Has anyone been picked to be in the Backlot Tours show?

hls1023

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone on this site has ever been picked to be in the Backlot Tours show? Me and a friend got picked about 5 years ago and it was alot of fun. I got to pretend that I was on a ship in the middle of a storm and my friend had to pretend that he was dodging torpedos or something in the water. I almost told the CMs that I didn't want to do it but I was never gonna see any of the people that were there EVER again so I thought what the heck...I wish we would have known at least one person in the audience so that they could have took pictures. I have been to MGM a few times since and this ride always seems to be closed.

samsong

I was picked along with some friends in October last year. I was nervous at first, but loved every second of it.

It's themed with the Pearl Harbour movie, and my friend took a good soaking in the engine room. I was a deck hand cleaning the ship! Definately added a little magic to my day!

I'm hoping to get picked again when I bring my mum and dad for the first time this September!!

ibadrumhead

Account Suspended

what is the best way to have a better chance of being picked to do this. my step dad is a nut and id love for me my bro and my step dad to get to do this together. is there a sweet spot in the line or what?

hls1023

Original Poster
Honestly, when we walked up to the Backlot Tours it was EMPTY and we were talking about how awesome it was that there was no line. Well, all of the sudden 2 CMs kinda came out of this little side door and asked if we would like to participate in something but wouldn't tell us what it was until we said yes. I'm not sure that there is any way that you could set it up. I think it's more of being in the right place at the right time.

Grim Grinner

Back when MGM opened up, my dad was told to put on an awkward yellow raincoat and was matted into the rocking boat scene.

Years later, my wife and two friends were picked for the show (we were walking in late) and put into the Pearl Harbor sequence.

Also, I was matted into that episode of Home Improvement in 2000.

I get picked for something in almost every trip now!

kellydisney

We were picked on our trip last year in August. It was so much fun!

I was the ship captain and he got the huge bucket dumped all over him :lol: :kiss: I couldn't hear a thing in that rubber hood so I must have looked like a dork not knowing when to duck or pick up the phone etc. Oh well!

Here's a horribly awful picture of us in those wet suits (which smell TERRIBLE!)

47b4d611b3127cce99e0be3f5f7a00000025138IZtmzJs4bI

Rototom

My wife, 2 brothers and me were the entire show. Was a lot of fun.

I wish they would give you a comp tape of it. It of course was the one day we didn't bring the video camera.

As for getting in, I think go up into the line when it is empty, right after the last line went in. I think we were picked cause we were just waiting there alone!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Grim Grinner said:
Back when MGM opened up, my dad was told to put on an awkward yellow raincoat and was matted into the rocking boat scene.

Mine was picked for Captain Duck (Torpedo scene) in 1990, and I got it all on video :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was selected along with my daughters karate instructor on Memorial Day 2004. He got to be the captain of the ship and I was the guy that gets a couple of thousand gallons of water dumped on to him in the engine room. It was a blast. I highly recommend it to anyone that gets the chance to do it.

Steve-B

My oldest daughter and I got "picked" to be in the "water show" this past June. We, along with my youngest daughter, happened to be standing pretty close to the front of the line (which was very full), when a CM stepped out of the door just before the entrance to the show area and asked if anyone wanted to be in the show. I tried to raise my youngest's hand. The CM pointed at me and said, "You'll do." My daughter and I got to be deckhands on the PT boat. It was the highlight of the day for us, since the "Lights, Motor, Action" show got rained out. My other daughter got a good laugh.

Vernonpush

I was in the show last summer. I was there with my friend from town (Orlando) we were at the head of the line waiting. They spotted my lavender dyed beard and asked if we would like to be in the show. Of course! :hammer: I was in the "control room" dump tank. What a hoot.

goofyfan13

My two friends from school and I got picked in April. I was the captain and they were the shipmates(I guess thats what you could call them). We had a blast, it was probobly some of the most fun I have had in a while. :lol:

col

i wish i was picked but evertime i go they only pick men/boys. but even though i always know whats going to happen i always cheer them on and give a big clap. there faces are always funny.

NIU EE

ive been picked twice because of the hats I wear both times. My parents were with me once and my gf was with me the other time so ive been the mechanic and the deck crew.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
my situation couldnt have been better planned...... it was my wifes (girlfriend at the time) first visit to the property (2000) and we were picked. i was the boat captain and she was in the sub port.

what a way to experience the backlot tour for the first time.

A "Ghost" Host

I WAS! That was soo much fun! I was one of the sailors cleaning the boat, hehehe, I might add my side of the boat was spotless.......well...until the explosions! Heres what you do: When you get in line, move to the very right side, you'll see a door. Every so often a CM will open the door and ask if you'd like to be in the show (yes, I was 15 at the time, I lied about my age......)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom