Has PI been a success?

strobe

I love Pleasure Island, however, I will admit that I have been spending less and less time there and more time on the Boardwalk. Since I stay at the Beach Club, it is just so much more convenient because you don't have to deal with buses or anything like that.

But to answer your question, I think PI is successful. There are always pretty good crowds, and it's a lot of fun. From a business standpoint, if it wasn't successful, you would see Disney changing things in a hurry. :)

Big Pooh

I think PI has been very sucessful. I'm not sure Disney was counting on the locals business to be as good as it is. But I know they welcome it. As long as people are coming through the door, it's hard not to make money in the bar business.

There are lots of bars everywhere for a reason. They're good money makers. Even with high liquor taxes in most states, the profit margin is very good with alcohol, as long as it's being poured right by the bartenders. Food is harder to make money with, but it can be done. Most bars offer pub food to keep the patrons happy, not because of the profit. Alcohol pays the bills in a Bar & Grill.

BTW, the AC rules!!!!! :sohappy: :D

Peace Love and Mickey...

Cheers :wave:

Pippa

I agree the AC rocks!

And judging by the amount of cash I spend on cocktails there then yes PI is definately a sucess :lol:

Lovecraft

They seemed to me to be about the same price as in any other convention city -- with the exception of New Orleans where drinks are practically free.

A drink that runs $4.75 anywhere else is about $2.25 in New Orleans.

If I remember correctly the drinks at PI seemed to be in the 4.75 -5.25 range.

Lovecraft

Oh yeah -- mixed drinks. I don't know what beer prices are, I don't really drink beer (except for Guiness -- I like Guiness but then, it isn't really beer is it?)

djmatthews

Ah so around £2.90-£3.60(ish) for all us Brits. That's not too bad at all considering the prices that I pay in Londons night clubs. A bottle of water in one I go to quite regularly is £2 - and its a very small bottle. I found the drinks to be a lot more expensive in DLP in the Disney Village

kal1484

I went to the Beach's club only so far, but I was with a group, and we rented the place at like, 3 p.m. On vacations, I'm usually with my family, so going by myself to PI wouldn't be much fun, plus I only turned 18 about a year ago. If I get into the college program, then I will mostly definatly go. Sounds like a great place to go after work. As for the drink....I won't be drinking much more than water, so it won't be a problem for me.

bearboysnc

Originally posted by strobe
From a business standpoint, if it wasn't successful, you would see Disney changing things in a hurry. :)

Yeah, thats why the Zepherdome (rollerrink) closed and became the country place, which closed and became Motions. Several other clubs were replaced shortly after the opening too. I think the only things that are remotely the same are AC and Manequines.

Somewhere in the beginning there was a lame backstory about shipping tycoon (similar to the Mansion backstory minus the dead bride) LUCKY they abandoned the backstory, and just made it hip and fun for all ages.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by bearboysnc
Yeah, thats why the Zepherdome (rollerrink) closed and became the country place, which closed and became Motions. Several other clubs were replaced shortly after the opening too. I think the only things that are remotely the same are AC and Manequines.

Somewhere in the beginning there was a lame backstory about shipping tycoon (similar to the Mansion backstory minus the dead bride) LUCKY they abandoned the backstory, and just made it hip and fun for all ages.

The story's still there, it's just to explain the name "island". I don't remember any ties to a theme, though.

Actually, the original country place was Neon Armadillo. It was replaced by BET Soundstage. Fireworks Factory was the bar/restaurant that was replaced by Wildhorse Saloon which was replaced by Motions.

JaynMACP96_97_9

That story, and theming is still there. On the college program, one of the classes i took had a day when we headed over to PI during the day and had a scavenger hunt to gather all the facts to the story. There are plaques everywhere on the outsides as well as the insides of the clubs and stores.

But i'd suggest checking them out during the day as we did in that class.

JaynMACP96_97_9

Originally posted by CSOM
Can someone explain the Adventurers Club to me? I've wandered in there a few times, but never really got it....:confused:

Here's Disney.com's official blurb on it:
Adventurers Club Step into the 1930s at Adventurers Club, where you will enjoy live stage shows in an eccentric explorers club. Laugh at our daring adventures in four outrageous rooms filled with continuous entertainment.

Its the only club that has character actors . They play roles as great Adventurers and tell "war stories" etc.. similar to the character actors at the Studios.

If you're bringing teenagers or under 21's as a family its one of the only places that the entire family feels like they fit in, imo.

Its definately something you should do at least once. Hang out in there for a show or two, few drinks.

CSOM

Thanks Jay.... I guess I've always gone in mid "show" and you have no clue what is going on, etc... I might check it out longer next time I go back...I generally just use it for the bathroom :lookaroun

Pippa

Originally posted by CSOM
Thanks Jay.... I guess I've always gone in mid "show" and you have no clue what is going on, etc... I might check it out longer next time I go back...I generally just use it for the bathroom :lookaroun

Definately go there and wait for something to happen as it always does! I love the AC and challenge anyone not to have good time there :lol:

colliera

AC Shows

Big shows at the AC are in the library. There are also shows for the mask and treasure rooms. New membership induction on the main lower floor. Hang around long enough for announcements to be made about what's next and where. (Other than CM's fooling around improving with guests and other CMs).

I believe the podium on the upper level as you come in has a list of the shows and times. (No one actually mans the poduium).

Trick to the end of the library shows is they open the doors to the outside after the show which will propell you out of the AC. Unlike the Comedy Warehouse you don't have to exit. Just turn back into the main lower floor area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom