Hard Rock Park... competition?

disneygoof1

Original Poster
Anyone else heard about the new Hard Rock Park that is opening in South Carolina? I couldn't believe it either myself, but there is a legitimate website for it. www.hardrockpark.com. Any thoughts on maybe new competition coming after Disney.

StageFrenzy

i heard about it a while ago through RCDB. My first thought on the matter is it will attract a different crowd than Disney. It may also draw the crowd that many people on this board wish didn't go to Disney. But i think the people who will go to it will mostly be bikers and area residents.

davidpw97

I think the park looks interesting but I don't think people will choose to go here instead of Disney. I plan on being in Myrtle Beach the week leading up to the opening, not sure if I want to try opening day but on the schedule posted on the internet it says they are having soft openings for about 2 weeks prior to the official opening (May 9th) and I hope to get in for that.

kcnole

While it looks to be an entertaining park, it is not going to compete with Disney. It is more of a regional coaster park so its competition will be the Carrowinds/Six Flags type places up around North Carolina. I'm definitely planning on giving it a visit sometime. I have some family who lives near Myrtle Beach, so maybe sometime while I'm there I can head over there with my son.

dreamfinder

Almost definitely more along the lines of a Six Flags park. Hard Rock has done some good hotels and resorts, but I don't think their brand will convert well into a family friendly amusement park. But it could definitely be hip/edgy enough to attract 18-35 yr olds.

Dingle66

Hard Rock Park

I agree with those saying it will not compete with Disney. It will likely get some crossover but the majority of folks may be a little different demographic.

bfbulldog

Hard Rock compete with Disney? A joke right? A tiny regional park in South Carolina based on a Hard Rock concept. I don't think Disney will be losing any sleep over this one.

doop

I am planning on heading down this summer to catch Led Zeppelin: The Ride. I don't know about any other groups.
The title of that ride alone makes me interested in it, but still, it's doubtful to compete with the likes of the Disney gods.

gbrooks135

The company I work for is working inside of hard rock park ,and from what I have seen there is NO WAY will it compete with Disney although there will be some cool stuff and rides in there, it will give Island of adventure a run for the money. the park is being geared toward Family's with a lot of interactive stuff. you check it out here www.hardrockpark.com

bryPOD

Meh... If I'm ever stuck in South Carolina for a long period of time, I may stop by there if there is a half price ticket or something...

Thiger

although it would be pretty fun but i doubt its going to take much away from disney

as family as this park could be its no where near Disney.

Look at Universal, they had to pull in heavyweight harry potter.

that said, it looks like a sweet park and riding a coaster made for 'whole lotta love??? Thats amazing

that bucket system coaster looks great too!

nmj91385

I agree that the Led Zepplin roller coaster looks sweet. I also agree that this looks like a local park that cannot compete with Disney.

DisneyMemories

The company I work for is working inside of hard rock park ,and from what I have seen there is NO WAY will it compete with Disney although there will be some cool stuff and rides in there, it will give Island of adventure a run for the money. the park is being geared toward Family's with a lot of interactive stuff. you check it out here www.hardrockpark.com

My sister lives in Myrtle Beach, and I visited the park or I should say a pre-view building of what is going to in the park and while it's going to be nice for folks who are into that kinda of stuff (i'm not). I will be neat from the model of the park they had on display in the pre-show building. Disney has nothing to fear, Hard rock Park will do great for the summer tourist who plan on visiting and staying in the Myrtle Beach area.

In fact were going to Myrtle beach to my sisters, but only a day because we all are going to meet up and car pool down to disney for a few days because were addicted to Disney and try to get there as offen as we can.:p:sohappy::lol::wave:

kcnole

I don't think either Disney or Universal are too worried about this park. Again, its competition is with the Six Flags type parks and both Disney and Universal sit high above them in the theme park food chain. Its going to be nothing more than a regional park pulling visitors from the NC and SC mainly as well as whatever tourists are already in Myrtle Beach. Its not going to be anything that people travel from hundreds of miles away to reach, at least not too often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom