Has anyone ever been walking and noticed characters....

2excitedkids

feb. 2007 was my kids and hubbys first trip, we were at ak and just happened to see flik hiding, i walked right past him but thankfully hubby spotted him. we spent about 15 minutes with flik, he was too funny, i was trying to fit my big butt into one of the pics and told my hubby don't get my big butt in the pic and then flik started pointed to his stating that his was bigger. i think i had more fun with flik than my kids did! we were at epcot at the character connection, there was no line hardly at all, this was the first time that we had met minnie, she was tickling and kisses both of my kids. that is all my 6 year old boy talks about is minnie kissing him!

cooleo

We got a pic of my son with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald & Pluto all together one morning in EPCOT. We were heading to Alfredo's for an early lunch & they were just coming out from backstage near Italy. It was 10:30 am and ther was no one around. We had them all to ourselves (about 15 minutes) till we moved on to the restaurant. My son cherishes this picture immensely. Got it enlarged to 11 x 14 and put it over his bed. I will try to get it in my photoalbum.

DisneyNut7578

We were in the back of England one time and Mary Poppins came strolling through, looked around, walked right up next to us, said "Hello and waved, and walked into one of the stores.

A few minutes later, Pooh and Tigger walked out the same day and were waving and doing the little giggle thing they do and walked through a gate. It was so cool!!!

mickeysgal

On our last trip, during the Magical Beginnings promo, we attended the Fantasyland extra magic hour. It was wonderful to get on the rides (with minimal waits), and most importantly, see the characters.

We got to ride the carousel with Mary "Toppins" as my daughter called her. We also got our picture with Wendy. It was fun to see the characters interacting with the kids, rather than just stand there with a line.

Later that day, we were on the train, and as we came into toon town, I saw Jasmine coming out of a door behind the Hall of Fame. The woman helping Jasmine, went back into the building, and we trotted over to her (she was very hidden from the guests in the parks). My daughter was so nervous that she kept poking her head around the building at Jasmine. When Jasmine saw her, she motioned her over. They had a lovely chat, and made that spot their special place. Boy, these guys never break character!

By the time we were done, word had gotten out and a long line had formed. I'm glad we got that chance to interact..it really made the trip, and my daughter can't stop talking about her "visit" with a princess!

stitchtastic

tigger bounced me!

In Feb 1999 we were on the paddle steamer in MK(?empress lilly), I was looking at the scenery when Tigger snuck up and bounced me. The boat had very few visitors on it and also Eeyore and piglet were there but no Pooh. We still talk about when I was bounced by Tigger:D .

tracyandalex

A few weeks ago, we were in Epcot browsing in the toy store in the UK Pavillion. I was in the back looking at the books and literally walked right into Alice. We chatted for a few minutes, then everyone else noticed her. Of course, Alex was no where to be found with the camera so I didn't get a pic, but it's still an awsome memory.

tracy

maharet97a

We've yet to have any great experiences like this at WDW, but at Disneyland, Captain Jack and cronies tend to wander freely around New Orleans Square. And one day at DCA, while waiting for my DH and a friend who were on Grizzly River Rapids, my girls and I were visited by Chip and Dale. We were sitting on a bench off to the side of the ride (near a backstage door apparently) and before they went through the door, they noticed my girls sitting in the stroller and came over to visit with them for a bit. :D

dzne4eva

I was waiting for Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial when he and a fellow pirate flounced across the Adventureland plaza. He stopped right in front of me and said "You have a cake on your head love" and kept on walking. It was my birthday and I had the Disney birthday hat on. It made my day, he was a beautiful man!:kiss:

BMinNY

I was with my wife, my 21-year old sister, and her husband (I only note the age of my sister because I want you to understand this is not a "child", at least not in body anyways). We were shopping around the UK in EPCOT, when we stumbled upon Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet (and handlers) all standing alone in the courtyard in the back of the UK. My sister freaked because she forgot her camera. She made a mad dash toward the nearest store, stopped halfway, turned around, ran back and yelled to the characters..."don't leave, I'll be right back". She turned again and ran to the nearest store, bought a disposable camera and ran back. Still, no other guest saw these characters hanging out. We went and had the best time hanging out with the characters, and got the best group shots ever that night. But later my sister realized that perhaps she may have overreacted and that the "characters" probably thought she was crazy. I thought it was cute.

DisneyChik17

Ah, you look just fine....in fact you look very happy in that picture!
Thank you. I was pretty happy, Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies. :)

Is that you? I like that bag! Did you get it recently?
(and no, you don't look bad :wave:)

Yep, that's me. Thank you! And thanks for the comment on that bag. We have had it for YEARS. I have a hat that matches it and it is my favorite hat. I have yet to see another bag or hat like it.

rosie.ca

i always wanted to get my pic taken with mary poppins or snow white but i am way too shy to ask when i see them by themselves ,plus i never want to take some kid's place in line or something when they get a crowd

pcf1385

I've had my share of these experiences but two pop out as the most memorable. One morning across from pirates my boyfriend and I were going to get on and ride, but we saw peter pan and Wendy. There weren't really any people around, so We got alot of time with them. Wendy asked me about my clothing and about my bag, and peter pan talked to me forever about how my boyfriend looked like a pirate and I should be scared. It was too fun. Another experience was with a cast member, so maybe it doesn't count, but during emh my bf and I went on the haunted mansion and as the lights went out I reached for his hand so that I could pull him close to the entrance door for the actual ride, but he wouldn't give it to me, just his arm. When the lights came on it was an hm cast member looking me dead in the face, expressionless, and it scared the crap out of me! Everyone had a good laugh and it's still one of the funniest moments I've had at disney.

CatLady

Chip and Dale were just inside the International Gateway today, and everyone seemed focused on Dale. Chip had no one to talk to, and was actually stalking up behind a woman pushing a stroller when he was distracted. That poor woman would have been quite startled if she had glanced behind her and realized she was being chased by a wayward chipmunk!

Craig & Lisa

Rude CMs. We had to escape AK and get to Epcot with the happy people. Apparently, it worked. The day got alot better and FAST.
The one thing that I found that makes it better is to ask for a supervisor, tell them what happened and sometimes they give you a small perk. That happened this past Nov. when we had a problem with a CM behind the counter at a Main Street counter service. The thing was she was ticking off her fellow CM's as well. When I asked for the supervisor she took care of us and got what my sister-in-law wanted, and I felt so much better.

my dad and i were walking around fronteirland/liberty sqaure during mvmcp and the tall cournty bear chased us around and follwed us all the way to main street with a tray of cookies.:ROFLOL: Even though we already had 3 cookies each. when we went back to find our family he got a few more bears to chase us as well. It was funny cause there were wuite a few people around but he wanted us.

MacDuffieMuppet, you make it sound like the Country Bear was an aggressive Girl Scout...
Country Bear: "EAT THESE COOKIES...OR ELSE!!!!"
You and your dad: "No thanks."
Country Bear: ::turns to his posse:: "GET THEM!!!!"
::Bears force cookies down your throat and/or throw the cookies at you as you and family members run away::

Sorry for being slightly off topic, but I think this has been the best post so far.

haveyoumetmark

It wasn't really an encounter but my mother and I were in Adventureland. We were sitting under this gazeebo/patio looking area adjacent to Aloha Isle eating ice creams. Suddenly, Mickey and Minnie skipped by holding hands. We were pretty stunned, but no one was really there. It was practically dead and immediately post 9/11. That was a few months after I had renewed my AP, it's really nice living near WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom