Harry Potter Theming Atrocity

T-1MILLION

It was a paraphrasing, not a misquote. I didn't insinuate that he was actually unaware of the problem. And I really don't see how they could fix this, beyond moving the entire guest path. As I said before, there's no space there.

Apologies I meant nothing negative on your part by it but even if paraphrasing if you leave an important ending out or part it can be taken entirely different. I am not saying you are at fault for misinterpriting or that you did anything wrong. I just wanted to get the facts clear that they are not ignoring the problem.

"What showbuilding?" and "What Giant Show building? When I look over there all I see is a mystical castle and beautiful scenary" are two different things.
Its not done yet but a step in the right direction, the bit of top part not covered by trees has already been primed and painted a more sky color that blends in pretty nicely. Believe me I hate giant show buildings that just kill all the effect of a good attraction's illusion but if the creative director would of said "Oh yeah the giant warehouse all of Hogwarts is really inside" then he would not be playing the creative role, much like an Imagineer does. Like Magicians and storytellers they will never break the illusion when possible.

T-1MILLION

$20 says this little "atrocity" is fixed before WDW does anything about the Yeti.

I was tempted to go that angle with it. But I do see the show building as a problem, as you said one that will at least be improved before the Yeti gets fixed. No one is going to take you on that bet easily.

kcnole

I have a hard time thinking it'll stay that way forever, but these are the same people who threw a coaster all throughout the middle of New York. So who knows. I'm really hoping that they're just working on getting the park completely open now and they'll fix that section later.

WillMouseketeer

I remember on an epidose of Mugglecast (Mugglenet is a very big harry potter site) in which they where given a preview of WWoHP, that the show building will be painted a color to better blend in with the castle, and also additional landscaping will be used as well to further hide the show building, but as of now the main priority is to get the park up a ready by June 18th, although with everything going smoothly, and no delays on any parts of WWoHP it will probably be done sooner than later

Matpez

As for the Dueling Dragons queue - I'm hoping that's over-exaggerated, since to my knowledge the only part of the queue that's been revealed is the very last portion of the queue (where there wasn't all that much to begin with). The bulk of the queue, where all of the fantastic visual gags and preshow existed, has not been revealed to us yet. That said, if they aren't planning on repainting the tracks, adding additional theming to the ride area, or reskinning the trains, color me hugely disappointed.

I have been in the bulk of the queue. We were brought in basically right after the Ice knight room, by the big wood doors. Everything, everything, everything is gone. Plain gray rock walls remain. I can only assume that the old fire & ice knight rooms have something new and Potter related in them since we couldn't see those.

drdoom1001

I thought Disney would eventually get around to finding a way to cover up the back of Everest eventually,that thing has been open for almost 5 years and it's still visible.

hpyhnt 1000

I thought Disney would eventually get around to finding a way to cover up the back of Everest eventually,that thing has been open for almost 5 years and it's still visible.

They *technically* did I believe. They added a few coats of paint and such to simulate a village built into the side of the mountain (or something like that). Aside from putting fake rock work up, its actually not a bad bit of work and does help fix the themeing issue. :shrug:

glee

:confused: Great! :mad:

I still cant wait though!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Im sure when your in the park it wont look that bad.

coolmark18

I love the view of TOT from Epcot:

morrocco.jpg

Moritz Stiefel

:ROFLOL: people REALLY need to come over to the UK if they think a bit of blue paint is deemed fugly....

Yes!!!!!

Have you seen drayton manor lately? Its falling apart!!!!:hurl::hurl::hurl: Yet its one of englands best parks..HA! Id rather stay at home then pay to see newspaper coming out of the nesh in the walls.

disnyfan89

To be honest im not surprised by the fact Universal didn't cover up the HP show building. If you look around IOA you can see the show building for most major attractions with Cat in the Hat being the best themed. Just look at Poseidon's Fury. The vents and fly space of the main show chamber are clearly visible from most angles and it's all I ever see when looking at the building. Spiderman's show building also towers over most of Marvel Island. For some reason the show building on Hogwarts doesn't bother me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom