Has Disney ever lost your dining reservations?

dvcnut

Original Poster
This is a first for me. I was putting a list together of all of our confirmation numbers for our dining reservations for our November trip and found that I never received a confirmation for Le Cellier and that the system didn't have a record of my other reservation to Tusker House (despite me having the emailed confirmation number).

It just so happens that I discovered this on the day that Be Our Guest reservations became available, so I have had no luck getting through to Disney over the phone on this. :( Hopefully it's just a glitch in the system.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
If so, was Disney able to keep your reservations?

experiment624

I've never had a lost reservation, however, I'm starting to think my BOG ressie will be a problem. If you speak to an agent, they will usually find a way to fix your lost reservation, especially if you have a confirmation number. I hope it works out for you, i know it has to be frustrating.

Mukta

When I make ADRs, I keep the confirmation number in my spreadsheets. When I used to do them over the phone, I would type the confirmation numbers as the cast member read them to me. Now that I do ADRs online, I copy and paste the number when I book it. I have never had an issue.

PolynesianPrincess

When I make ADRs, I keep the confirmation number in my spreadsheets. When I used to do them over the phone, I would type the confirmation numbers as the cast member read them to me. Now that I do ADRs online, I copy and paste the number when I book it. I have never had an issue.

Same thing with me. I've never had it happen to me though I know a couple people it has happened to. Plus I print out copies of the actual confirmations to take with us on trips. Better to be safe than sorry and have something just in case!!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

This is perhaps always the best option. Unfortunately, the Disney Dining system, is notorious for "losing" your ADR information online for some time, although I've always managed to see my restored at some point. But even with a confirmation email, writing it down on a spreadsheet or piece of paper is your best bet....:)

ann0d

I know I gave different phone numbers so maybe you did that. I called and they were able to look them up by giving all the different numbers - email address is the same.

dvcnut

Original Poster

You just reminded me that I did write down the confirmation numbers. Now just to find them! :)

DisneyDebNJ

I always bring a copy of all our confirmation numbers with us. On more than one occasion, I went up to the podium, gave our name, and they couldnt find our reservation, but when I gave them the confirmation number, they were able to pull it up. (Typo on their part maybe??) Yes, as @Mukta said, could be a different phone number too. Hope all works out for you!!!

real mad hatter

Yes,The girl at the podium at T-Rex knew nothing about our ADR,I produced our 12 digit ref number and she still shook her head,then asked when we booked it,to which I replied 180 days ago.She then called another girl who took us in and were seated right away.

crispy

I always bring a copy of all our confirmation numbers with us. On more than one occasion, I went up to the podium, gave our name, and they couldnt find our reservation, but when I gave them the confirmation number, they were able to pull it up. (Typo on their part maybe??) Yes, as @Mukta said, could be a different phone number too. Hope all works out for you!!!

We have had the same thing happen. Once at Liberty Tree, the CM at dining reservations booked the restaurant, but didn't put our name in the system. When the Cm who worked at Liberty Tree pulled up the confirmation number we had, she showed us the blank space for the name. We were seated since we had the confirmation number.

ladydi

The one time I forgot my confirmation no at the hotel, we had a problem. We had ressies for 7 people at Tony's. After searching for 10 minutes, they finally found our reservation. Apparently. my TA had given them our name in Capital letters and the computer system could not find it when they typed it in lower case letters. The first CM that helped us obviously could also not read capital letters as she wasn't able to see our name on the reservation list. The second CM was a tad more helpful (or literate).

JIMINYCR

My wife handles making the ADR's for us. She always writes down the confirmation numbers and we carry them with us in a notebook with all our other Disney Info, so they are handy when checking in. Once we checked in to the 50s Prime Time on a vey heavy crowded day and there wasn't a reservation showing up on their screen, but we had the number to back us up and were seated in no time.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This is a first for me. I was putting a list together of all of our confirmation numbers for our dining reservations for our November trip and found that I never received a confirmation for Le Cellier and that the system didn't have a record of my other reservation to Tusker House (despite me having the emailed confirmation number).

It just so happens that I discovered this on the day that Be Our Guest reservations became available, so I have had no luck getting through to Disney over the phone on this. :( Hopefully it's just a glitch in the system.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
If so, was Disney able to keep your reservations?

Sort of - my entire reservation has disappeared on more then one occasion from the waltdisneyworld.com website. Usually it is back up later that day. My guess is with all the hula-baloo this a.m. with BOG, that it might be on the fritz again. FYI - if most of your ADR's are there, then you can search for missing reservation by inputting in the specific reservation number.

LizC

Hmm... This has never happened to me before. I NEVER take my confirmation numbers with me, always just put my trust in Disney. :p I will surely be taking them this time, I got some awesome ADR's that I do not want messed up. (Le Celier, O'hana, etc...)

Thanks @dvcnut and everyone else for making me aware. :)

bgraham34

When dining first went online one of my reservations had disappeared.Luckily I was able to sit down for dinner anyways at Ohanas.

RonAnnArbor

If you are staying on-property, you can also log into your reservations information online, and all your restaurant reservations are listed on the bottom of the details page

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom