Has anyone ever had another guest start an issue with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I totally get that, but if you're going to stand there messing around with the queue...don't get upset when people pass you. Mess with it while standing and waiting, but if that line moves...don't just hold everything up....move along to the next item in the queue!
I see your point, but on the other side of the coin, are you really going to get on the ride any quicker if 10 feet of the line opens up while in queue and people don't fill it up immediately?

SagamoreBeach

Sheesh, I'll admit that I've only been on these boards a few months, but it seems like the past couple of weeks, this particular general discussion thread has gone a bit bonkers.

If this is all to be believed , then "something" is going on with the Magic Kingdom, and now, on top of that, people will try to start something with you there, Epcot is falling apart at the seams, the Food and Wine Festival is packed daily with vomiting drunks, and the Disney Studios has no theme. I haven't read anything about Animal Kingdom yet, but soon I bet we're going to learn that the animals there are all really rude.

I'm the first to admit that I'm no little Mary Sunshine, but if the parks are really as bad as they have been described here lately, then why are we all here on a Disney World fan site, and why do we keep going back to the parks at all.

Anyway, I'll climb off the old soapbox now.

Buddy - The animals at Animal Kingdom are all wonderful!! But I did have a minor incident there. I wanted to see one of the featured shows at AK so I got to the spot a few minutes before showtime. Just as the African Dancers came out and started the crowds started to move in. Now Its packed. I boy manages to to get in front of me. I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around and a woman says..quite rudely...My son is standing in front of you and I need to be with my son. So I tapped on the kid's shoulder and said..your mom wants you back there with her. She got really mad...called me a few names and stormed off with the kid. I really thought it was quite funny.
-Tony

VoiceGuy07

Experienced the parade "Texas Two-Step" at Tapestry of Nations parade at EPCOT. Wife and I arrived early and parked ourselves on the curb. After the parade started, two young kids were positioned in front of us by their parents (no big deal) but then the parents moved on in to be with their kids in front of us.

We got into a delightful exchange and then called over a CM for assistance. Instantly, the adults no longer spoke English but were able to communicate that they were going to report the CM to management for being rude - she was nothing but helpful and friendly. They ultimately moved along, we spoke with the CM, got her name and wrote a nice note about her and the professional way she handled the incident.

And then there was that time my wife and I cut into a long line of Brazilian tour group folks as they were loading into the Big Thunder Mountain queue. But we'll save that for another day.

stevehousse

I have a story but I am saving it for when that moment comes along in my trip report I am currently writing! It involves a "traffic jam" near TSMM, a family tht would not get out of everyones way, and a family with a scooter. All a big miscommunication but this b@$@& tried to yell at me and my wife! I do not think so lady...

JerseyDad

.....last time at MK ...as we were exiting the "People Mover" ...I was standing on the moving walkway Apparently the fact that I was standing still and not walking ...on the moving belt ...irked some guy behind me and my wife ...and he was muttering something obnoxious nasty stuff about "people who don't have to be somewhere in a hurry" and it seemed he was being "Mr Tough Guy" for his wife/girlfriend.

....so ...I just turned around ...looked directly at him ...and said, "Hey ...there is a soda stand at the bottom of this ramp ...why not get yourself the biggest bottle of S.T.F.U. you can afford".

.....well ...he shut up ...and my wife wanted to hit me ...but I didn't care. It seems that the strangest stuff happened to me when I turned 50 .....I completely misplaced my "filter" (as my daughter refers to it) ...so I don't care what I say ...to who.

JohnD

I was minding my own business in Mouse Gear in Epcot just after the park officially closed when a group of people began walking through it as a shortcut out of the park. I stopped where I was to allow people to pass. Well, one lunkhead who I guess thought I was blocking him said, "I'll kick your a**" and kept on walking. Nice.

Jim Chandler

This is something I've been meaning to mention for ages, but when my Ex and I went in 2011, we had a horrible run in with other guests.

We went to see Rapunzel. She was in the Fairytale Garden and meeting with Flynn Rider, so we waited the half hour to see her. When we finally get to see them, she spent a large chunk of time leafing through my sketchbook and Flynn and my Ex were smoldering at us. It was very nice to be able to spend a few minutes interacting with them. When we exited,The lady two people behind us gestured to me to come over so I did so. We stepped aside and she then began to insult me and tell me it was unfair that we adults took up so much of the character's time when there were kids waiting. To our credit, the characters were in complete control and no CM was hurrying us through, so we had fun with them. This lady was horribly rude to us and I couldn't believe it. All the kids had plenty of time with them and so I was baffled. I'm not allowed to have fun and be in awe of my favorite princess?

I just couldn't believe her audacity. She complained to the CMs as well and they just sort of looked confused as to why she was making such a fuss. Her kids had time with Rapunzel and Flynn, and true, we were the only 2 people without kids, but it's Disney World. If I want to wait to see a Princess, I'm going to. I never got to go as a child, so this is my childhood now.

Anyone else have this kind of problem? What do you do about it?

She was using the kids as an excuse SHE just hated being in line

Jim Chandler

.....last time at MK ...as we were exiting the "People Mover" ...I was standing on the moving walkway Apparently the fact that I was standing still and not walking ...on the moving belt ...irked some guy behind me and my wife ...and he was muttering something obnoxious nasty stuff about "people who don't have to be somewhere in a hurry" and it seemed he was being "Mr Tough Guy" for his wife/girlfriend.

....so ...I just turned around ...looked directly at him ...and said, "Hey ...there is a soda stand at the bottom of this ramp ...why not get yourself the biggest bottle of S.T.F.U. you can afford".

.....well ...he shut up ...and my wife wanted to hit me ...but I didn't care. It seems that the strangest stuff happened to me when I turned 50 .....I completely misplaced my "filter" (as my daughter refers to it) ...so I don't care what I say ...to who.

I have lost that FILTER as well and life has become so much easier ;)

NiarrNDisney

Once when we were in the room where the band talks to you at RnRC, the CM told everyone several times to move all the way down, but the people in front of us insisted on stopping right in front of the window. So we went around them and moved all the way down. Then when the door opened to go into the boarding area, we were way ahead of them so one of the guys started screaming at my husband. We actually got on the car before theirs, so he continued to yell at us as our car took off.

This happened to my friend and I but on the old Test Track! A family of about 8 people were standing in front of us in line and while we waited we kept hearing them talking about us. I just brushed it off but my friend was getting upset. Finally it was our turn to go into the preboard rooms where as usual the CM asked us to fill in all the space and move as close to the doors as possible. We followed directions while the said family in front of us stood right in front of the monitors. Once the doors opened we queued up and then as we were turning in line the mother decided to get in our face and started screaming. I am not a person that takes this behavior lightly getting in my face is good enough reason for me flip out on someone, I stood over her and her family got right up in her face and told her "To Bad maybe next time instead of talking s@*# about my friend & I and other parties in line, being rude and having to be in the front, she should have been listening to instructions and there wouldn't have been a problem"! Others in line agreed and obviously were sick of this groups antics. In the end a CM came up to my friend and I, asked if we were a party of two and allowed us to go on even faster. Moral of the story be polite, keep your mouth shut, respect peoples personal space and you shouldn't have a problem.

Edit: There were some other pleasantries exchanged but since this is a family site I have omitted those from my story!

(This could have been a worse issue due to my disorder but luckily I had just taken another dose of my med's only a little before entering the ride so having done so and my friend controlling me I was fine and nothing to bad happened.)

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm constantly getting yelled at to sit down when standing up near the castle to watch Celebrate the Magic, Dream Along with Mickey, or Cinderella's Holiday Wish.

I'm sorry you and your kids arrived just as the show was starting, but that doesn't mean I should have to sit on the dirty pavement so you can see.

polynesiangirl

I mentioned this in another thread recently, but I once had to yell at a fellow guest who would not sit down during an attraction despite the CM coming over the loudspeaker to tell him to sit numerous times. The best part was that he was holding a crying baby -- I think he wanted to leave because the kid was crying, but hello, you do not just stand up and try to bolt while you're on an attraction that moves, especially while holding an infant!

I make it a point to basically never engage the crazy people at WDW, because if I did engage every time I saw one I'd never have time to do anything else on vacation, but that time it was like a reflex. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and the next thing I knew I was yelling, "SHE TOLD YOU TO STOP!" without even giving it much thought.

I often wonder how some of those people I see who flip out over losing their "spot" (when of course no one is even taking their spot) for a parade or whatever function in real life, if at all. If a WDW fireworks show causes you to nearly come to blows with another person, you are doing life wrong.

Vader2112

I think a good part of it is not WDW it is the sense of entitlement that many of it's guests beleive they have. Everyone looses sight that it is a vacation desitnation and a-holes go on vacation too!
Another part of this to me is the panic I see in may guests faces that they must do everything or else the whole trip is a failure. I met up with some friends a few weeks ago on there last day at WDW to find out it was the first trip they had made in 10 years and had not done any research or planning for the week they were coming. They had the Magic Bands and did not even know what they were for.
Finally many people have unrealistic or high expectations that every child is going to have a magic moment, be on the best of behavior ,all dreams will come true, wishes granted and problems solved.

Demeter Tess

This happened when I was a kid, but.... My mother and I were waiting in a very crowded line for the MK monorail. Folks were jam-packed into the queue and, as the line started moving, I got stuck quite a ways back from my mother. When we finally made it up to the platform I slipped ahead to catch up to her. We were about five steps away from boarding when this lady (she was at least 40 or 50 years old) gets up in my face and screams, "Excuse me, what is wrong with you people?! I can't even stay with my husband?!" I suppose that I cut around her in my haste to stay with my mom, so I apologized, thinking to myself, "What is wrong with this grown woman that she feels the need to scream at young children who are obviously trying to stay with their parents?" She continued to lecture me in a loud, almost-screaming voice until my mother and I had boarded. Meanwhile, her husband stood meekly at her side.

Some people just cannot handle the crowds.

draybook

Sheesh, I'll admit that I've only been on these boards a few months, but it seems like the past couple of weeks, this particular general discussion thread has gone a bit bonkers.

If this is all to be believed , then "something" is going on with the Magic Kingdom, and now, on top of that, people will try to start something with you there, Epcot is falling apart at the seams, the Food and Wine Festival is packed daily with vomiting drunks, and the Disney Studios has no theme. I haven't read anything about Animal Kingdom yet, but soon I bet we're going to learn that the animals there are all really rude.

I'm the first to admit that I'm no little Mary Sunshine, but if the parks are really as bad as they have been described here lately, then why are we all here on a Disney World fan site, and why do we keep going back to the parks at all.

Anyway, I'll climb off the old soapbox now.

We're here because if we didn't care then we'd just move on to another theme park or vacation destination altogether.

fosse76

Sorry, OP! It's too bad that that woman thinks WDW is only for children -- she's missing out on all the fun a grown-up can have, and being obnoxious in the process! You waited in that line just like everybody else, and you had the right to visit with the characters just like everybody else.

I've never had anyone try to "start something" with me at WDW, unless you count the 50+ guests who proudly hailed from New Jersey, who once simultaneously tried to "start something" with every one of the hundreds of people in line for Big Thunder Mountain by screaming, chanting, cheering and swearing (seriously, they were chanting about how they came from "f&$%ing New Jersey" in front of 2-year-olds) about their state of residence for about 30 minutes straight... :rolleyes: The CMs who'd otherwise have been "manning the line" vanished into thin air. Nobody wants to mess with New Jersey.
Being from New Jersey is nothing to brag about. Too bad there weren't people from New York in that queue to counter-chant: that would've shut them up in a hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom