Has PI been a success?

Main Street USA

I'm only there once a year, and it certainly is to me! There's nothing better than capping off a day at the parks with a night at The Comedy Warehouse, Adventurers Club, and even sometimes, dare I say, Motion.

Then again, after a day at the parks, sleep is good too.:D

Nut4Disney

I think it's fun, and I love AC, but it is a bit overpriced just for access to the clubs. (@$22) I think that City Walk at Universal has taken what Disney has already done and made a much nicer area.

figmentmom

I love the Adventurer's Club, but outside of that, Pleasure Island is NOT my idea of fun. However, every time we've been there, it's been crowded, so I would have to assume that yes, it is a success. My daughter and her boyfriend, both graduate students in Florida, buy annual passes to PI, and they tell me that going with a group is a blast!

surfsupdon

Id agree that CityWalk is better, and more organized. They ahve better names too. And PI must ahve been doing good b/c Disney built another entertainment section at BoardWalk. My guess is b/c PI was crowded and this can alleviate some of that stress.

WDWspider

Originally posted by surfsupdon
And PI must ahve been doing good b/c Disney built another entertainment section at BoardWalk. My guess is b/c PI was crowded and this can alleviate some of that stress.

I view Boardwalk as a much more family friendly area though. Yes, they do have some sections geared toward adults, but overall the atmosphere does not scream "Party over Here" the same way as PI. IMHO.

crazygirley

I have been many times, and I have to say that it is crowded, but mostly with twenty-something college-aged people from the greater Orlando area. They go and get drunk and then get a cab to take them home. They go in groups, stay clustered, and make lot's of noise. The only good thing is that you don't have to deal with them on the bus on the way back to your hotel! I have never, not once, seen anyone who looked over 35 at PI late at night, I'm talking past 11:30. It is mostly the twenty-something college-aged people. My one suggestion: Don't go to PI with any plans of actually hitting it off with anyone, it won't happen, and trust me, don't go alone.

TomDisney

Originally posted by crazygirley
I have never, not once, seen anyone who looked over 35 at PI late at night, I'm talking past 11:30. It is mostly the twenty-something college-aged people.

THANKS! Glad I'm not showing my age yet then!! :lol: :lol: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Mirage

I know that on Fri and Sat. nights there are always a TON of people there. It gets really crowded. I have never gone in, but I think it is actually VERY sucessful

Well, When I was a CM in 2000, I went to PI every Thursday night(CM night) and it was always busy. I didn't really like it that much though. In all my time there I only hit it off with a girl there once, but it was a date anyway so it doesn't count!! Successful? Yes. Large profit for Disney? - No.

pooh071567

I have never, not once, seen anyone who looked over 35 at PI late at night, I'm talking past 11:30. It is mostly the twenty-something college-aged people. My one suggestion: Don't go to PI with any plans of actually hitting it off with anyone, it won't happen, and trust me, don't go alone.

Glad I'm not showing my age either considering I'm 36. When we were there last March, my sister and I caught the last bus leaving PI at 2:00 a.m. So I would venture to say that us 30-somethings do hang out after 11:30!!

crazygirley

I was thinking about the broad spectrum when I talked about the "no one looking over 35", and it is true, it's not a place for older crowds, same things goes for most club scenes, but hey, if you can get away with it, by all means, show it off, I know when I am 35, 40 for that matter, If I still look good, I'll flaunt it too!!!

PrncssCinderEly

and trust me, don't go alone.

I don't know about you...but my first time vacationing where I was able to get into PI...I went alone almost every night...9 nights during Christmas to NYE...actually my friend even left me there on NYE. I think it is also easy to meet people down there, because it is so simple to start up a conversation at the bar or something...I met a few different guys that vacation...and like I said...I was all alone.

I feel safe walking around the Disney Property by myself...I always feel safe.

IMHO...So to everyone...go and have a great time there, and throw back a drink for me..:kiss:

surfsupdon

As a college student who does know how to have a fun time, whenever I am at Disney, I do not go to PI. In all my vacations, I have never even been there, though I have seen a sign on my way to Typhoon Lagoon, haha. Anyway, personally, and talking for my college aged friends as well, once we got old enough to go to PI, we still dont go. When at Disney, we want rides--we stay at the parks till closing, usually 12 when we go. Clubs can be done at home, at college, but Splash Mtn CANNOT.

I know I cant say I wouldnt like PI (b/c i have never been there so I cannot judge) but I do know that when I go on vacation to Disney, I want rides plain and simple. And some Cinderella too.

RAZORBRAD

Whlie on vacation a few years ago, my Brother was at PI by himself he met a CM in the Country bar. Well they have been married two years and just had their first kid about a month ago. So I guess it is possible to meet some one there.

MKCustodial

I don't care much for the clubs, and I'm pretty sure that, like me, many Guests feel Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurer's Club alone are worth the admission price.

spagofreep

I to think that AC is worth going to PI. It is one of the most origanal clubs/bars I have ever been. Every time I have been to Disney PI has been very crowded, some more so than others but crowded. I can not see how PI can not be sucessful, the labor there is cheap (you can pay your servers and bartenders in Florida less than minimum wage) and beer and Alcohol has a great profit mark up. I would be willing to bet that Disney pays less than forty cents for a bottle of bud and the consumer pays (im guessing here) at least 2.50 a bottle and liquor has an even better mark up, so your big cost is in Maintance and entertainment. Not a bad deal if you can get it. I think it is a great move for Disney to close it untill seven the way they are as well, I am sure that the sales did not pay for the labor they had working for the day shifts. I have never been to City Walk but I love PI and I hope they dont touch it anymore than absolutly necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom