Has anyone ever brought a pet?

yazmin182

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a silly question but I thought I would ask anyway. My b/f are planning to to WDW later this year hopefully and we recently got a dog. I know that the parks have Kennels and such but is there really any point to bring a pet? I know they can't stay in the room with you. Can they go anywhere on property?

It sounds like a hassle but I would still like to know some more information if anyone has any.

Thanks a lot

Yaz

NadieMasK2

We have our little World traveler in my avatar who went with us last time. He stayed at MK and EPCOT kennels. It saved us money because he was only kenneled while we were at WDW and not during our travel time while driving to FL.

We loved having Chip with us, however it did interrupt our park time because you are required to walk him during the day (they no longer have a dog walking service for a fee). They are very nice kennels, roomy, and we knew he was in good hands. The CM's, especially at MK, were absolutely fantastic!

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Hello,

I know that the parks have Kennels and such but is there really any point to bring a pet? I know they can't stay in the room with you. Can they go anywhere on property?

It sounds like a hassle but I would still like to know some more information if anyone has any.

Thanks a lot

Yaz

I really think you answered your own question. There is NOTHING for animals to do but sit in a kennel all day, waiting for your twice daily walks. They are not allowed in the parks or restaurants, Downtown Disney, etc.

Seriously, if you have someone at home who can dog-sit, (Is there a doggie Grandma??) the dog is better off at home.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I really think you answered your own question....Seriously, if you have someone at home who can dog-sit, (Is there a doggie Grandma??) the dog is better off at home.

And I think you just answered her question of whether there is a point to bringing a pet. Many of us are fortunate enough to have someone back home who can take care of our pets while we are away. But the point of bringing the pet with you is probably primarily for those who don't have anyone to look after their pet. So rather than cancel the trip for lack of a dog-sitter, you bring fido with you and put him in a kennel. However, there would probably be a kennel much closer to home that would quite possibly be much cheaper. Even if not much cheaper, it would still save the hassle of having to bring fido on the road trip, having to make room for him in the van, and stop to let him potty every so often.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

Original Poster
Thanks guys for your comments.

I was just really curious as to what pets can actually do over there. (And as i suspected, pretty much nothing!)

I will def. leave my little dog here while i'm away even tho I'll miss the little guy!

Upvote 0

figment1985

Yeah, I have a papillon (named Mickey, hehe) and I would never bring him to WDW, he'd be miserable in a kennel. I dont think its wrong- just depends on your dog..

It's very hard for us when we leave him at home, even with my parents... he is like our kid and is pretty much our only ray of sunshine back home. I always worry so much when we leave him. :(

Upvote 0

palmage

We brought our Sheep Dog once..............
Never again, she is much better off at a kennel at home.
And it was a pain for us, having to walk her 3 times a day.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a silly question but I thought I would ask anyway. My b/f are planning to to WDW later this year hopefully and we recently got a dog. I know that the parks have Kennels and such but is there really any point to bring a pet? I know they can't stay in the room with you. Can they go anywhere on property?

Thanks a lot

Yaz

I brought a puppy for my Grandmother whom we drove all night to NY to give to her. We drove to WDW from our house and first started my dropping her in the MK/TTC Kennel. The people in there were so nice! They loved her, they were petting her when we were doing records/payment/etc. We went to the MVMCP and walked her twice during the party. The last time we walked her a lady gave us a Lady & The Tramp food bowl, it came with a Dream Certificate and I wasn't expecting it. The puppy stayed that night at the kennel then took her to MGM Kennel. Comparing the two, MGM, it is very VERY clean! They give the puppies and doggies and kitties little treats and you must walk them at least once, which wasn't that much of a problem.

Upvote 0

DisneyFan4LlFE

:sohappy: I bring my baby boy Mickey with me :) but we stay extra either 12-14 nights and get a 10 day pass so he isn't alone all day in the condo. We are RCI members and the timeshare allows dogs! He had a blast last August and didn't want to go home lol We drive as well and found pet friendlyhotels to stay over at as it takes 18-20 hours from NY. I didn't put him in the kennel as he's alone alot at home :( being a grad student and all. He loved sleeping with mommy and his walks ect.. I would NEVER EVER EVER leave my baby boy home!!! EVER! lol he's such a mommies boy that he wouldn't survive without me honestly I wouldn't survive without him lol. My whole trip would be worrying about him. THis isn't fun as WDW doesn't allow dogs at their resorts which sucks but Unverisal does and alot of hotels around the area! But you miss out on the deals like fee dinning and extra magic hours along with free parking but having him with me makes up for it!!! and so does the extra days we get to spend :)

Upvote 0

ThumperDude

To bad Disney doesn't have dog walkers anymore. That would be my Disney Dream Job. I wonder if I applied for the position, they'd start it back up and hire me? :sohappy:

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

:sohappy: I bring my baby boy Mickey with me :) but we stay extra either 12-14 nights and get a 10 day pass so he isn't alone all day in the condo. We are RCI members and the timeshare allows dogs! He had a blast last August and didn't want to go home lol We drive as well and found pet friendlyhotels to stay over at as it takes 18-20 hours from NY. I didn't put him in the kennel as he's alone alot at home :( being a grad student and all. He loved sleeping with mommy and his walks ect.. I would NEVER EVER EVER leave my baby boy home!!! EVER! lol he's such a mommies boy that he wouldn't survive without me honestly I wouldn't survive without him lol. My whole trip would be worrying about him. THis isn't fun as WDW doesn't allow dogs at their resorts which sucks but Unverisal does and alot of hotels around the area! But you miss out on the deals like fee dinning and extra magic hours along with free parking but having him with me makes up for it!!! and so does the extra days we get to spend :)

We are RCI members too and have done the same thing, we stay at Celebration World Resort on Old Wilson Rd, they allow pets and it's an awesome resort! Only thing I would caution anyone about is check your dog for ticks! After taking Chip on a walk around the lake at this resort, we came back to the room and he was covered, probably about 15 ticks! It was December, I didn't think about it because we don't have ticks in Indiana in December.

Upvote 0

DisneyFan4LlFE

We are RCI members too and have done the same thing, we stay at Celebration World Resort on Old Wilson Rd, they allow pets and it's an awesome resort! Only thing I would caution anyone about is check your dog for ticks! After taking Chip on a walk around the lake at this resort, we came back to the room and he was covered, probably about 15 ticks! It was December, I didn't think about it because we don't have ticks in Indiana in December.

yes thats were we stay :) did they upgrade it at all?? I went in August last year and they were still donig construction and there was no "view" to look at when you sat on the porch and thanks for the heads up on the ticks!!

Upvote 0

Lucky

There are hotels in Orlando that take pets, e.g. Days Inn and one of the several Country Inn and Suites in the city. So your pet can stay with you at night, and you can visit it during the day at the WDW kennels. But I would never do this if I were spending more than a couple of days in Orlando. To get the full WDW experience, stay on site for a week, and leave Fido at home with Grandma.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom