Has Disney ever lost your dining reservations?

luv

Nope. Never. I always repeat the confirm number when they give it to me...and always have it ready for them, but they've never needed it. :)

One time we had a great deal of trouble finding my MNSSHP tickets, but eventually found them after going through three credit card numbers. :)

Another time I booked the hotel through Expedia the night before we left (they were the only ones who still had rooms to sell there) and when I got there the next morning, had no record of it yet. I thought we were going to have to sleep on pool chairs for a little bit ;) but it got straightened out, too. Something about a Reservation Warehouse or Clearinghouse or something.

DizneyPryncess

Often when I login to disney.com, all my reservations are gone. I search for them by confirmation # and they reappear. I've never had any go missing when I actually go to check-in, but I always bring my confirmation # just in case. If you have a #, I would think they'd have to seat you.

dvcnut

Original Poster
Update - I was finally able to get through over the phone this morning. For some reason, they had cancelled one of the reservations, re-booked it, and never gave me the new confirmation number. Very strange!

The other reservation was in the system, so I am all set...at least dining-wise! :)

Mukta

Update - I was finally able to get through over the phone this morning. For some reason, they had cancelled one of the reservations, re-booked it, and never gave me the new confirmation number. Very strange!

The other reservation was in the system, so I am all set...at least dining-wise! :)
Woo-hoo!!

lebeau

They lost our reservation for Hollywood and Vine once which was annoying because the reservation was really the only reason we hopped back to DHS that night. I gave them my confirm number and everything. They couldn't do a thing for me. Fortunately, they were taking walk-ups and we didn't have much of a wait.

maryszhi

My wife handles making the ADR's for us. She always writes down the confirmation numbers and we carry them with us in a notebook with all our other Disney Info, so they are handy when checking in. Once we checked in to the 50s Prime Time on a vey heavy crowded day and there wasn't a reservation showing up on their screen, but we had the number to back us up and were seated in no time.
i had the same thing happen at 50s. its harder when they are crowded. i always have copies of the emails and numbers at all times......

Dad 2 M & M

This is perhaps always the best option. Unfortunately, the Disney Dining system, is notorious for "losing" your ADR information online for some time, although I've always managed to see my restored at some point. But even with a confirmation email, writing it down on a spreadsheet or piece of paper is your best bet....:)
Same here... every time one of mine has been "lost" it eventually shows up again. I keep a speadsheet like many have posted in this thread.

Did anyone get a ressie for Be Our Guest Monday via an automated operator? I was able to secure a ressie, but it did not ask for credit card info.....I will check back soon and give the info.

momoftwins09

This is a first for me. I was putting a list together of all of our confirmation numbers for our dining reservations for our November trip and found that I never received a confirmation for Le Cellier and that the system didn't have a record of my other reservation to Tusker House (despite me having the emailed confirmation number).

It just so happens that I discovered this on the day that Be Our Guest reservations became available, so I have had no luck getting through to Disney over the phone on this. :( Hopefully it's just a glitch in the system.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
If so, was Disney able to keep your reservations?

I have been going to Disney for 33 years and never had a problem but this year for the first time they lost my reservation for Chef Mickey. And of course I noticed it on the day Be Our Guest booking opened too. It took forever and I finally got through but they were unable to get my reservation back due to it already being booked solid and my party being 13 people. They did squeeze us in at another time but I do my ADR's 180 days out so I dont have to worry about settling for an inconvenient time. Im so upset about this.:(

dvcnut

Original Poster
I have been going to Disney for 33 years and never had a problem but this year for the first time they lost my reservation for Chef Mickey. And of course I noticed it on the day Be Our Guest booking opened too. It took forever and I finally got through but they were unable to get my reservation back due to it already being booked solid and my party being 13 people. They did squeeze us in at another time but I do my ADR's 180 days out so I dont have to worry about settling for an inconvenient time. Im so upset about this.:(

I'm sorry that you lost your reservation.

I'm shocked that Disney didn't honor the reservation. Did you have a confirmation #?

They should have given you some free fast passes for your trouble.

momoftwins09

I'm sorry that you lost your reservation.

I'm shocked that Disney didn't honor the reservation. Did you have a confirmation #?

They should have given you some free fast passes for your trouble.
I was shocked that Disney didn't honor it too but they didn't. Even though I had the confirmation number and original confirmation email. Im not looking for hand outs but they didn't offer anything for the inconvenience. I have to say I was really surprised!

swissamy

I try to make my reservations using the online disney world reservations site, and they send me a confirmation email for each which I save until the trip and just pull them up on my phone as a reference if needed

disneynut4u

Last year, we had ressies at Liberty Tree for lunch. When we got to the podium & gave our name, she couldn't find it. I had the print out of our confirmation, & she still couldn't find it. There were no tables available & an hour to wait. I asked if they could get us somewhere else & she started making calls. She got us an immediate table at Crystal Palace, so all's well that ended well. If it had happened somewhere else & we had had kids with us, it might have been a problem. But oh, well. It worked out.

Dad 2 M & M

I was shocked that Disney didn't honor it too but they didn't. Even though I had the confirmation number and original confirmation email. Im not looking for hand outs but they didn't offer anything for the inconvenience. I have to say I was really surprised!
Sorry to hear this happened...Disney is usually so accommodating! I make sure to have my ressies printed, and in your case, doesn't seem as if that would have helped.

Allygator

Great idea! I am going to do that for my upcoming trip. That will avoid extra paperwork that I have to carry around and keep up with. Thank you for the tip!

This works out so nice since you can add reminders for prior to the reservations. Have fun on your trip!!!

Magikal

I put my reservation numbers on my phone calendar along with the time.
I do this as well. We start our Free Dining pkg today & want to be prepared for whatever may come, just in case. We've been in the 'land of the lost ressies' before. Not a fun place. And with a family of 3 hungry kiddos it pays to be prepared!

Tomi-Rocket

I have always printed out a copy of all our ADR's and not only have a copy in the room but have a credit card sized copy in my cross body bag I carry in the parks, just in case. I also will get a copy from guest services of all the reservations we have and double check to make sure everything is on there and correct. Thankfully, we've never had a problem with them losing or missing any of our ADR's ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom