Harry Potter The Attraction???

FigmentJedi

I don't need any Harry Potter crap. Just give me a LOTR attraction and I and other LOTR nuts will drool.We need a drooling smily.

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
i agree with everything said here and i thank everyone for there opinion and keep them coming i will say this i have no clue where they are going with a harry potter ride harry potter and disney have nothing in common and also isn't it scolastic and warner brothers who own harry's rights. second thought is something should be done about an attraction at epcot in the Uk pavilion not just b/c normally there is nothing to do there but drink and be merry but i agree even though i am not british with the above statement of like everywhere else it could have a movie or something there is more to britian than drinking and be merry i would have to say thats more or less germany and also i agree with the non-harry fans in saying almost close to what i said above i don't get the connect every since i saw they selling harry potter stuff at WDW i am like whats the connection all i got to say is even if they made a ride or anything it won't be as good and the movies or the books and it will just be another :snore: boring thing just like all the new renivations at WDW

NemoRocks78

Seized
Now though I am a huge fan of LOTR, I disagree on having an LOTR attraction at WDW. It wouldn't fit at any park, and a WDW attraction based on a violent movie just wouldn't work. Unless they built a new park based on myths and whatnot it wouldn't fit anywhere. If anyone should get an LOTR attraction it should be Islands of Adventure, in the Lost Continent. It seems very suitable there. Besides, Bob Gale, head of Universal Orlando, said that "Disney had Potter wrapped up" and they were going for the LOTR franchise. But seeing how the Tolkien family has been with these movies, not even allowing The Hobbit to be made, I doubt we'll ever see an LOTR attraction.

Tarbi

Please no!!! not a Harry Potter or LOTR attractions!!! I know there is no chance but please if there is even a small smidge of a chance, kill it!!!!

sorry

barnum42

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
My question is though, does Britain want to be represented by a 13 yr. old (I'm just geussin cuz I don't know) boy with a scar on his head that can do a little bit of magic???

That could be as bad as being represented by a seventy five year old rodent with buttons on his pants...... :animwink:

barnum42

Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
just wanting to know what everyone thinks about there being a harry potter attraction and what would its connection to WDW be... Harry Potter saves Mickey or WDW itself from Lord Voltemort :lol:
I mean come on and now where would this ride come to pass meaning what park would hold this ride???
I am true WDW and Harry FAN that is totally confused:veryconfu

If you based it on the last book then it would not be much of an attraction as Harry would be too busy being a whiney teenager to be of use to anyone. You would have to source the books prior to that.

They could do Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Eisner.

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
HEY!!! i didn't mean to start an arguement and besides MICKEY IS THE MAN!!! i also wish that he was real and not some person in a costume b/c if he was he could run WDW and the Disney corpuration and guess what kick that no good esiner out

www.savedisney.com

:sohappy:

Atta83

But you hvae to wonder on some thigns if they had a whole LOTR attraction(which i might add could be its own park alone) would it draw more people to it and would it be good for the company , the same thing wiht the Harry Potter deal.

Djali999

blah.

I like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, but I'll be damned if they'll work as attractions at all, in any theme park. Harry Potter perhaps would work as a walk-through attraction, but Lord of the Rings? no theme park on earth could do justice to that book, or those movies.

how about keeping Disney within itself? I support that. I never really liked Universal or MGM because of this. if I want to see Indiana Jones, I'll watch him on DVD. if I want to see The Cat In The Hat, I'll step over that god awful movie on my way to dust off the book. just my two yen.

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
I am one of those people who hates Harry Potter and I would rather die than ride it... Well, I mean that's kind of harsh, I'd ride it, but I don't think I'd like it. I also think it would just not fit in any of the parks and I don't think there's any room for it in MGM. If I were Eisner (which I wish I wasn't cuz he's a do-do-head) I would dissaprove.

Don't mean to stir up any arguments over HP though... :animwink:

while on one hand i do not think potter has disney magic, i think it is a smart move to make an attraction out of the movie. the books and movie are so incredibly popular that it will be a big draw to disney. i would rather see it in the studios than at the uk pavillion, the other rides in world showcase have something to do with learning about that country, and potter is nothing more than good entertainment based out of that country. i do however feel that since it was a blockbuster movie/movies that it would do just fine at the studios! think how many people would flock to that ride! and also, had star tours, indy stunt show, and stuff like that not been here for a while, we might think they don't fit in DISNEY either - but i can't imagine wdw without them for now at least... heeh

imagineer99

I agree wity you--an HP attraction doesn't really fit in with World Showcase. HP doesn't really celebrate the United Kingdom. Instead, it's just a franchise that was started there. It would fit much better in MGM.

That said, being a pretty big HP fan, as long as they don't base the attraction on the awful movies (the books are millions of times better) I would be a happy camper!:)

Sir Hiss527

It wouldn't fit at any parks. IT's NOT DISNEY!!! You would have a better chance of a Beauty & the Beast ride at France. Or how about this Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in the United Kingdom. Harry and Disney just don't make sense.

Heyyall

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
It wouldn't fit at any parks. IT's NOT DISNEY!!! You would have a better chance of a Beauty & the Beast ride at France. Or how about this Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in the United Kingdom. Harry and Disney just don't make sense.

Thank You!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom