Happiest Celebration on Earth... how long?

Highland_Holly

Does anyone happen to know when the Happiest Celebration On Earth ends? I heard it is an 18 month celebration... but have no idea when it officially started. What is to be the next "theme"??? We are going Nov 27-Dec 3.

Thanks!

Holly :kiss: :kiss:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It might be over by the time you get there - the original plan was to last through or until December, but it seems isney wants to end it in September now.

The last few celebrations were dragged out and folks groaned, I think they're cutting it at the line this year to avoid that.

We should get a small marketing theme akin to "Magical Gatherings" or "Where Magic Lives" to tide us over until they hopefully do Epcot's 25th in October 2007.

Upvote 0

papercut

What does the celebration ending in September actually mean for guests though? Are the castle decorations coming down? What other things will be gone when it's over?

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

It's likely that the castle decorations will begin to be taken down, along with all the Happiest Celebration banners. Also, it's possible that Cinderellabration may end its run. All the other elements of the Celebration should still be around (Soarin' and LMA aren't going anywhere)

Upvote 0

Highland_Holly

Original Poster
Thanks for the info... I will be sorry to miss the castle decorations, etc... but am really looking forward to seeing everything decked out for Christmas!

Holly

Upvote 0

Boray

I wish the castle decorations could become a permanant fixture. They are just beautiful, especially when you see them sparkling in the sun from the ferry across the lake as you approach the Magic Kingdom. That is truly a magical view!!!!

Upvote 0

swimmom

Stitch_Kingdom said:
So do we know the next "celebration" that's going to be happening, say around 26th March?
An Epcot 25th Anniversay Celebration would be nice, since I will also be there the end of March 2007. Although, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Upvote 0

MickeyMad

swimmom said:
An Epcot 25th Anniversay Celebration would be nice, since I will also be there the end of March 2007. Although, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Was really hoping (and all my fingers crossed!!) that the 25th celebration would start around the 1st March 2007 because you guessed it - that's when I'm going again.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Epcot's 25th anniversary doesn't really start until October, 2007. Whether or not they are going to celebrate that early remains to be seen. But, I wouldn't hold your breath for a celebration during the first 6 months of 2007.

I hope some of the Castle decorations stick around, but some of them, in my mind, just don't fit. I like the gold spiers and some of the other elements, but I think the characters need to go.

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

I just called Disney, and the person answering questions said that it would last through September. I also asked what would be taken away (as far as rides, shows, etc.) and she didn't know... on a good note, she said that POTC is still on track to open July 7th!
Good, cause that's the week I'll be there.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

I really don't want to see the decorations stick around. I agree--they look really great, but I'd rather they stay temporary. Though, I wouldn't say no to some permanent gold accents, a la Disneyland Paris' castle.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

TimonRulz said:
I just called Disney, and the person answering questions said that it would last through September. I also asked what would be taken away (as far as rides, shows, etc.) and she didn't know... on a good note, she said that POTC is still on track to open July 7th!
Good, cause that's the week I'll be there.
:sohappy:

you mean like this September...2006?

I get to celebrate it twice?!! (going in July)

Upvote 0

steviej

everyone keeps wondering what the next feast will be. I'm really surprised no one thought of this, but what about a "welcome home Oswald" celebration.

Upvote 0

jcat2312

Personally, I think that the castle decorations should stay the way they are. This the main hub of Magic Kingdom. Instead of just representing Cinderella, it represents almost all of Walt's achivemonts. I think that it is wonderful!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom