Has anyone ever had another guest start an issue with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
This is something I've been meaning to mention for ages, but when my Ex and I went in 2011, we had a horrible run in with other guests.

We went to see Rapunzel. She was in the Fairytale Garden and meeting with Flynn Rider, so we waited the half hour to see her. When we finally get to see them, she spent a large chunk of time leafing through my sketchbook and Flynn and my Ex were smoldering at us. It was very nice to be able to spend a few minutes interacting with them. When we exited,The lady two people behind us gestured to me to come over so I did so. We stepped aside and she then began to insult me and tell me it was unfair that we adults took up so much of the character's time when there were kids waiting. To our credit, the characters were in complete control and no CM was hurrying us through, so we had fun with them. This lady was horribly rude to us and I couldn't believe it. All the kids had plenty of time with them and so I was baffled. I'm not allowed to have fun and be in awe of my favorite princess?

I just couldn't believe her audacity. She complained to the CMs as well and they just sort of looked confused as to why she was making such a fuss. Her kids had time with Rapunzel and Flynn, and true, we were the only 2 people without kids, but it's Disney World. If I want to wait to see a Princess, I'm going to. I never got to go as a child, so this is my childhood now.

Anyone else have this kind of problem? What do you do about it?

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Some people just have no sense. Sorry that lady was rude to you. I, as a sometimes solo traveler, am not going to forego a meeting with a character just cuz I have no kids in tow. She was outta line!

The incident I remember was entering the parking lot of Animal Kingdom. There are 2 lanes. Instead of being a sheep and following everyone else, I jumped over to the almost empty left lane and surged ahead. Some lady started yelling at me. It's not my fault she doesn't know how to drive. I felt a little better when a gentlemen walked up and confessed that he and a bunch of other cars jumped out behind me too and that I did nothing wrong.

Vader2112

Yes someone was upset that the group I was with was bypassing the line and shot there mouth off saying why are they so privillaged. I let him go so people would purposely look over. I waited for my group to get on the ride and then informed this a-hole that we were all with somone who had there wish granted by Make A Wish. This person then had the audacity to say he did not understand why 5 people needed to ride with the child. I advised this person that this was part of her wish as well as her family. I gave him a word of advice to keep his mouth shut unless he knows what is going on and Have a Magical Day.

Weather_Lady

Sorry, OP! It's too bad that that woman thinks WDW is only for children -- she's missing out on all the fun a grown-up can have, and being obnoxious in the process! You waited in that line just like everybody else, and you had the right to visit with the characters just like everybody else.

I've never had anyone try to "start something" with me at WDW, unless you count the 50+ guests who proudly hailed from New Jersey, who once simultaneously tried to "start something" with every one of the hundreds of people in line for Big Thunder Mountain by screaming, chanting, cheering and swearing (seriously, they were chanting about how they came from "f&$%ing New Jersey" in front of 2-year-olds) about their state of residence for about 30 minutes straight... :rolleyes: The CMs who'd otherwise have been "manning the line" vanished into thin air. Nobody wants to mess with New Jersey.

EOD K9

The wife and I were visiting MV3D during a really slow day. The preshow area was pretty sparse and the CM said that because of that, pick any row and sit wherever you want. So, we move three quarters down the row(but still towards the middle) and sat. A couple with two children starts telling me how rude we were for stopping in the middle and not listening to the CMs. If he was on time, he would of heard the announcement. I just nodded my head and said that I would make a note for next time.

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
It really just took me by surprise that someone would react that way. If the CMs had been pushing us through that'd be one thing, but everyone was so relaxed and just let Rapunzel and Flynn do their thing. Everyone got to see them, so I was baffled.

I only hope she didn't ruin anyone else's day.

Pixie VaVoom

Yes - I actually had a really awful experience at DL. When i was 47, i was traveling alone -So I used the single rider line a lot. I had a paper singles ticket and was in line for "Haunted Mansion" - but I don't think the ticket was for "Mansion" ... anyway...I was in the middle of a bunch of 3 or 4 families with loud kids, swinging on the chains, pushing, playing tag in line etc. i was rounding one of the corners in a thigh high chain and post queue line and the admitting CM at the door spotted my 'single rider'' ticket, gestured to me "one" (like am I just 1 single rider??), so I nodded, "yes", and he beckoned me over to come up to the door, ahead of the families. I tried to step over the chain and somebody's little brat jerked the slack out of the chain and it hit me in the thigh, caught my shorts, and tripped me. I crashed down, and smacked my forehead on one of the metal posts and scraped my knee, and hand on the sidewalk.

As couple of the CM's helped me up and took me off to a first aid station... I heard a snarky boy's voice behind me..."I sure stopped HER!!" I swear if the CM's hadn't taken me to ice my head, i would have had that little "s#!t" up on report!! I still get mad thinking about it !!!

AndyS2992

Three times, all in 2011 at Magic Kingdom, it was just before Wishes was about to start and we were stood somewhere where we weren't supposed to be for some reason so a CM directed us over to a gap in the crowd so we squeezed in there and as soon as the fireworks started a irate women behind tapped me hard on the shoulder and told us to shove off as her two teenage daughters could not see so we offered for them to stand in front of us and she tutted and said we had to leave and so were like ok? but we couldn't move due to the crowd and so we apologized and had to watch Wishes with the woman making stupid noises and comments throughout. Pathetic behavior.

Second one was we were in line for the Haunted Mansion and were forced down the interactive queue route which we never did, anyway the line was moving but a woman and her son were busy messing around with one of the interactive things holding everyone up, so tired of waiting with a large growing gap, my brother just walked past them but the woman quickly turned and grabbed his arm and was like 'Don't F'ing queue jump in front of us' :confused: If she is going to mess around with the stuff instead of moving with the line like everyone else then expect to lose your place.

Oh and a third time at Magic Kingdom by Splash Mountain a woman ran my mum down with a stroller and shouted at my mum for being stupid and getting in the way when the woman herself was on her phone stuffing a turkey leg in her fat mouth and not looking where she was going.

Last edited:

Pixie VaVoom

Twice both in 2011 at Magic Kingdom, it was just before Wishes was about to start and we were stood somewhere where we weren't supposed to be for some reason so a CM directed us over to a gap in the crowd so we squeezed in there and as soon as the fireworks started a irate women behind tapped me hard on the shoulder and told us to shove off as her two teenage daughters could not see so we offered for them to stand in front of us and she tutted and said we had to leave and so were like ok? but we couldn't move due to the crowd and so we apologized and had to watch Wishes with the woman making stupid noises and comments throughout. Pathetic behavior.

Second one was we were in line for the Haunted Mansion and were forced down the interactive queue route which we never did, anyway the line was moving but a woman and her son were busy messing around with one of the interactive things holding everyone up, so tired of waiting with a large growing, my brother just walked past them but the woman quickly turned and grabbed his arm and was like 'Don't F'ing queue jump in front of us' :confused: If she is going to mess around with the stuff instead of moving with the line like everyone else then expect to lose your place.

Yeah - that is why I think that is a REALLY STUPID innovation to the line queues. The games addition is just BEGGING to make that sort of confrontation happen. Did NO ONE think of this before they spent oodles of $$$ to add that to the queues??? I don't know WHY they did not make it some sort of APP that you can link in to on your OWN device. Almost everybody has them these days.

Last edited:

Nemo14

Once when we were in the room where the band talks to you at RnRC, the CM told everyone several times to move all the way down, but the people in front of us insisted on stopping right in front of the window. So we went around them and moved all the way down. Then when the door opened to go into the boarding area, we were way ahead of them so one of the guys started screaming at my husband. We actually got on the car before theirs, so he continued to yell at us as our car took off.

Britt

Three times, all in 2011 at Magic Kingdom, it was just before Wishes was about to start and we were stood somewhere where we weren't supposed to be for some reason so a CM directed us over to a gap in the crowd so we squeezed in there and as soon as the fireworks started a irate women behind tapped me hard on the shoulder and told us to shove off as her two teenage daughters could not see so we offered for them to stand in front of us and she tutted and said we had to leave and so were like ok? but we couldn't move due to the crowd and so we apologized and had to watch Wishes with the woman making stupid noises and comments throughout. Pathetic behavior.

Second one was we were in line for the Haunted Mansion and were forced down the interactive queue route which we never did, anyway the line was moving but a woman and her son were busy messing around with one of the interactive things holding everyone up, so tired of waiting with a large growing, my brother just walked past them but the woman quickly turned and grabbed his arm and was like 'Don't F'ing queue jump in front of us' :confused: If she is going to mess around with the stuff instead of moving with the line like everyone else then expect to lose your place.

Oh and a third time at Magic Kingdom by Splash Mountain a woman ran my mum down with a stroller and shouted at my mum for being stupid and getting in the way when the woman herself was on her phone stuffing a turkey leg in her fat mouth and not looking where she was going.

This is my BIGGEST issue with interactive queues...at least move when the line moves people!!!

Lucky

Since I started touring the parks with this guy no one's given me a bit of trouble.

rock.jpg

BrittanyRose428

My only issues have really been with parades and fireworks viewing. One the day after Christmas in 2011 I basically laid down on the curb to save spots to watch the parade. We were sitting there across the street from Casey's waiting for the parade, though we still had a long time to go, and the 3 other people I was with ran into Caseys to grab lunch while I guarded our spot on the curb. We put sweatshirts down where they were sitting, thinking that would alert people to not take the seats. Funny thing is, no one did try to take the seats, but rather they stepped on the sweatshirts! I just thought this was so rude, they saw me sitting there with 3 sweatshirts, and literally stepped onto the sweatshirts to get off the sidewalk, when they could have gone over them or just walked down like 5 more ft to an open space. At first I would say things like, "Excuse me, can you please not step on my belongings?" But that did absolutely nothing. So I ended up laying down on my side on the curb because I figured that people wouldn't step on a person. They didn't step on me, but then a family came over and asked if their kids could sit next to me. I said "Sorry, but my family is sitting here." When my family came back like 2 minutes later, I overheard the woman saying to her husband(?) that it wasn't fair that they had to go behind my family of all adults when they had little kids. It was myself, 19 at the time, my 17 year old cousin, and our grandparents... I don't understand what us not being children had to do with anything, but the whole situation was weird and rude.

JohnD

This is my BIGGEST issue with interactive queues...at least move when the line moves people!!!

When first built, going down the interactive queue was optional. Anyone going down that line knew they were taking as much time as they wanted and anyone behind knew that others may be slowing down. If you didn't want to do the interactive queue, you didn't have to. With making "standbys" now go down the interactive queue, anyone stopping to enjoy these features just holds up the line. I wouldn't blame guests so much as Disney making the decision to put standbys in the interative queue.

Britt

When first built, going down the interactive queue was optional. Anyone going down that line knew they were taking as much time as they wanted and anyone behind knew that others may be slowing down. If you didn't want to do the interactive queue, you didn't have to. With making "standbys" now go down the interactive queue, anyone stopping to enjoy these features just holds up the line. I wouldn't blame guests so much as Disney making the decision to put standbys in the interative queue.
I totally get that, but if you're going to stand there messing around with the queue...don't get upset when people pass you. Mess with it while standing and waiting, but if that line moves...don't just hold everything up....move along to the next item in the queue!

Disney_Belle

In May 2012 I was on a solo trip and met up with a friend of mine while in WDW. We headed in to Haunted Mansion. As we were walking in to area to load in to the Doom Buggies, the CMs were shouting "Please fill in all available space. Left side, right side, if you see space, fill it!" So along the left wall was a huge open gap (everyone was lining up behind one another and it was backing up into the stretching room). So my friend and I, along with quite a few others, walked along the wall to fill in the space. Another guest (who was standing in the line that the CMs were so desperately trying to dissolve) looked at us and said, "Um, what do you think you're doing? You better not think you're cutting us." I told her we wouldn't cut her, but we were told to fill in the space. We got an eye roll and she side stepped in front of us so we didn't cut her.

JohnD

I totally get that, but if you're going to stand there messing around with the queue...don't get upset when people pass you. Mess with it while standing and waiting, but if that line moves...don't just hold everything up....move along to the next item in the queue!

I agree. I think we're both saying the same thing. But what's the point of going through an interactive queue if you can't stop to enjoy the features? If that is what you want to do, fine, but let others pass. Still, Disney forcing standbys to all go through the interactive queue forces conflict as someone else pointed out. What if you want to experience the features (or let your children explore them) but at the same time, you have people behind you who want you to get a move on. The best you can do in this situation is make room for others to pass. It's not like you're going to miss out on the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom