Happiest Disney Moment

nikimsu2002

One of my happiest moments was Spring Break of 2002 when I went on a trip with my family, my bro's friend, and my boyfriend. It was so much fun just to be able to go on all the rides with my boyfriend. He also helped me get over my fear of roller coasters by taking me on all of them. Then when I kept wanting to go on my favorite ride over and over again he told me how much he liked seeing me acting like a little kid.

Another happy moment was the same trip when my grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins came to Magic Kingdom to spend a day with us. I had just found out that I had gotten into the School of Music at Michigan State and I showed my grandparents the letter and they were so happy they started to cry (both my grandpa and uncle are band directors and the went to Michigan State).

Then later that day, seeing my five-year old cousin riding the rides and seeing his reaction after he rode Buzz Lightyear because Buzz is his hero. The look on his face when my boyfriend rode with him on Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride was the cutest thing I've ever seen. :)

all_good_chic

I was very short at the time and my dad and i were watching illuminations. I couldn't see very well so a cast member asked me to follow him. He led me to these stairs where a private party was going on/ I went under the rope and sat on the stairs all by myself and i had the best view ever. I thought i was so cool!:)

Steamboat_Kevin

Just driving through those gates knowing that you are going to be having the time of your life at WDW for the next few days gives me this magical feeling.
I remember my trip in February 2002 we were checking into the Wilderness Lodge when we just got there and I was looking at the little indoor tiny pond thing that there is a bridge over which isn't even too great but I remember I told my cousin "I just have this magical feeling right now"
Oh, how I miss WDW! :(

DisneyPhD

My husband's and mine first trip to WDW March of 1996, the first day we got there and checked in at Dixie Landings. We had never seen a resort like it and got on the bus and visisted all the monorail resort and Old Key West for Dinner. It was so much fun, knowing we had a whole week ahead of us and it all was so new!!!

My favorite time of each trip has to be the first day, I just love that feeling!!!!!

I agree with Minniefan, now that we are DVC I am looking forward to 40 years of first days (and the entire week also!!!)

FanofDinsey1981

taking my boyfriend for the first time and seeing his face light up at the buzz lightyear ride. ah, so cute!

and I have a pic somewhere my dad took of me when I was about 5. I was meeting cindy in her chair, and I was starstruck! I still get that way sometimes in disney. :)

TIGGER-FAN

My happiest moment was during our recent trip. My wife and I did the Dive Quest Tour at the Living Seas. During the dive I spotted a small girl in a wheel chair sitting beside one of the windows looking into the tank. I swam right up in front of her and gave her a wave. She returned a very timid wave so I again gave her a big wave. She returned with a big wave and a big smile. I'm guessing it was her mother and father standing behind her giving me a thumbs up and mouthing the words thank you. Just knowing I brought some joy to that family made me the happiest person on earth at that time.

CREEKWAYNE

My happiest moment was when my daughter was about 2yrs. old. I will never forget it.:D We had just walked in the front gate and we saw Pooh bear in the circle. The kool-aid smile:D that took over her face. It was ear to ear. It took over her whole body and she could not move to go over and give him a hug....it still gives me tears once in a while.:cry:

17 days and counting. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Horizons38

Premium Member
I have a lot of favorite moments but the absolute fav for me was when hubby and I took my mum for her first trip. We were poor when i was a kid and she never went anywhere. Everything is better now and Chris and I took her to Disney for her birthday for the first time 4 years ago ( she has been back many times since ! :) But i will always remember the event when we had gone to eat at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and the gang, she was always a true POOH fan and when he came to our table he gave her such a big hug that she started to cry , and then he hugged her again and again ! Everybody was crying around us and laughing at the same time ! I said to myself then there is nothing better then the feeling you get when at Disney, the family feeling, the happy feelings and i know all of you know what i mean even if it sounds corny when i say it ! Every time i go back it's like i'm home again !:)

goofyguy

Can I narrow this down to one. Don’t think so …

**Being 7 years old and leaving the Magic Kingdom absolutely certain that I’d been on a rocket to the moon.

**Proposing to my wife in front of Cinderella’s Castle.

**The look on my 4 year old daughter’s face the first time she saw the castle.

**That same daughter yelling to parade characters. “Cinderella! It’s me … Kathryn!”

**Taking my mother on what would be her final trip to WDW.

**The anticipation of taking my youngest daughter on her first trip.

And a hundred other memories that I would never trade.

Grumpy56

The most magical memories are the ones yet to be made.....22 days till our next trip:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
but a few highlights from the past.....
At DL while waiting in line for Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, Chip and Dale suddenly appeared and took my two kids on the ride with them! My husband and I just stood there as our children disappeared into the dark with these huge grins on their faces. We got in the next car and got to watch them as they went through the ride. It was fantastic.

Once at WDW my 6 year old got to "drive" the Jungle Cruise boat. The CM was so nice to her, she talked about how she got to drive for weeks afterward.

When my son was a tall 5 year old he was just not quite tall enough to ride Big Thunder and he wanted to in the worst way. We put an extra pair of socks in his shoes and he had the time of his life on the ride. Later that day we ran into Mary Poppins and he told her all about it. She said "Young man, you should not tell Mary Poppins about doing things like that!" We all thought it was so funny because his eyes suddenly got real wide like he'd been caught being naughty and then she smiled at him and he smiled back and hugged her.

nikimsu2002

All of Spring Break 2002. Just spending time with my best friend at the parks and riding the rides with him. Also the day my cousins, aunt, uncle, and granparents came to WDW and spent the day with us. Seeing my cousins faces in MK and riding the rides was awesome and so much fun. Especially when my best friend and I took them on rides like Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride and Pirates of the Caribbean when the 5 year old laughed at the pirates. And then when we took them on HM and the 7 year old wanted to ride with us and told us she wasn't afraid of anything but then jumped at something during the ride.

dreamer

It's great to read all these posts. I've had so many good times at DW that I can't pick one moment.

I love driving under the Walt Disney World sign at the beginning of each visit. I love watching my kids faces on the rides and at the parades. I love it when the lights come on at twilight. I could go on and on.

ddrongowski

brings a tear to my eye (sniff)

On our first trip to WDW, my son was 4 years old. At the Fantasmic show when Mickey Mouse slayed the Big Bad Dragon, my son turns to me and say in a VERY JOYOUS voice "Mickey;s a tough guy."

Just one of those magical moments.

Lissydog

My most magically Disney memory was of our Disney wedding. My husband and I got married at the Wilderness Lodge in Jan. 2001. It was the most special day of our lives!

CREEKWAYNE

Wedding

That is sooooooo cool Lissydog that you got married there. My wife and I wish that we did.:( We hope to renew our vows there one day!:)

17 days and counting!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Grumpy56

Re: brings a tear to my eye (sniff)

Originally posted by ddrongowski
On our first trip to WDW, my son was 4 years old. At the Fantasmic show when Mickey Mouse slayed the Big Bad Dragon, my son turns to me and say in a VERY JOYOUS voice "Mickey;s a tough guy."

Just one of those magical moments.

:lol: thanks for sharing that!

oochr1soo

i would have to say doing the Grad Night thing for my senior year class trip in 2000.. it was awesome.. no lines at all in magic kingdom and i can say that i saw the original lineup of Destiny's Child lol.. I think jessica simpson was there too and some guy group.. didnt like any of em but DC wasnt too bad.. the whole friend experience was awesome too.. a close second would be christmas that just happened.. never been there on christmas and it was quite memorable with the 40 degree temps on christmas day and the pooring rain on xmas eve..

i hope to go there this summer with either my best friend or best girl friend.. maybe those will top it..

chris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom