Has anyone ever been walking and noticed characters....

MeTa

Original Poster
I have asked this before but last time I was in both Disney-Land & World I have been walking and seen Capt. Jack walking around ever so quickly by himself and he has said his key lines to directly to me and other park go-ers. Just wondering if the sugar has gone to my head or it has happened before.

Kadee

I have asked this before but last time I was in both Disney-Land & World I have been walking and seen Capt. Jack walking around ever so quickly by himself and he has said his key lines to directly to me and other park go-ers. Just wondering if the sugar has gone to my head or it has happened before.
On one trip, we were walking around the castle somewhere and saw Snow White just standing there out of the way by herself. We asked if she would pose for picture with my daughter and she did. I found it odd that a princess would be out by herself. No one was around, so maybe she was waiting on someone.
Here's the pic..... sorry about the bad quality. It was scanned in from a hard copy photo.

99_005.jpg

Jerm

During the off season it is very normal to see a face character just walking on their own. That is the best time when you can have fun with them just you and them. Here in Disneyland it is very normal to run into Alice and the Mad Hatter just playing around.

J

MeTa

Original Poster
Glad to see I am not crazy. The best part about seeing Capt. Jack was it was right after wishes in both parks. He walked right by and looked at us and said "G'Day Mate" with that voice and me and my wife looked at eachother and then thought we were nuts.

TTFN-Tiggger

At Epcot I was in a gift shop in the UK and Mary Poppins walked up to me and starting chatting with me. It is always fun to see characters like that or in hidden places that are not on the park maps as a character greeting area. You can spend more time with them having fun. :)

Kadee

At Epcot I was in a gift shop in the UK and Mary Poppins walked up to me and starting chatting with me. It is always fun to see characters like that or in hidden places that are not on the park maps as a character greeting area. You can spend more time with them having fun. :)

OH! That happened to us too!!! And of course, I have the picture!
Epcot_WS_UK_Mary_Poppins.jpg

RiversideBunny

There's an area near the Pooh ride and the Teacups where the characters emerge into the park. Frequently you will see them before they get surrounded by people.

Some ex-cast member on here may be able to list where the entrance spots for the characters are.

:)

autigger

When we went during "little ones travel time" last September and visited Magic Kingdom during the little ones special magic hour, we saw many characters just walking around The highlights included the following:

1) Goofy rode the carousel right nest to my son;
2) Snow White gave my son a big red lipstick kiss on the forehead; and
3) My daughter got to see Mickey Mouse just playing around like anyone else.

It really was a great time.

phichi17

A couple of years ago, the wife and I were in Epcot for EMH. We were at M:S when Goofy and Mickey came out of the cast only door by the entrance. We had them all to ourselves for at least 10 mins! WE got to "play" with them and have several pics taken....unfortunately I don't have access to them anymore due to a computer dying on us, but it was a really cool experience having them all to ourselves!

JaclynR

This happened to us in December, close to closing time at Adventureland. We were walking and saw Aladdin totally in character d__________g around the market place. No one else seemed to notice him. I told my son to go say hi and Aladdin said "Oh you scared me, I thought you were Jafar!". It's something that puts a big smile on my face whenever I remember it. :)

MacDuffieMuppet

Country bear time

my dad and i were walking around fronteirland/liberty sqaure during mvmcp and the tall cournty bear chased us around and follwed us all the way to main street with a tray of cookies.:ROFLOL: Even though we already had 3 cookies each. when we went back to find our family he got a few more bears to chase us as well. It was funny cause there were wuite a few people around but he wanted us.

tnchefbear

I have been in MK first thing in the morning and have had the chance to see several of the characters just playing in the park.. I got a great pic of chip and dale on the boardwalk next to the Rivers of America, and I got a picture of Mickey and Minnie together on the bridge over Splash Mountain... I have several pics but they are all hard copy pics and no scanner...

KentB3

This reminds me of an incident from my 1st WDW trip. One early morning when I was in Town Square, Peter Pan came from out of nowhere, turned to me, and said "Hello there!" This was very surprising, since normally guests have to wait in line to meet with characters. Here is a pic:

IMG_0213.jpg

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
This reminds me of an incident from my 1st WDW trip. One early morning when I was in Town Square, Peter Pan came from out of nowhere, turned to me, and said "Hello there!" This was very surprising, since normally guests have to wait in line to meet with characters. Here is a pic:

IMG_0213.jpg

Wow - great pic! What an awesome experience on your first trip. :D

Needless to say, you went back, right??

PrincessK

During my 2005 trip, my mother and I were just walking out of the bathroom in the pathway that connects Adventureland to Frontierland. We were walking out by Country Bears when I felt someone pull on my purse. I turned around quickly to see what was up and a Country Bear tried to pull my bag off my shoulder. He was giving hugs and trying to play around with Mom and I when his handler began yelling that he was being a bad bear and needed to hurry up. If I had enough time, I would have snapped a pic, but it was so much fun to be accosted by a bear!

In Disneyland it is far more common to see face characters, and even non-face characters just fooling around. Balloo the Bear snuck up on me and almost tackled my husband and I one day. The Mad Hatter grabbed me for a picture and then yelled at someone (in character) who walked into our shot. Mary Poppins asked me if I could say "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" (sp) backwards. I could.

Good times! :p

dixiegirl

When we went during "little ones travel time" last September and visited Magic Kingdom during the little ones special magic hour, we saw many characters just walking around The highlights included the following:

1) Goofy rode the carousel right nest to my son;
2) Snow White gave my son a big red lipstick kiss on the forehead; and
3) My daughter got to see Mickey Mouse just playing around like anyone else.

It really was a great time.

We had also gone last September when they had the magical beginings morning...oh so much fun , our girls got to play with wendy and peter pan, they also got to play ball with daisy, minnie, pluto and mickey.....so very magical..I'm glad to see their doing it again this year as well!!!

WDWGuide

On Christmas Day 2001, my daughter, then three years old, got a private tour of the Toontown Hall of Fame from Cinderella. She's also ridden the Pooh ride with Tigger a couple of times.
Of course, back then I was in the parks almost every weekend for research purposes and knew exactly how to make things like this happen. I don't think I'd still be able to add encounters like these to my touring plans any more ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom