Happy tears from now on at Illuminations!

diddy_mouse

What a wonderful story! It's pretty cool that he'll be using a sweet piece of technology at a park that dreams of advancing technology! :D Thank you so much for sharing!

MiceysBestPal

Just so you'll know, the "Jordy" from Star Trek, TNG is actually spelled, "Geordi."

The character who used a device in order to "see" was
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge, played by actor LeVar Burton.

And the only reason I know this is, I just looked it up on imDb.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0092455/

I hope the new device (however its name is spelled) will make a major difference in the enjoyment of WDW!

poisienpatch

I am so glad they make such great pieces of technology! If you want to know more pieces of equipment and what is out there, let me know and I can email you. There is alot out there for people who are blind or visually impaired... let us know how it went!:)

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
Just so you'll know, the "Jordy" from Star Trek, TNG is actually spelled, "Geordi."

The character who used a device in order to "see" was
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge, played by actor LeVar Burton.

And the only reason I know this is, I just looked it up on imDb.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0092455/

I hope the new device (however its name is spelled) will make a major difference in the enjoyment of WDW!

I know, it's weird. I always want to spell the name with a 'G':lol: I don't know how it came to be spelled Jordys......maybe there was a copyright issue or it just started as a nickname.......they certainly don't look like Geordi's banana-clip looking visor:lol: It will be nice to also view Fantasmic with DS from higher and drier in the stands this year, too!!

36 days 36 days 36 days:sohappy:

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
I am so glad they make such great pieces of technology! If you want to know more pieces of equipment and what is out there, let me know and I can email you. There is alot out there for people who are blind or visually impaired... let us know how it went!:)

DS has several new low vision devices that he obtained through La. Rehab. Services to assist him in college. The devices are his as long as he is in school and in good standing....... DS made the Dean's List at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, LA his first semester:sohappy: He is so looking foward to WDW this year, especially since he will have his Jordys AND girlfriend with him!!

KelsaBels

Just wanted to add how happy your story makes me. I have tears in my eyes just reading about it, so I can imagine how touching it would be to experience that with your family!
He sounds like a great guy with a great family! Have soooo much fun!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thank you for sharing, what a wonderful story.
Looks like we'll be there the same week as you and "your troop". Hopefully we'll get to say Hi!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom