Has PI been a success?

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by surfsupdon
As a college student who does know how to have a fun time, whenever I am at Disney, I do not go to PI. In all my vacations, I have never even been there, though I have seen a sign on my way to Typhoon Lagoon, haha. Anyway, personally, and talking for my college aged friends as well, once we got old enough to go to PI, we still dont go. When at Disney, we want rides--we stay at the parks till closing, usually 12 when we go. Clubs can be done at home, at college, but Splash Mtn CANNOT.

I know I cant say I wouldnt like PI (b/c i have never been there so I cannot judge) but I do know that when I go on vacation to Disney, I want rides plain and simple. And some Cinderella too.

But thats why you go to PI late at night!

strobe

I think it is a success, it always seems to be crowded and they attract both WDW guests and locals. I'll tell you though, after a long hot day at the parks, I enjoy the nightlife on the Boardwalk a little bit better. It seems to me that not nearly as many people know about it (or how to get to it).

We almost always stay at the Beach Club, so we watch the show at EPCOT, walk through the International gateway, grab some food, and enjoy the different venues. Jelly Rolls is one of my personal favorites.

Woody13

Hi strobe. Jellyrolls is the old Dueling Piano-style bar owned by Bruce Williams (radio host) and his family. Bruce was once a very gifted pianist until he lost some of his finger movement as the result of an airplane crash. Bruce lives over on the west coast of Florida and he regularly visits the WDW Jellyrolls. I'll tell him you like his bar! (P.S. Bruce still wants Disney to use his voice in a feature animation film.) :)

NowInc

I went to PI a few times, really not my scene tho...

but as far as a SUCCESS..hell yes..that place is always bouncing...

strobe

Originally posted by Woody13
Hi strobe. Jellyrolls is the old Dueling Piano-style bar owned by Bruce Williams (radio host) and his family. Bruce was once a very gifted pianist until he lost some of his finger movement as the result of an airplane crash. Bruce lives over on the west coast of Florida and he regularly visits the WDW Jellyrolls. I'll tell him you like his bar! (P.S. Bruce still wants Disney to use his voice in a feature animation film.) :)

Wow. I had no idea. It truly is one of my favorites, we visited during my honeymoon and everyone was super friendly (bartenders, wait staff, performers). We had a great time singing along to Billy Joel and a bunch of other artists. It is just a cool place!! Tell him that it is definitely on the list of 'must dos' for my wife and I!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Shannon_Yensid

In feb. my three best friends and i went to PI and we had SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun. at the comedy club they sang a song for Kaci because she's afraid of fish....too funny.... we went everywhere except for those 21+ clubs (because we're only 18) and well, i could keep going but i won't because i'm at school right now and i should be working...

KONGALOOSH!!

TravisMT81

Originally posted by MillVillDavid
Well, When I was a CM in 2000, I went to PI every Thursday night(CM night) and it was always busy. I didn't really like it that much though. In all my time there I only hit it off with a girl there once, but it was a date anyway so it doesn't count!! Successful? Yes. Large profit for Disney? - No.

do you know how much alcohol they sell there. And the prices they charge.....hell yeah like any sucessful club they are raking in the mulla!!

Pippa

Anything that keeps you on disney property is going to be a sucess in their eyes although yes the drinks are pricey but hello its Disneyworld!!!!

strobe

Originally posted by Pippa
Anything that keeps you on disney property is going to be a sucess in their eyes although yes the drinks are pricey but hello its Disneyworld!!!!

Actually, I didn't think the drink prices were all that bad compared to other 'high end' style night clubs and whatnot. Disney actually charges just slightly above the standard. :slurp: Drink up!

NowInc

...geez..dont you people know how to go clubbing? Just become friendly with the bartender...drinks will magically get chepaer ;)

pooh071567

Originally posted by NowInc
...geez..dont you people know how to go clubbing? Just become friendly with the bartender...drinks will magically get chepaer ;)

Or meet up with a group down at WDW for a convention or meeting...drinks will magically become even cheaper (FREE):animwink: My sister and I met up with a group from Kinkos. I think we bought one drink all night and visited each club! We had a blast. It truly is a great way to meet people!

strobe

Originally posted by pooh071567
Or meet up with a group down at WDW for a convention or meeting...drinks will magically become even cheaper (FREE):animwink: My sister and I met up with a group from Kinkos. I think we bought one drink all night and visited each club! We had a blast. It truly is a great way to meet people!

No, see that involves the OTHER rule of clubbing. Be female :animwink: ... I know when we used to go out as a group (when I was single), the ladies would never pay. That's just how it works!

pooh071567

Originally posted by strobe
No, see that involves the OTHER rule of clubbing. Be female :animwink: ... I know when we used to go out as a group (when I was single), the ladies would never pay. That's just how it works!

Well, if I was there for a business function and I met you in a club, I'd buy you and your friends all the drinks you wanted.animwink: Nothing like "business development!" Not all females are looking for a free ride.:animwink:

strobe

Originally posted by pooh071567
Well, if I was there for a business function and I met you in a club, I'd buy you and your friends all the drinks you wanted.animwink: Nothing like "business development!" Not all females are looking for a free ride.:animwink:

Oh - I didn't mean that at all!!! :eek: I hope I didn't offend you. I know, the ladies are ALWAYS very generous, seriously. I'm just saying that I wouldn't dream of having a lady pay for herself.

But I agree, business development is great :animwink: . That said, I wouldn't turn down an offer for a free drink either! (it would be rude). So, thanks for the drink!!! :slurp:

pooh071567

Originally posted by strobe
Oh - I didn't mean that at all!!! :eek: I hope I didn't offend you. I know, the ladies are ALWAYS very generous, seriously. I'm just saying that I wouldn't dream of having a lady pay for herself.

But I agree, business development is great :animwink: . That said, I wouldn't turn down an offer for a free drink either! (it would be rude). So, thanks for the drink!!! :slurp:

Oh--I know...and you didn't offend me. I do agree with you though. It's much easier as a female. I was just saying that it could go both ways!

You're welcome...enjoy!! :animwink:

Snoballego

Drink Prices at PI...

Depending on the night of the week...Some of the clubs inside PI have drink specials...

$2 Imports at BET (mondays and thursdays)

Somewhere had $1 drafts one night...

I think PI does a great job all around. Each club seems to appear to a certain target audience, which allows everyone to find a place with an atmosphere they can enjoy...

Motions....18-21 year old MTV crowd

BET....21-30 for people who like dance to the freshest R and B tunes not the same tired top 40 tracks Motions plays. The name is misleading because it is a great dance club for everyone.

Mannequins....21+ alternative life style club. I haven't spent much time in there.

Adventurer's/Comedy Club...18+ great night life experiences if dancing/music isn't your thing.

8 Tracks....Late 20s+up...Beautiful music (Thursdays=80s), the crowd tends to be an older singles/shady married people's meat market.

Beach Club....18+...Good live rock sing a longs...No pressure to dance but somewhere to go if you like live music

I enjoy Downtown/Church Street for more of a dance club/singles scene.

I think City Walk does a nice job with the attractions it has too.

Nice Job all around,
Snoballego

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom