Has persistence paid off for you??

kybred72

Original Poster
I check the online dining reservations system everyday hoping that an early dinner time at O'hana will magically open up. So far, nada. Have you found a dining reservation that you really wanted open up by being persistent??

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your only two options are persistence or flat out dumb luck. Neither are guaranteed but persistence is at least under your control.

All you can do is keep plugging away.

Pioneer Hall

I check the online dining reservations system everyday hoping that an early dinner time at O'hana will magically open up. So far, nada. Have you found a dining reservation that you really wanted open up by being persistent??

Thanks!

I've had luck with being persistent, and plenty of times I still miss out. Unfortunately there is no system to it, but if you really want it then you have nothing to lose by checking regularly to see if you can grab something.

Bri1121

We have done it before and it has worked out. I also booked a trip 3 weeks out and got some great reservations so don't give up!

We are hoping to get two kids onto a reservation this trip! My mom keeps calling!

DanStat

Don't be discouraged! I've been trying to get in to Le Cellier for a LONG TIME! No reservations for literally 3 years worth of trips. For our trip this year, I had to shuffle dates around a bit and wound up forgetting about the 180 day window. Just checked yesterday (about 130 days out) and found a time at Le Cellier that worked for us! Keep checking! Persistence is key. Patience is not my virtue. Haha

HouCuseChickie

Persistance is key in my book. Last trip I booked everyting at 180 days only to have many changes of heart a month or two out. I found a lot of things open up here and there beginning about 3 weeks out from our trip... including 'Ohana. In fact, I got one 'Ohana ADR for a less desirable time and was able to find a better time slot about a week before travel. For our upcoming trip, I didn't book right at 180 so my initial ADRs for 'Ohana(d), Le Cellier(d), and Cali Grill were not ideal. We're still pretty far out from trip time, so I'm only checking once or twice a day right now, but so far I was able to get my ideal time for Le Cellier after about 3 weeks of trying and much better (but not ideal) times for Cali Grill and 'Ohana over the course of the last few months. EIther way- I'll keep trying. Good luck! :wave:

kybred72

Original Poster
WOOHOO!!! The Disney Gods have been good to me....I justed snagged a 7:10 seating at O'hana! YIPPEE :sohappy:

obrienIII

I have been trying twice a day since January to get a reservation for breakfast at Tusker House for May 31st. Every time, nothing available. Last night availability popped up for 8:05am. So persistence does pay off. Good Luck!

disneygirl1

Yes it has! We really wanted to try Yak & Yeti when it first opened but could not get a ressie for the time frame we were there. I checked online everyday as well as called the dining line almost everyday leading up to the trip. On the Saturday before we were to leave for Disney, I finally got a ressie there! Keep trying! Definitely think calling is a better option too just b/c they can look as all availability for you. Good luck!

Tomi-Rocket

My experience was from our last trip in '09, I wanted to get a reservation at Le Cellier. I called every couple of weeks, then weekly when our trip was close and I even called while we were on our trip but was never able to get a reservation! Bummer cause since then they've changed their menu and now we are not as interested in going.:rolleyes:

This happened with me for 50's Prime Time. Tried for two months for a 4 person reservation and nothing at anytime for dinner. Tried again two days before the trip and something opened for a 5:20pm seating.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

Dcoates

Absolutely keep trying...right up to asking if any walk ups are available,there are numerous no-shows with the free dining promo..moreso at the resort restaurants.

EvilQueen-T

i agree with the keep trying answers. about a year and a half ago i wanted crt and le cellier both for dinner. on my 180 day mark they weren't available. i checked a ton of times and after about a week or a week and a half of trying finally got both. you just never know. it's also helpful to be super flexible with your dining times.

PolynesianPrincess

Keep trying!!! We wanted an early ressie for Ohana and on the 180 day mark, the only thing open was 8:30pm (Don't forget people who already have booked Disney resorts can book 190 days out) so I kept trying a couple times a day and last week I got something for 5:10pm :sohappy:

SleepingMonk

... flat out dumb luck...

Just worked for me!

I booked Le Cellier, Via Napoli, Brown Derby and Tokyo Dining online yesterday for a last minute trip this weekend.

Managed to get everything at the lunch and dinner times we needed. Never happen again in a million years.

fyn

I tried everyday for 3 months to get a dinner reservation for 'Ohana on May 23rd. No luck at all, but I was able to snag Kona Cafe for 6:00PM as a backup.

We wanted an early dinner, so I got inline at the 'Ohana host stand at 4:30, and 4 people (from separate groups) were in front of me. None of the groups had ADRs, but they took our names and handed us buzzers with the expectation that we'll be called for a table in about 45 minutes, an hour max. 20 minutes later (technically 5:20, the host didn't show up until 5:00) our table was ready.

This has now happened twice on 2 separate trips for us at 'Ohana. Give it a go without an ADR if you really want to eat there, but be prepared to wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom