Has anyone ever had another guest start an issue with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsoxguy

A few months ago, toward the end of the night, we were in line at EPCOT's guest services. A couple of guys walked in and headed directly to the counter, bypassing the line. I said, "hey buddy, I think you missed the line", in a reasonably kind tone. One of them turned around and yelled, "Hey BUDDY, we were in here a minute ago and we're just finishing what we started". I replied, "Oh, sorry, my mind reading skills are a little rusty". He tried to give me a further "look", but I have a way of looking at someone as if to say, "I'm a little more civilized than you", so he backed off. It's one of the only times that I have ever had to deal with someone in such a way at WDW, as I am a fairly mellow guy.

ExtinctJenn

We've experienced a few issues but mostly in the "passive agressive" kind of way vs. the direct "in your face" kind of way. Many along the lines of things already that have been said. Have been screamed at as we passed people entering the T&TC for not being a lemming and actually using both lanes as multiple signs say to (always wonder what would happen if I stopped and got out and walked up to the people who think yelling from their vehicle is a safe way to be an ). When FPs were first implemented I had a few passive aggressive mumbles that I must be special as I walked past the line in the FP queue (because I guess they assumed I was cutting in line). Have, on more than a few occasions, walked past people who have stopped to play a game in the queue and don't move when the rest of the line does and thus received the same passive aggressive mumbles. All of this really has tested my husband who has a rather short fuze (in public places filled with masses of stupidity especially).

We've also been on the other side of the coin as being the people who have said something but in each case, we were the ones "in the right" and the rude responses were from the people attempting to get around the rules as it were. Some examples I can think of are times in places like Country Bears and Philharmagic where the CM is saying over and over to pick a row and move all the way down yet you have people who stop and take a seat in the middle. Sometimes we just walk past them grumbling (admitedly being passive agressive) but a few times we've stopped and politely pointed out what the CM was repeating. Usually the people will stand up and move, obviously ticked off, but often they'll respond with something incredibly rude and refuse to move.

Outside of that, there have been a handful of times where people are just in general being rude and while, for the most part I tend to be the "just let it go" kind of person, there are just times where something has to be said. Times like where a family of people are completely ignoring what their children with them in line are doing and you have to point it out to them (i.e. getting kicked from behind by the kids, getting pushed from behind by the kids, getting bumped into over and over and over by the kids or, my favorite, getting sprayed with those water bottle fans). As a parent I watch my son like a hawk to ensure he's not doing that and I am also not afraid to turn around and ask the child doing it to me to stop. Sadly 90% of the time the parent is so oblivious to the situation that they also don't even notice that a stranger is having a conversation with their kid.

I think the bottom line is whenever you get large amounts of people together who have all spent large amounts of money to be where they are, you are going to run into dumbasses and rude people. It's whether or not you let them get to you and ruin your day that's up to you. :)

G00fyDad

Some examples I can think of are times in places like Country Bears and Philharmagic where the CM is saying over and over to pick a row and move all the way down yet you have people who stop and take a seat in the middle. Sometimes we just walk past them grumbling (admitedly being passive agressive) but a few times we've stopped and politely pointed out what the CM was repeating. Usually the people will stand up and move, obviously ticked off, but often they'll respond with something incredibly rude and refuse to move.

Do what I do in that in that situation. Stand there and loudly proclaim that you cannot get around the person, even if you can. Draw as much attention to them as possible. This embarrasses my wife to no end, but trust me they will move.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Long story short: hubby and I were waiting for Spectromagic on Main Street a large tour group of teens from south of the border were behind us. They were obnoxious leading up the parade. Once the parade started we let some little kids stand in front of us, and as the parade started everyone around us stood up so we did too. Apparently the tour group didn't like that and at the end of the parade they threw soda on top of my husband and I as we were starting to sit back down to wait for Wishes to start. The next to us had been annoyed with them as well and some of the soda went on him and his family, he got a CM but of course the CM couldn't catch them. In the end the CM got hubby and me new shirts to wear and took us and the other family to a special viewing area to watch Wishes. He told us that if we had let them know about the antics of the tour group before they would have taken us to a special viewing area for the parade too. So now I can't listen to or see a Spectromagic picture without thinking about that night.

Jimmy Thick

I think I may have wrote this story before but here goes...

I was waiting in line with my family at RNR or it could have been HM, I really have issues remembering lately, well a young man was with a group and started smoking in queue. A young lady politely asked him to stop and he gave her attitude and dropped the dreaded c word on her. I got in his face, took the cigarette out of his mouth and told him not to smoke in line. I politely stood in his face with my arms folded ready to drop bombs on him that would have made Hiroshima look like a baby fart, and he did absolutely nothing, except wait patiently in line.

Moral of the story, smoking has designated areas, please stick to them, and don't call anyone the c word around me.

Jimmy Thick- And that includes water vapor.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've seen some spirited discussions about paradr/firework viewing...

Parades and fireworks can be brutal. We had a group of 8 this past week at MK and it got interesting a few times. We had a British couple with one kid come up behind us about 15 minutes before the light parade started and they were not happy they couldn't get to the curb, but like I said there were 8 of us so the 4 kids were in front on the curb with 2 rows of 2 adults behind. At 1 point I heard the lady say to the kid "when it starts just push your way up to the front". She realized there were kids on the curb in front of the adults and was pretty angry and made a few more comments, but I find the British accent to be so pleasant and happy sounding it was difficult for me to take her seriously. The dad ended up putting the kid on his shoulders and all was well with the world.

At Mickey's Very Merry (but very wet) Christmas Party and torrential rain storm last Thursday we sorta had a decent spot to see the parade. We were 2 rows back from the curb, but the people in front were all sitting (adults and kids) so we just had to see around 1 group. My oldest was standing on the bench seat of our stroller and I was holding my youngest so he could see. A lady walked up behind us holding her daughter. My wife moved to the side so her kid would have a better view. The woman was very thankful. Towards the end of the parade I shifted position a little and turned to make sure I wasn't blocking her view and realized it was actually a lady that I work with. What are the odds in that mess that I would see someone that I knew. Good thing I didn't tell her to go pound like some people probably would have if someone walked up that late for a parade.

Also, at Wishes that night we were standing in the middle of Main Street in front of the Ice Cream shop. When the show started I commented to my friend that it was really crowded and we were joking around about how hard it was going to be to get out when the show ended. The lady next to us got mad and told us to be quiet. This isn't a Broadway show or golf/tennis, we're talking about loud fireworks with the entire street packed with people. I think she may have been recording a video or something, but still.

I actually witnessed a bizarre encounter on the plane home too. A few rows ahead of me a young couple (late teens, early 20s) were sitting in the window and middle seat. A woman with a kid who looked to be about 6 or 7 came up and said they were in one of her seats. She had the aisle and middle in the row. The guy said that someone was sitting in his girlfriend's seat in the back of the plane so she wasn't going to move but they could have whatever seat was open in the back. At first the lady joked it off and said something like "you are in charge of him for the whole flight then" pointing at her kid. The couple didn't budge. She then threatened to get the flight attendant and still nothing. At this point the whole flight has stopped boarding since they are in row 4 or 5. Finally the flight attendant showed up and made the girl get up. She tried turning on the waterworks and saying she didn't want to have to fly alone. Turned out her seat in the back was empty. Now in my opinion the lady with the kid handled it pretty well. I may have grabbed the guy and his girlfriend by the ear and tossed him from the plane.

mf1972

This happened when I was a kid, but.... My mother and I were waiting in a very crowded line for the MK monorail. Folks were jam-packed into the queue and, as the line started moving, I got stuck quite a ways back from my mother. When we finally made it up to the platform I slipped ahead to catch up to her. We were about five steps away from boarding when this lady (she was at least 40 or 50 years old) gets up in my face and screams, "Excuse me, what is wrong with you people?! I can't even stay with my husband?!" I suppose that I cut around her in my haste to stay with my mom, so I apologized, thinking to myself, "What is wrong with this grown woman that she feels the need to scream at young children who are obviously trying to stay with their parents?" She continued to lecture me in a loud, almost-screaming voice until my mother and I had boarded. Meanwhile, her husband stood meekly at her side.

Some people just cannot handle the crowds.
waiting for the parade on Halloween, some guy was trying to get a spot for him & his daughter when there were no more spots starting arguing with the family next to me. he angrily shoved his way through us knocking me into my wife, who spilled her soda in the family in front of us. I mouthed off to the guy (Disney clean) as well as my wife & the family he was arguing with as 1 of them went after him to come back & apologize. didn't happen.

pirate-wench

Some examples I can think of are times in places like Country Bears and Philharmagic where the CM is saying over and over to pick a row and move all the way down yet you have people who stop and take a seat in the middle. Sometimes we just walk past them grumbling (admitedly being passive agressive) but a few times we've stopped and politely pointed out what the CM was repeating. Usually the people will stand up and move, obviously ticked off, but often they'll respond with something incredibly rude and refuse to move.

Crop dusting comes in handy for times like these.

Jenna

A woman in Downtown Disney who was with her child started mouthing off when I was in the public restroom waiting for my sister to come out of the disabled cubicle. When my sister (who was 12 at the time) walked out the woman started ranting that she was quite clearly not disabled and couldn't believe she and her child had had to wait. My sister empties her bladder by catheter tube and stalls with a sink are beneficial as first she must wet the tube. It amazes me that in this day and age people still don't realise that a disability doesn't have to be visible. On that note, the woman and her child looked as disabled as my sister and I...ie not at all.

SagamoreBeach

I actually witnessed a bizarre encounter on the plane home too. A few rows ahead of me a young couple (late teens, early 20s) were sitting in the window and middle seat. A woman with a kid who looked to be about 6 or 7 came up and said they were in one of her seats. She had the aisle and middle in the row. The guy said that someone was sitting in his girlfriend's seat in the back of the plane so she wasn't going to move but they could have whatever seat was open in the back. At first the lady joked it off and said something like "you are in charge of him for the whole flight then" pointing at her kid. The couple didn't budge. She then threatened to get the flight attendant and still nothing. At this point the whole flight has stopped boarding since they are in row 4 or 5. Finally the flight attendant showed up and made the girl get up. She tried turning on the waterworks and saying she didn't want to have to fly alone. Turned out her seat in the back was empty. Now in my opinion the lady with the kid handled it pretty well. I may have grabbed the guy and his girlfriend by the ear and tossed him from the plane.[/quote]

The last time I went to WDW, I bought two seats on the plane for myself because I didn't want to have to deal with any nonsense. On the flight back home, a woman had a problem with the empty seat near me...apparently, she wanted to move into that seat for some reason. I had my feet up on the other seat and very relaxed. The plane was very full and that empty seat near me really bothered her. Her rant went on for about 15 minutes and I did really well ignoring it. LOL>
-Tony

G00fyDad

The last time I went to WDW, I bought two seats on the plane for myself because I didn't want to have to deal with any nonsense. On the flight back home, a woman had a problem with the empty seat near me...apparently, she wanted to move into that seat for some reason. I had my feet up on the other seat and very relaxed. The plane was very full and that empty seat near me really bothered her. Her rant went on for about 15 minutes and I did really well ignoring it. LOL>
-Tony

If you bought the seat then its tough luck for her. :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
-Tony
No way. You pay for 2 seats you get 2 seats.

It was pretty funny but the seat next to me ended up open on my flight home. They kept saying the flight was completely full so maybe someone either missed the plane or got an earlier flight. I was sitting in the row with my 3 year old and an empty window seat. Across the aisle was a lady with a baby on her lap in the middle seat and a small kid in the window seat plus a business traveler guy in a suit on the aisle. When they closed the door and I knew we had an open seat I asked the man next to me if he was interested in switching seats with my wife who was a few rows up with my other son. He jumped at the opportunity to get away from the lady with the baby and get a window seat with the middle seat open. My son came over to my row and my wife sat in his seat. Everyone was happy. All you need to do is ask nicely and if the person says no let it go. They are doing you a favor and aren't obligated to do anything.

Cesar R M

I can think of are times in places like Country Bears and Philharmagic where the CM is saying over and over to pick a row and move all the way down yet you have people who stop and take a seat in the middle. Sometimes we just walk past them grumbling (admitedly being passive agressive) but a few times we've stopped and politely pointed out what the CM was repeating. Usually the people will stand up and move, obviously ticked off, but often they'll respond with something incredibly rude and refuse to move.

In the defense of some people.. like me (who I am deaf) or other (who dont know English) sometimes the instructions aren't clear.. (some shows do have the instructions very clear , like a bug's and Captain EO;where big letters tell you to go all the way down)
Sometimes the people who shoo you are sometimes very rude and desperate.

To resume...more than once we were "What the hell do we do?".. when entering certain rides or shows.

Uncle Remus

In the defense of some people.. like me (who I am deaf) or other (who dont know English) sometimes the instructions aren't clear.. (some shows do have the instructions very clear , like a bug's and Captain EO;where big letters tell you to go all the way down)
Sometimes the people who shoo you are sometimes very rude and desperate.

To resume...more than once we were "What the hell do we do?".. when entering certain rides or shows.

To me the best policy is to just walk past them and move all the way down and grab a seat. It isn't worth the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom