Happy 40th Anniversary, WDW!

MissMorrow

It was a very happy celebration! :wave:

pic035.jpg

That is a great picture!! You definitely had a much better view than I did.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can't the only one who is infuriated with the tacked-on (and tacky) "Park" onto the name - Magic Kingdom Park??? Seeing that (same with 'Disneyland Park') makes me want to utter all sorts of obscenities that are directed at the "brand" morons who pull this crap out of some nether-region. Hey geniuses - I think the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing primates that visit your theme parks know that Magic Kingdom is a "theme PARK", that Disneyland is a "theme PARK". Yet you have to denigrate them with your branding... I'd like to take that brand and hit some marketing people in the back of the head. I just hope all those hundreds of millions of people that visited Magic Kingdom in the past 40 years before you threw "Park" on the end are relieved to know that it was a "theme PARK" that they visited and not some picnic area.

Sorry for the rant, things like "brand", "synergy", and marketing tend to get me steamed...

MarkTwain

I can't the only one who is infuriated with the tacked-on (and tacky) "Park" onto the name - Magic Kingdom Park??? Seeing that (same with 'Disneyland Park') makes me want to utter all sorts of obscenities that are directed at the "brand" morons who pull this crap out of some nether-region. Hey geniuses - I think the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing primates that visit your theme parks know that Magic Kingdom is a "theme PARK", that Disneyland is a "theme PARK". Yet you have to denigrate them with your branding... I'd like to take that brand and hit some marketing people in the back of the head. I just hope all those hundreds of millions of people that visited Magic Kingdom in the past 40 years before you threw "Park" on the end are relieved to know that it was a "theme PARK" that they visited and not some picnic area.

Sorry for the rant, things like "brand", "synergy", and marketing tend to get me steamed...

I won't say that all the emphasis on "Park" infuriates me, but I definitely see where you're coming from. At least at Disneyland it makes a small amount of sense, since the term "Disneyland Park" is used to differentiate it from the larger "Disneyland Resort," but I really don't get why it's necessary at WDW... :veryconfu

WDW Monorail

I won't say that all the emphasis on "Park" infuriates me, but I definitely see where you're coming from. At least at Disneyland it makes a small amount of sense, since the term "Disneyland Park" is used to differentiate it from the larger "Disneyland Resort," but I really don't get why it's necessary at WDW... :veryconfu

It's the same issue with MK.
Most people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney World.
I don't really care what a park is named as long as I enjoy it and people call it the correct name. This is helping people realize that the Magic Kingdom is only a single park within a much larger complex.

figmentsfan1982

I wish I could attend, but there were other matters I had to tend to. Anyway I'm super excited for October 28th! I'm going to renew my Florida seasonal pass, so I'll be there often! Just 26 more days :D:D

llrain

lol...people are actually trying to pawn the maps on ebay already for hundreds of dollars for them...
edit...sorry thats for the package ones..

COProgressFan

It's ridiculous, I agree. I'm sure created by the same corporate geniuses who decided on the "Disney Parks" (complete with "Parks" in cheesy Disney font logo) branding. Or the grammatically ridiculous "Disney California Adventure".

Do these people even know their own product anymore?

invader

It's ridiculous, I agree. I'm sure created by the same corporate geniuses who decided on the "Disney Parks" (complete with "Parks" in cheesy Disney font logo) branding. Or the grammatically ridiculous "Disney California Adventure".

Do these people even know their own product anymore?

Legalities, not really much they can do about it. As for the Magic Kingdom Park thing, it's been "Four Parks, One World." It's always been technically been Magic Kingdom Park.

dixiegirl

All i know is I'd rather be there then here (in RI) I miss WDW yes I was just there but, Give anything to be there , to me its my second home. although to many its their second home!

Admiral01

Premium Member
Legalities, not really much they can do about it. As for the Magic Kingdom Park thing, it's been "Four Parks, One World." It's always been technically been Magic Kingdom Park.

I think I disagree. If you watch some of the old WDW advertisements and the youtube video of the WDW channel from the resorts, they refer to the park as "The Magic Kingdom." They didn't call it "Magic Kingdom Park." And, by your "Four Parks, One World" logic, EPCOT would be known as "EPCOT Park," and we would have "Disney's Hollywood Studios Park" and "Disney's Animal Kingdom Park."

Now, there are those who call Disneyland "Walt Disney's magic kingdom." The announcement inside Disneyland often refer to the place as his "magic kingdom." The "The" in "The Magic Kingdom" was to separate the WDW park from the unofficial nickname of Disneyland (which, as the earlier poster stated, is now called Disneyland Park to differentiate from the overall Disneyland Resort...and which is useful).

We all know that Magic Kingdom IS a theme park...we don't need the term "Park" at the end of the name to remind us. Adding "Park" has really taken some of the power away from the name. "The Magic Kingdom" sounds much better than "Magic Kingdom Park." At least, I think it does.

COProgressFan

Legalities? Huh? I really have no idea what you are talking about. It used to be called "Disney's California Adventure" and now it is the grammatically incorrect "Disney California Adventure".

And "Four Parks" thing was just used as a slogan on some merchandise and marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom