Hallowishes

Captain Hank

CTXRover said:
If it wasn't that upbeat, dance style, I think it could easily cross the line of being too "scary" for the "not so scary" halloween party. It is a PARTY afterall and so the music style makes perfect sense to me....
You do make an excellent point. However, I do think that they could have achieved the same effect without making it sound so "Pop." I don't know, I guess I'm just not a fan of that whole genre of music, so I'm a bit biased. :)

markc

peter11435 said:
There would be no need to use remixes of most of the songs for easier liscensing purposes, as Disney already almost all of the music used in the show.

Disney owns the rights to the lyrics; they do not, however, own the specific rights to re-use the original vocalist's performance for shows though unless they get permission. Each piece of music is different (there were different licensing agreements/royality arrangements during different times), but a lot of Disney's library requires them to get permission from the original vocalist and then pay an additional fee. With newer music, they've done away with that by having all singers/voice actors sign agreements to a clause that allows Disney to use the music whenever they want without paying additional royalities.

Supermatt70

So, maybe I'm in the minority here then?! I didn't dislike the show, in fact, I quite liked it, in some places. It is EXTERMLY nice to see many elements from Remember in this show. And I am very happy that we even have the show at all (as miserly as WDW is). But that soundtrack...UGH!

I went back out to see it again last night after work and while I liked it more than I did Tuesday night, I still have problems with the soundtrack. The show product (pyro) is great! The lighting is AWESOME! But those re mixes just stray too far from their origins. It's just strange! If the Headless Horseman and the Haunted Mansion/Grave Diggers from the Boo to You parade doesn't scare the stroller set, then I'm sure that ACTUAL music and dialogue from the Haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas wouldn't scare them either. Not to mention that "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is actually sung in The Little Mermaid animated film. I can only shake my head and wonder...

I'm a sucker though, so I'll be back out there again. This time watching the complete show Sunday night. I guess since I keep going back to watch it, it must mean that subconsciously the wonderful pyro and lighting overshadows the highly questionable soundtrack to me.

By the way...I just watched the video online from Disney World Triva.Com and it really doesn't do the show justice at all. I feel bad for you guys that can only see it on there. Remember, I'm rather hard on this show and think that it's 100% better than that video. I really think that you are missing just how AMAZING the castle looks during the show from the lighting effects. As I sit here and reflect while I type, I have to say that there is an awful lot to like and enjoy about this show! But Lord please help the people responsible for this soundtrack!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where is our resident pyro guy Boo52???

Working his backside off! I`m sure he`ll elaborate, but in Tuesdays show a bit of improvisation was used regarding some of the fireworks. Also, some of the timings have been tightened too.

boo52

I'm here just dead tired. The show looks and sounds great. There were some changes made since Wed. show. i think that this is the best version of the show. Some of my favorite shells: The Jellyfish shells at the start of Ursula's section, the Color Twist Bee's in Hefelumps and Woozles, and the Greeen Scramble Comets on the This is Halloween hits. My fav section is the Hellfire sequence. I think that people really enjoyed the show a lot tonight. The event put people in the mood for the music and the perimeters added more to the scream along. Eric Tucker and Steven Davison did a wonderful job. We will have to wait and see what they cook up for the Christmas Version of Wishes. From the product list I've seen so far, and what Eric was saying, it should be a breath taking show.

speck76

I went to the party....saw it tonight.

The show is great.....I did not care for the music.

A great assortment of shells....I love the Gold/Red multiburst shells....whatever they are called.

The choreography was great.....as expected.

Music-wise.....not really what I expected, or what I hoped for.

I am REALLY looking forward to the Christmas show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any chance of a WDWMagic video with perimeters??

This show just gets better with repeated viewing (on video... 3000 miles away :( )

mpaul32001

Does anyone have a better video of this than the one on disneyworldtrivia.com? I have watched this video literally 50 times!
(I counted) I can't get enough of it! I love the Poor Unfortunate Souls Music!I want a high Quality Video! & a video of the Boo to you Parade.

Look at My avatar! Stewie can't get enough of it Either!
Quote Stewie: HalloWishes! HalloWishes! HalloWishes!

kal1484

speck76 said:
I went to the party....saw it tonight.
The show is great.....I did not care for the music.
A great assortment of shells....I love the Gold/Red multiburst shells....whatever they are called.
The choreography was great.....as expected.
Music-wise.....not really what I expected, or what I hoped for..

I totally agree, the music was terrible! A lot of the shells reminded me a lot of DL's, along with the pinwheel sparklers.

tk421-sw

mpaul32001 said:
Does anyone have a better video of this than the one on disneyworldtrivia.com? I want a high Quality Video! & a video of the Boo to you Parade.

marni1971 said:
Any chance of a WDWMagic video with perimeters??

This show just gets better with repeated viewing (on video... 3000 miles away :( )

Did you really have to ask??? :rolleyes:

Oct. 7th HIGH Quality Hallowishes, and Boo-to-you!

ArielBelle

Okay, am I dumb? :hammer: I can't find the hallowishes video on disneyworldtrivia.com
Can someone link me to it? Or direct me to it!

Thanks..

ProjectTracker

If you want MouseTimes.com has there Hallowishes video up from Friday night's showing. You have to go into Multimedia and click on last uploads and you'll see it where it says (1), click on it and it will bring you to the link to watch it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom