Has anyone gone to disney pregnant

shari71

I went when I was 5 months pregnant in October. It ended up being the hottest trip and I was kind of miserable, but still happy and determined to enjoy. I would not go any later than that just because it would be hard, but that is a personal decision.

morgan22

I travelled to WDW last march when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant and I found it fine - the weather was in mid 80's though granted not as humid as August will be - with regards to the travelling I flew from Manchester, UK which was approx 10hours - that was the worst part!!

I don't know whether you usually enjoy the E-ticket rides but I felt a bit sad I missed out on some of these - basically I held the bags while my DH rode them all (using both tickets to get twice the fastpasses i might add!!)

I think 6/7 months is certainly more sensible than 8 months and a little easier on the ankles!! If you do decide to go just make sure you pace yourself, rest often and drink, drink, drink plenty of water...

Peaches Magee

I went when I was 7 months pregnant in the month of August, and I was miserable. It was sooo hot, crowded and I couldn't go on much. My feet got swollen in my sneakers so I had to buy some sandals there. Everyone else had a blast fastpassing all my favorite rides, but I was not a happy girl. I think a big part was cause I was so hot and uncomfortable, I hate going to Disney in the Summer, its just not my cup of tea, so being pregnant on top of that was lousy for me.
We all went about a year later for Christmas day and my sister was like 8 months pregnant and had a decent time, cause we got her a wheelchair (a great idea btw!) and it was very cool out in Dec.

So just be aware of the heat in FL in Aug. and if so, get a wheelchair to spare your feet the swelling...
Disney is always fun, just very different when pregnant in summer. :)
good luck!

Peaches Magee

P.S. Just read the original date for going... I would say go in the end of Sept as planned it is cooler then and less crowded for sure! Just get a wheelchair in case you get tired.

SallyShine

I went at the end of October and had my son 2 1/2 weeks later. Obviously, you can't go on all the rides, but I still had a great time. That was 10 years ago, but I don't remember anything bad about the trip.

Cole'sMom

First of all, congratulations! In my opinion, I would never go to WDW in August while pregnant. It is ungodly hot. Even in September, it's still wayyy hot. If you can go this spring when you are earlier on, it's not as hot as summer. I would wait and take the family where you can enjoy it much more!

leosmummy

Hi

I have been twice when i have been PG, first with my son when i was 16 weeks and then with my daughter when i was 28 weeks both time in the April. The first time round i found it fine no problems at all the second time not so easy, i found the heat got to me alot and being that far along i got alot more tired. I don't think there is anyway i could of managed to have gone in the August to be honest that far along, but there again I travelled from the UK, where we are not know for having that much hot weather lol

figmentmom

I wouldn't go ANYWHERE I didn't have to go, eight months pregnant! :lol: August in WDW is very, very hot; between that, the humidity, and all that walking, I would reconsider your plans, but it's really up to you (and your doctor). :wave:

Tim G

I just found out I am pregnant. My family and i have a trip planned for Sept 22. i will be almost 8 months by then. i think it will be no fun for me. i am wondering has anyone gone pregnant and maybe if i switch my trip to the first week of August when i am on the border of 6 and 7 months that it would be ok. We were going to cancel all together and wait til next year. Advise anyone??? We have 3 other kids we would be taking there ages are 13, 7, and 2. Thanks

Nope... never been pregnant... :lookaroun

mouselvrmom

I went back in 2000 in the end of August when I was 7 month pregnant with my second child. It really wasn't that bad! Sure I had a lot of extra weight that I was hauling around & I couldn't go on any of the rollercoasters. But it was my daughters first trip, she was 5 & it was so great to see her enjoying herself with the characters. I also thought that the characters gave me a little extra attention since I was so huge & obviously pregnant. The only day that was hard was our day at Animal Kingdom. It was so hot & that park has little attractions that are air conditioned. We had to wait in line about an hour to see Mickey & I almost died! I had to sit down on the trail because I didn't think that I wouild make it. But I did & my second loves saying that she was in my tummy in Disney, she thinks that adds another trip to her total.:)

RebeccaQ

I went at 7 months along with a 3 year old in tow- it was in a late November and it was wonderful. However, in the heat could be a whole different story as others have mentioned. A funny plus about being in Disney pregnant - (especially while you're in Epcot) you can find just about any food you might have a craving for!

ELopez

I went when I was 5 months into my 3rd pregnancy, and I won't do that again. It was March, but the walking in AK drove me to tears!

I guess it does really depend on you. I would be a bit wary of traveling so far that late in your 4th pregnancy (airlines probably wouldn't allow it, and a car ride that long would be rough). Although giving birth in WDW could make a great story!

I rarely advise anyone to postpone a Disney trip, but that just may be the best. If you go after the little on is here - all that walking could help you shed that baby weight!! (Although, for me, all that eating cancels it out!)

3fordisney

I have been to Disney pregnant. I did ok, but I was very early into mine (8 wks) and went at the end of November/first of December of 2001. We planned it, of course, before the pregnancy. I have been in August and it is hot! My son was born mid-July and the heat and humidity got to me. With the extra weight and the other problems I developed (toxemia as well as postpartum cardiomyopathy..long story), I couldn't stand the heat of summer.

My sister has gone pregnant a few times, but during cooler months. I might wait since August is soo hot and humid and you never know how you are going to feel that far along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom