lit brighter with the work lights.

I felt bad because the couple next to me was on it for the first time, and seemed nervous from the start. When it stopped, they asked if that was supposed to happen, and I had to tell them "No."

JIMINYCR

There ARE effects/props in the shafts. Specifically there are mannequins that will light up with a blue hue to signify them being ghosts.
Have any photos of these? Ive never seen or heard of mannequins set up in the shafts that are seen when there is a breakdown.

Kamikaze

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Have any photos of these? Ive never seen or heard of mannequins set up in the shafts that are seen when there is a breakdown.
its not specifically when there's a breakdown...it's during one of the drop sequences. I've seen them both during the sequences with the lights off and once where the ride broke down (prior to the drop shaft) and after like 30 minutes they put the lights on and we did the entire sequence that way and I saw them.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Have you ridden the attraction? They are a part of the sequence- been that way for over a decade. They are the ghosts! Spooky!

Well they're part of one of the sequences (assuming they are still doing multiple sequences), so you may not always notice them if it doesn't stop on that "floor" during the drop sequence

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom