Has Anyone Fished in Disney World? (NOT ON THE EXCURSION)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Has anyone here ever brought their rod with them and fished at the lakes where they are staying?

Last trip a guy was fishing every night at Pop and I was distraught because I had no clue you could do that.

So I just mailed my rod and tackle to my resort today.

BigRedDad

Its a public lake. However, it is Disney property and they may not say anything. But, they could get Fish & Wildlife out there. If you don't have a license, it can be a hefty fine.

wdwjoe

When we stay at WL I get up every morning around 5:30 am and go fish off the docks. I do not want to disturb the other guests so I am packing up my tackle by 7:00am. And yes I have caught a couple of nice size bass. I plan on doing the same thing this Sept. at CBR. Very enjoyable !

lighteningqueen

Really!!!!I asked when booking if my grandson could and she said No.. He is only 8 and we would not keep them where would you keep them if you could much less cook them..I would like an answer as well. We are staying at POP right on the lake..

Scuttle

When we stay at WL I get up every morning around 5:30 am and go fish off the docks. I do not want to disturb the other guests so I am packing up my tackle by 7:00am. And yes I have caught a couple of nice size bass. I plan on doing the same thing this Sept. at CBR. Very enjoyable !

really? wow that's awesome.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
when we stay at wl i get up every morning around 5:30 am and go fish off the docks. I do not want to disturb the other guests so i am packing up my tackle by 7:00am. And yes i have caught a couple of nice size bass. I plan on doing the same thing this sept. At cbr. Very enjoyable !

awesome!!!!!!

surfsupdon

Will fissh in the early early morning at Caribbean Beach if we happen to be staying there. Right off the dock on the far side of the lake in the Trinidad South section.

ewensell3

I've fished at Dixie Landings.

...and you still can at Port Orleans Riverside. Cane pole and worms are included with the dock fee, but you can also bring your own rod n reel (which you need to reach the weeds on the far side of the pond). The CMs say there's bass in there, but we didn't see them. Not with just cane poles anyway.

WDWplanner claims one can rent a canoe from Ft Wilderness and just drop a line in the water.

...and here's an article about fishing "round the world". However I have not found an official rule for on-property fishing. Other than no private boats on WDW waterways.

Edit - Most definitive answer yet is on Yahoo! Answers. Unguided fishing is allowed along the canals in Ft. Wilderness.

sweetpee_1993

My brother saw a guy fishing with his own gear at CBR last summer. It was always my understanding that unless you booked a guided excursion or rented Disney's equipment to fish in designated areas it was a no-no. Even when you go on the guided excursions you can't bring your own gear.

It's too bad you can't bring your own boat. I believe my hubby would pay double the going rate of the guided excursions just to be able to say his boat was dipped in a Disney lake, he caught Disney fishies on his own tackle, and had little Mickey fish swimming in his livewell. I totally don't get the whole fishing thing but then not everyone gets my dolly-adoration either so it's all good.

Actually, I overheard the old man talking to my brother on the phone last night trying to work out the details for them to take the boat and go on a fishing outing. They both are considering a trip to some of the Central Florida lakes. My brother stays in touch with all his old friends we grew up with there so they'd have people who know the lakes to kick around with. Boys and their toys. Gotta love 'em.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
...and you still can at Port Orleans Riverside. Cane pole and worms are included with the dock fee, but you can also bring your own rod n reel (which you need to reach the weeds on the far side of the pond). The CMs say there's bass in there, but we didn't see them. Not with just cane poles anyway.

WDWplanner claims one can rent a canoe from Ft Wilderness and just drop a line in the water.

...and here's an article about fishing "round the world". However I have not found an official rule for on-property fishing. Other than no private boats on WDW waterways.

Edit - Most definitive answer yet is on Yahoo! Answers. Unguided fishing is allowed along the canals in Ft. Wilderness.

EXCELLENT stuff! Thanks SO much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom