News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

TrainsOfDisney

Because they made to specifically for Disneyland and also why have the same show at both resorts? If everything was the same at both places what’s the point in going to both? Also there’s no where for Baymax to fly.
There is nothing specific to Disneyland in the show - baymax flying isn’t really that special to me. It’s cute but the only one there really “worked” is dumbo. The others are kinda gimmicky.

Vinnie Mac

Not really, it’s centered around animation and no references to the park are made in the show it’s all about the movies
I guess you are right though. I still don't think it belongs in WDW though. Disneyland shows and WDW shows usually have clear differences in production level. No different here. HEA just feels like a bigger spectacle than Wonderous Journey

jmuboy

I disagree. Having seen them both in person I think Wondrous is way better.

Remember and Disneyland Forever are both way more impressive than wishes as well.
Until WJ, DL FOREVER was my 2nd favorite fireworks show after RDCT. WJ has slipped into that #2 spot for me. But when I’m at WDW I love HEA. And agree it’s way better than Wishes ever was. Count me in the “Wishes was overrated” camp

Disone

Until WJ, DL FOREVER was my 2nd favorite fireworks show after RDCT. WJ has slipped into that #2 spot for me. But when I’m at WDW I love HEA. And agree it’s way better than Wishes ever was. Count me in the “Wishes was overrated” camp
The two parks have not had the same firework show in them since decades ago when they both had Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. To me anyway, it would seem odd to go back to having the same firework show at both parks.

I agree that "Wishes" was overrated. But it was the Magic Kingdom's first fireworks show that elevated above the lackluster standard that was at the time, Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. Nothing wrong with Fantasy in the Sky, it was fine for what it was at the time, but compared to the firework shows of today, Pre-Wishes version of "Fantasy in the Sky" was truly.... basic. Wishes benefited from that because it was more than twice the length and had way more fireworks. (

But Disneyland started doing Believe, and then Remember and Magical and Forever and others.

Honestly the only nightly fireworks show I think Magic Kingdom has ever done to compete with what Disneyland has been doing has been, Happily Ever After.

One thing I did find odd was Enchantments spectacular faceplant compared to how well Forever at Disneyland did. Both shows really are cut from the same cloth. They claim to be shows celebrating the parks anniversary but then immediately go into a clip show of Disney animation.

Even I fall into that bucket. When Forever first came out It kind of had to grow on me. Enchantment has grown on me too, especially with the reworked beginning, but not the level of Forever.

jrhwdw

Appears they were testing Pirates show lighting this morning. 4K video soon,

Magic Kingdom Spotlight test of Happily Ever After FULL Villain Segment

Here’s additional with a copy of the villain segment without the reference footage. Shot over the course of 35mn and cut down.

A lot of Testing for a Show that has already opened twice to Stunning Reaction......Is this normal for a returning Show?

The main thing to test would be the MS Projections and Pyro a time or two before April 3rd.

Vinnie Mac

I disagree. Having seen them both in person I think Wondrous is way better.

Remember and Disneyland Forever are both way more impressive than wishes as well.
I see why you would think that but I just feel like the shows look and feel bigger for me at WDW.

Not to mention one park has fireworks everyday, the other has fireworks every weekend... Lol

Disone

I thought fantasy in the sky had more fireworks? Or at least more large shells?
Wishes was definitely a much larger show than fantasy in the sky fireworks In no way shape or form was Wishes cheaper show than fantasy in the sky.

The Disney World official guidebook use to state that the 5 minute long fantasy in the sky fireworks had over 250 fireworks.

wishes which was 12 minutes comes in it almost 700. (Wikipedia say 683 shells)

So Wishes was more than twice the length and had slightly more fireworks per minute than fantasy in the sky. While it did have a lot of ground-based fireworks flanking the castle it still had tons of aerial shells, and still had the huge shells, they're definitely used in the buildup to the finale.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Select Walt Disney World Cast Members will be able to enjoy a special showing of the beloved Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular three weeks before it officially returns to the Magic Kingdom Park (on April 4, 2023).

As part of this special event, 2,000 Florida-based Cast Members, Imagineers, and Employees will be randomly selected to win admission for winner and up to three (3) guests to the Happily Ever After return performance at Magic Kingdom Park on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, from 11:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m."

jrhwdw

"Select Walt Disney World Cast Members will be able to enjoy a special showing of the beloved Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular three weeks before it officially returns to the Magic Kingdom Park (on April 4, 2023).

As part of this special event, 2,000 Florida-based Cast Members, Imagineers, and Employees will be randomly selected to win admission for winner and up to three (3) guests to the Happily Ever After return performance at Magic Kingdom Park on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, from 11:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m."

Wow! 3 weeks before HEA seems early for CMs..

Now we know why MK was testing the 50th Crest! LOL!

Wonder when Pyro Testing starts?......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom