Halloween vs Christmas

Has anyone been to both Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Mickey's Scary Halloween Party? We've made the trip for the Christmas Party and are trying to decide whether to do it again or go for the Halloween timeframe.

Any suggestions... Our main fear is getting hurricane weather in october.

LuLaSue

Halloween...Go For It

We have not the the Chrismas party but, Halloween is a hoot! There are dance parties and about 13 trick or treat stations. Within one trick or treat station you may find 5 candy sub-stations. (We came home loaded with candy...to bad we don't have children) The parade is fantastic, a bit short but an absolute must see. Family's dressed up in their Halloween costumes; it's wonderful to see.

We skipped the early parade (the late parade is exactly the same) and got on all the rides with NO lines.

My brother has done both and said they are basically the same except of course for the theme.

P.S. The sun shined all week!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Thessair

Personally, I prefer MNSSHP to MVMCP. I think the atmosphere is more exciting overall, and HalloWishes tends to get me far more pumped than Holiday Wishes ever will. They’re both good times to go, really, but the parks always seem far less crowded to me in October than in December. As far as hurricanes go, I’ve been down there for 1-2 weeks in Oct for the last 5 years and only once run into a problem. Even then, the parks were only closed until 1 or so and it was great because the weather had cooled and everything was deserted. MNSSHP is really a treat, no pun intended. HalloWishes, the parade (way better than the Christmas parade in my view), the Villains stage show, the trick or treating, it really is my absolute favorite time of year to be there. If you haven’t done MNSSHP, I highly, highly, highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

We have been at both times of year and I think that both seasons offer something different. That is why we decided to forgo our usual spring trip and go both in Oct and Dec this year.

I absolutely love the MSSSHP, the atmosphere is great.

I also like to see the resort and parks decorated for Christmas. I also like the lights display at MGM as well as the candlelight processional at Epcot. I am very excited to see both this year.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

If your question is just about the 2 specific parties and you have already done MVMCP then I would go at Halloween and experience that party, as it is alot of fun and great fireworks show. As well as the fact you can join in the festivities by dressing up yourselves.

But if you are looking at the overall Holiday experience then Christmas wins hands down. There are so many other things happening, in all the parks, resorts, special shows, etc, etc.

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

Mnsshp

Has anyone been to both Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Mickey's Scary Halloween Party? We've made the trip for the Christmas Party and are trying to decide whether to do it again or go for the Halloween timeframe.

Any suggestions... Our main fear is getting hurricane weather in october.

Halloween hands down. We went to MNSSHP in 2004 & MVMCP in 2006. We enjoyed both parties, but think the children enjoyed the Halloween party more, due to dressing up & being able to trick or treat, before the actual day of Halloween.

Plus, it didn't seem to be as crowded during Halloween.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

I don't think this is where I originally saw it but I did find this small article at Screamscape...

2007/2008 - Jack’s Halloween Party - Rumor - (6/15/06) Sources indicate that plans are being pushed forward for a Jack Skellinton themed Halloween Party upcharge event after dark either in fall 2007 or 2008.
(2/4/06) I reported on this rumor last summer but a new internet survey is making the rounds suggesting that Disney may be ready to finally add a Halloween event for a slightly older crowd to the Studios this fall. The text from the survey describes the event as: “For the first time, Disney-MGM Studios becomes the host for all things that go bump in the night with an all new Halloween Celebration. Join Jack Skellington, the "Pumpkin King of Halloween Town" from A Nightmare before Christmas, and a horde of Disney's most popular villains as they set about turning the Disney/MGM Studios into a nightmare of 1000 screams. Visitors will enjoy the thrills and chills of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster, a colorful parade, and streets filled with ghouls and goblins. It's a Halloween party filled with Disney magic - only this time it's magic cooked up by the Wicked Witch herself.”

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We went to MVMCP in 2001 and 2005. We went to MNSSHP in 2004. The halloween party was great! Both parties are worth the cost. The halloween parade is wonderful. The Headless Horseman makes an appearance that is not to be missed. Also, the weather in October is nice. Its still very warm, but not too hot. The crowds were less in October than when we went the week after Thanksgiving in 2005, which used to be during the slow period. We went about mid October and enjoyed it. We would go back that time of year, but my son is in school and he doesn't get a fall break. He's off the week of Thanksgiving.

If you have an opportunity to go in October I would definitely go. The MNSSHP is wonderful and really a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We've done both and liked both and thought they were great.

I think with kids the Halloween one is a little more exiting as we brought costumes, which the kids enjoyed doing. They also got a big kick out of being able to Trick-or-Treat around the park.

October is a great time of year to go, the first two trips we did it that time of year and loved the weather and crowds were low (especially early in the month, except for Columbus day weekend). We had to change because of my job requirements to go the begining of December and liked that too. It's nice to see the parks and resorts decorated for the holiday's.

But if you haven't done the Halloween party yet I would definitely give it a try.

Upvote 0

KnK

We loved the Holloween party this past year. We go the first part of September every year and this was our first chance to experience it. We are hopeful that they run it early again this year.

We have no kids, but loved trick or treating ourselves.

Yes, it did rain the day we went, but only for a short period.

Upvote 0

MissM

I've been to both and I've enjoyed both. However, I felt that MNSSHP was more unique. There's something so fun about walking around MK in costume, trick-or-treating for candy. It's really a good time. There's a lot more that's Party specific in terms of the experience as well. I mean, you can see the Holiday theming for two months in November and December on regular days, so there's not as much during MVMCP that's different from going that time of year during the day, you know?

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at both, but I'd prefer the experience of Halloween again. As an AP holder, I feel like it's more worth the additional cost than MVMCP. I guess it boils down to your preference. I found MNSSHP to be much more fun and silly whereas I found MVMCP to be more calm and relaxing.
-m

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I love the Christmas Party and hope to go back to it this year, but I would love to see the Halloween Party. I just missed it this pass Sept by a few hours. Our flight was late but if it was on time we were going to go.

Upvote 0

beyondinfinity

EASY answer....

DO BOTH!!!! :sohappy:

We've done both in the same year and WOW what a great couple of months! Halloween for us was an unexpected pleasure since we had no plans or intentions of going. When I received the Mickey Monitor that year it talked about MNSHP. When I showed it to my wife and step-daughter their reaction was "that looks cool." A couple of days later I took my wife to lunch and told her that I had booked the three of us a flight....I hadn't yet, but wanted to see her reaction. Once she said that will be fun, I knew we were off and running!!! The parade and fireworks (a special version of FITS back then) were awesome since they had a Halloween theme. (We were there during the weekend the M:S opened, too, so we were able to experience it AND the last FITS followed by the first Wishes). Made for a great trip.

MVMCP will always hold a special place in our hearts, too. My wife and I spent our second anniversary at WDW in December of 2002 with a week-long stay at the Dolphin and our first MVMCP. How awesome to see it snow on Main Street USA and then watch a special fireworks show at the base of Cinderella Castle with what seemed like only a couple of hundred people. Once it was over we stood there in a warm embrace and enjoyed the lights of Main Street while watching people stream out of of Magic Kingdom. Yep, that is one that I will never forget. :animwink:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I've done both, MVMCP more than MNSSHP, but I've started to like going and doing the halloween stuff better than the MVMCP. Besides they give you candy at halloween, who could pass that up.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

The family and I did both parties this year, first time for both. Ilike the Halloween party much better. i think it is done a little better than the Christmas partty. Both parties are great but Halloween has my vote. Hallowishes is one of best firework displays I have seen, and the parade is great to, with the Headless Horseman and everything.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom