Harry Potter The Attraction???

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
just wanting to know what everyone thinks about there being a harry potter attraction and what would its connection to WDW be... Harry Potter saves Mickey or WDW itself from Lord Voltemort :lol:
I mean come on and now where would this ride come to pass meaning what park would hold this ride???
I am true WDW and Harry FAN that is totally confused:veryconfu

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
there would be no connection made... disney is licensing them, nothing more

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
thanxs for the insite i will keep that in mind MKT your very knowleagalbe of a different kind from me you know the info i know the rides inside and out

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
thanxs for the insite i will keep that in mind MKT your very knowleagalbe of a different kind from me you know the info i know the rides inside and out

*bows*

danke..

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
your welcome its people like us that keep the inspiration of walt alive and not only that but for me the inspiration of wdw alive too even though everything that i grew up w/ is gone:(

raven

Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
just wanting to know what everyone thinks about there being a harry potter attraction and what would its connection to WDW be... Harry Potter saves Mickey or WDW itself from Lord Voltemort :lol:

Mickey doesn't need help. HE should be the one saving people. If they are to do a HP attraction at all, keep other characters out of it. It wouldn't make sence.

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
i argee it just seems no one can take a joke anymore it was a j/k just like some people think this and other ride ideas are but i actually think its great it would be merging 2 things i love the most harry and wdw just wishing and wondering where it would go:confused:

1stStarIC2nite

I am one of those people who hates Harry Potter and I would rather die than ride it... Well, I mean that's kind of harsh, I'd ride it, but I don't think I'd like it. I also think it would just not fit in any of the parks and I don't think there's any room for it in MGM. If I were Eisner (which I wish I wasn't cuz he's a do-do-head) I would dissaprove.

Don't mean to stir up any arguments over HP though... :animwink:

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
perfect spot i think that is nemo i never thought of it and they need an ride there badly or an attraction that is the only one w/o something in the ways of a ride or movie etc. in the words of the brits GOOD SHOW:sohappy:

1stStarIC2nite

My question is though, does Britain want to be represented by a 13 yr. old (I'm just geussin cuz I don't know) boy with a scar on his head that can do a little bit of magic??? And I thought that the attractions in WS were supposed to be educational and inform the public of how the country was....

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
if your the biggest selling project to ever come out of the UK i think you would want it i was just saying the UK at epcot needs something and considering thats where it is set and the writter is british then its a good spot there

Pippa

Although I am a big fan of HP I would rather see an attraction/film/whatever about something much more "british" like our royal history, if any movie theme had to be chosen surely it should James Bond?

salvecolumbia

Harry Potter, the ride. Sounds great but it's only a dream:rolleyes:
harry.jpg
MickeyMouse.story.ap.jpg

But it is not a bad idea.

jrriddle

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
I am one of those people who hates Harry Potter and I would rather die than ride it... Well, I mean that's kind of harsh, I'd ride it, but I don't think I'd like it. I also think it would just not fit in any of the parks and I don't think there's any room for it in MGM. If I were Eisner (which I wish I wasn't cuz he's a do-do-head) I would dissaprove.

Don't mean to stir up any arguments over HP though... :animwink:

I'm with you almost all the way star.
Can not stand Potter, but I have made that clear on other threads. So I won't start up again how both the books and movies are some of the worst words and images ever put to paper or on film. But like I said I won't start up again.
The only thing I would say differently is that if it goes any where it should be MGM with the Lucas and Henson properties. And that Eisner will love this because it will bring in people (young people)quickly, cash in while it's hot. As opposed to maybe developing a Disney property like Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lion King or any number of the wonderful properties they have.

Heyyall

Yeah....I definitely would NOT want a Harry Potter ride...
I really don't think it would fit in Disney World...
Maybe that's just because I don't like him at all though..:lookaroun

Dizknee_Phreek

HP in WDW? i don't see it happening in the near future. for one thing, i think it's still too controversial, all though the controversy seemingly has died down some.
but i dunno....somehow i just don't see it fitting in. the most likely place would be MGM. i highly doubt disney would ever put a movie/book-based attraction in at Epcot (though if they did, i'd want to see a Lord of the Rings attraction in the UK...but that's just in my own perfect dream world) i suppose they could take out the Hunchback theater and put an attraction there. maybe they could even leave the theater there and turn it into a live stage show. either way, although i am a HP fan (though not a rabid one) i'd prefer it if he stayed out of disney's parks.

btw, i had no idea Disney was licensing HP....so what exactly does that mean? will disney start selling HP stuff in the parks, or what? :confused:

General Grizz

I'm glad I'm not hearing this one as a solid rumor. Although Harry Potter would be successful like the Dickens, it still doesn't have the "Disney feel." Even if it was put in World Showcase, uh, how does this "culturally help" the United Kingdom? At all?

(I think the original contract dealt with Disney showing HP on television, etc.)

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
...i suppose they could take out the Hunchback theater and put an attraction there. maybe they could even leave the theater there and turn it into a live stage show...

Sorry to tell ya but the Hunchback theatre was demolished to make way for the new motor Stunt Show..

imagineer boy

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
Sorry to tell ya but the Hunchback theatre was demolished to make way for the new motor Stunt Show..

No its not. Its still standing and is being used as a storage area for the Osbourne lights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom