Halloween " Party " or " Boo Bash " ? Announcement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark48

Original Poster
Wondering when the plans for Halloween 2022 will be announced. Seems a bit late for the
announcement. I understand that this far out they want to make sa sure a possible wether
Covid will be a factor . Any ideas or scuttlebutt ?

G00fyDad

I've been looking everywhere for this information as well. I don't think we're going to hear anything for at least another month.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have a feeling it’ll be an after hours event (with after hours prices), but will include the parade, Hocus Pocus show (with perhaps a new scene to promote the new film), trick or treating, and fireworks. Hopefully regular character meet and greets will be back then, too.

All of that, of course, at a price much higher than the “parties.”

But this is just a guess. I have no inside knowledge of anything related to these events.

wdwfan22

I'm thinking late April early May they will announce the return of Disney After Hours Boo Bash. I also see Mickey's Boo-To-You Parade returning to Boo Bash this year along with the fireworks. Sadly, I don't see the Hocus Pocus Castle Stage Show returning.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm thinking late April early May they will announce the return of Disney After Hours Boo Bash. I also see Mickey's Boo-To-You Parade returning to Boo Bash this year along with the fireworks. Sadly, I don't see the Hocus Pocus Castle Stage Show returning.
With a new Hocus Pocus movie to promote I think it’ll be shocking if the show doesn’t return. Bob loves synergy!

wdwfan22

With a new Hocus Pocus movie to promote I think it’ll be shocking if the show doesn’t return. Bob loves synergy!
true and i hope it does return, but it's a new Disney, and less is more. I think if they thought they could get away with a Halloween Boo Bash with no parade or fireworks for another year they would do it.

mattpeto

Was Covid used as a reason to not do the Halloween party? Someone inform me, I forgot

I honestly don't think so. I believe the After Hours party concept was part of their strategy, especially around the 50th. While the legacy parties were cheaper, the main party had it's share of complaints (crowds and kicked out the day guests way too early and even more of an issue because of the new firework show at MK).

Even though the anniversary celebration hasn't really had flagship draws (like a temporary parade marked around the 50th), they will still likely run 2022 straight from the 2021 runbook: After Hours parties for both Halloween and Christmas, but Boo Bash will get the Very Merriest power-ups: parade, stage show and specialty fireworks. Boo Bash missed those things last year because they didn't want to commit to fireworks, parades during the planning part of it because of Covid.

G00fyDad

So if Boo Bash starts at MK park closing every night then what are the elites (relax. that is a joke) staying at the deluxe resorts going to do? That effectively takes them out of the running for the MK extra evening hours right?

mattpeto

So if Boo Bash starts at MK park closing every night then what are the elites (relax. that is a joke) staying at the deluxe resorts going to do? That effectively takes them out of the running for the MK extra evening hours right?
Not really. They don't run the parties on every night. Wednesdays have been the MK night and that's not a party night typically.

G00fyDad

Not really. They don't run the parties on every night. Wednesdays have been the MK night and that's not a party night typically.

Ohhhh. Okay. My mistake. I thought the Boo Bash was a nightly thing.

What do you mean by "Wednesdays have been the MK night"?

Disstevefan1

In my opinion, we will never again see the full blown parties again. Disney used COVID to stop them and replace them with the Boo bash. If I had to guess it will be Boo Bash going forward.

Lets hope I am wrong.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Party nights are typically Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday (if I remember correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom