Hard to Find BGM

lpet11984

Original Poster
Thanks to mousegeeks.com and mousebits.com, I've been able to find most of what I've been searching for for the iPod with a few exceptions...

any Wonders of Life music (loops among other cuts)
PhilharMagic queue/exit music

Anyone know if these are available anywhere, and if so, where?

Thanks! :wave:

tigsmom

I know nothing about ipods or downloading music, but my kids have been listening to the music loop from the WL (and other WDW stuff) on MouseHouse Radio (via Live365).

They have loops of parades, shows and even resorts & restaurants...don't know if you can download them though. *shrugs* At least you can listen on the computer. :lol:

sittle

Muzak!!

Try to google "Sounds of Magic" or "The Sound of Magic", they have a limited amount, and the site is pretty infrequently updated, but it is very well designed and full of magic.

Also do a search on here, there are some IRC instructions and you could probably find some stuff on, a lot of Hardcore rave about the Disney, but anytime I've been on it, it's been down, full and I just don't know enough about IRC to get where I need to go and figure out how to accquire what I am looking for. I've never had a positive IRC experience, but that's just me.

I also absolutely love the background area music. I thought you can get one from www.dc-torrents.com (mousebits.com, whatever!) under the imagination ride through stuff, maybe thats HISTA, it's good whatever it is.

Happy hunting!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The WoL area and pavilion loops are out there, but there seems to be some discussion about their availability on commercial releases, so it`s not at MouseBits. There`s the Liberty Tree loops available at MouseBits, and a lot of Liberty Square BGM is available elsewhere.

lpet11984

Original Poster
Try to google "Sounds of Magic" or "The Sound of Magic", they have a limited amount, and the site is pretty infrequently updated, but it is very well designed and full of magic.

Also do a search on here, there are some IRC instructions and you could probably find some stuff on, a lot of Hardcore rave about the Disney, but anytime I've been on it, it's been down, full and I just don't know enough about IRC to get where I need to go and figure out how to accquire what I am looking for. I've never had a positive IRC experience, but that's just me.

I also absolutely love the background area music. I thought you can get one from www.dc-torrents.com (mousebits.com, whatever!) under the imagination ride through stuff, maybe thats HISTA, it's good whatever it is.

Happy hunting!!

Thanks for the suggestions- So far no luck on either of those...but I found some good stuff I wasn't expecting to find! :)

Any other big resources I might be missing? I did find on Wikipedia, there is a link for WoL music, however it isn't loading for me....I'll have to keep trying. Hopefully it's at least a list of music and might be the next piece of the puzzle...

brkgnews

One of the BGM items mentioned for Space Mountain on Mousegeeks actually turned up in WoL as BGM during its recent opening. That either means that...
A) Some of the music was used interchangably between the two as a regular practice.
B) It was mislabeled over at MouseGeeks.
C) They had already completely torched the BGM loop prior to WoL's last-ditch opening this past December, and had to come up with something fast. :eek:

maelstrom

I have the Wonders of Life loop and some of the individual tracks. The thing with the WoL loop and the old Tomorrowland loop is that most if not all of those tracks are just general new age songs released on albums by actual new age artists. They are still available commercially (even on iTunes, as I bought some of the tracks on there) so it's kind of a grey area with having them available on Mousebits and the like, because while the entire loop as a continuous hour or so track isn't available commerically, those individual tracks are.

lpet11984

Original Poster
I have the Wonders of Life loop and some of the individual tracks. The thing with the WoL loop and the old Tomorrowland loop is that most if not all of those tracks are just general new age songs released on albums by actual new age artists. They are still available commercially (even on iTunes, as I bought some of the tracks on there) so it's kind of a grey area with having them available on Mousebits and the like, because while the entire loop as a continuous hour or so track isn't available commerically, those individual tracks are.

That makes total sense- I recall hearing "Celestial Soda Pop" on an internet radio station and thinking "whoa!"--checked it out, and there it was on iTunes. I snatched that one up right away...

Is there some list then of the other new age pieces from WoL that I could reference? I'd be happy to purchase them off of iTunes as well, but I would like to make sure I'm downloading the right thing before I commit to buying them...

Rob562

I, too, have the full hour-long loop that's out there, as well as a few other tracks. In addition to Celestial Soda Pop, another of the more recognizable tracks is called "Behind the Waterfall", if you're looking for individual tracks.

-Rob

wdwfan22

Thanks to mousegeeks.com and mousebits.com, I've been able to find most of what I've been searching for for the iPod with a few exceptions...

any Wonders of Life music (loops among other cuts)
PhilharMagic queue/exit music

Anyone know if these are available anywhere, and if so, where?

Thanks! :wave:

the Wonders of Life loop is available over on the DIS boards.

Figment82

I, too, have the full hour-long loop that's out there, as well as a few other tracks. In addition to Celestial Soda Pop, another of the more recognizable tracks is called "Behind the Waterfall", if you're looking for individual tracks.

-Rob

Behind the Waterfall is a gorgeous song. It used to be played in 4 different places simultaneously: Tomorrowland, WoL, FountainView, and HISTK play area. Now it's unfortunately down to just the latter two. It's one of those songs that makes me stop and sit down to listen. Absolutely beautiful!

When WoL opened last fall for F&W, I was so pleased to hear the original loop playing outside. I actually sat on the wall near the old stroller parking area for almost an hour listening, even though I have the whole loop on my computer. Closing my eyes, it felt like I was back in 1989 again...

If you enjoy the New Age music that plays, or played, in the Disney parks, may I also suggest tracking down "Windswept" by John Jarvis. It was part of the old Tomorrowland loop and is a fantastic track, very much in theme with the WoL loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom