Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!

I went to a Barnes and Noble for the release of "Order of the Phoenix." I ended up being there for well over an hour or two before getting my hands on my book. When "Half-Blood Prince" came out, I went down the street to the Walgreen's and got my copy four minutes past midnight. :lol:

I got Half Blood Prince at B&N. I went in the early evening to get a ticket....went to the movies to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...returned to the madness of the bookstore and waited for my number to be called.

I will definetly be in line at midnight for this book. Is it crazy that we will have to buy one book for me and one for DH? For all of the other books we weren't living together so 2 was no problem, but now that we are in the same house are we crazy to get 2? I don't want to share!:D

Number_6

I got Half Blood Prince at B&N. I went in the early evening to get a ticket....went to the movies to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...returned to the madness of the bookstore and waited for my number to be called.

I will definetly be in line at midnight for this book. Is it crazy that we will have to buy one book for me and one for DH? For all of the other books we weren't living together so 2 was no problem, but now that we are in the same house are we crazy to get 2? I don't want to share!:D

Not at all. My wife ordered hers online, but it didn't arrive until a day or two later. I already had my copy and had read it by the time she got hers. :D

Not at all. My wife ordered hers online, but it didn't arrive until a day or two later. I already had my copy and had read it by the time she got hers. :D

I didn't catch on to the Potter craze until after book 4 was released. I'm not a big Sci-Fi/fantasy person so I thought I would hate them, boy was I wrong!

I read the first 3 one week on vacation and had to buy 4 as soon as we got home. I waited in line at midnight for both 5 & 6 and read them within a couple of days. I think if we only got one copy of 7 we would fight over whos turn it was to read.

Wilt Dasney

Weird...that's exactly what I did too. Except I went to a Books-a-Million. But I saw a late showing of Charlie and then headed over to get the book. :lol:

Nicole220

I pre ordered HBP online from B&N, and it got delievered the day the book came out. I'm hoping the 7th will be delievered on time...I won't be able to stand the wait if it doesn't!

EthylCooper

I didn't catch on to the Potter craze until after book 4 was released. I'm not a big Sci-Fi/fantasy person so I thought I would hate them, boy was I wrong!

I read the first 3 one week on vacation and had to buy 4 as soon as we got home. I waited in line at midnight for both 5 & 6 and read them within a couple of days. I think if we only got one copy of 7 we would fight over whos turn it was to read.

That sounds almost exactly like how it hit me. My best friends' mom gave me Chamber, and it took me months before I got around to opening it. I finally picked it up to read a couple pages and see what it was like. 3 hours later I was late for work...I finished it that night and bought books 1, 3, & 4 the next night. ^_^ For 5 and 6 I was at the bookstore at midnight and took the next 2 days off work so I could stay home and read them.

I can't wait for this one! :sohappy:

Dizknee_Phreek

That IS very interesting!

As for the book and movie being released around the same time, I also thought at first that it would spell disaster for the movie's income. But not really. If you think about it, there's a lot of people that watch the movies that don't read the books. And, those who do read the books usually do so very quickly...I'd say give them a week, tops, and it'll be read by the fanatics. So what's left to do after that? See the movie again. ...or read the book again. Either way, it may make a LITTLE difference in how much the movie makes, but I don't think we'll see a huge difference. Besides, I'd say the book release date will be a huge night for the movie as well, as I'm sure a lot of people will make a Harry Potter Day out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom