News Happy 50th Birthday to Walt Disney World!

brb1006

The new Cirque du Solei "Drawn to Life" show at Disney Springs will premiere tomorrow evening. Technically it doesn't count as a 50th Anniversary offering (since it was planned to debut last Spring). But since it arrives almost a month after the start of WDW's 50th Anniversary alongside adding brand new acts. This might be the best offering for WDW's 50th Anniversary (I don't care if it doesn't count)!

Last edited:

brb1006

Alright last post of Disney Spring's "Drawn to Life" for now.

The lobby which teaches the "12 basic principles of animation"

Opening night speeches

Video of the entire cast of the show celebrating it's grand opening at the very end of the show. This actually made me tear up.

While Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary offerings has mostly been mediocre/disappointing. This show is already my favorite anniversary offering despite the opening date being changed. It's the perfect show if you're a longtime Disney fan (and especially an animation, classic Disney, or hand-drawn animation fan) and for Disney's upcoming 100th Anniversary in 2023. Finally something to make up for KiteTails!

I'm so happy this show is getting so much positive reviews and feedback! For those at Disneyland who plan on visiting WDW in the future, I highly recommend checking out this show during your visit (for now it only performs on Tuesday till Saturday). It's a huge love letter to Classic Disney (mainly Walt and "Disney's Nine Old Men") and for those that want something that has genuine love from modern day Disney.🥰

Last edited:

smooch

I always wondered about this, I know it gets stormy / windy down in Orlando pretty often from my understanding, I am surprised they have a massive kite show there. It looks charming, but I always wondered how often they would have to cancel due to weather.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I always wondered about this, I know it gets stormy / windy down in Orlando pretty often from my understanding, I am surprised they have a massive kite show there. It looks charming, but I always wondered how often they would have to cancel due to weather.
You get storms just about every day during the summer but most are short lived, lasting less than a half hour. then the humidity shoots up and you go on with your day.

eddie104

You get storms just about every day during the summer but most are short lived, lasting less than a half hour. then the humidity shoots up and you go on with your day.
Sometimes it rains all day and this summer it didn’t rain as much. This fall so far has been pretty wet and has gotten cooler a lot earlier than usual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom