Halloween or Christmas party——pick one

Club Cooloholic

To me this perk factors big……I think it’s the only time a guest is allowed to show up in costume(with reasonable restrictions).
I really enjoyed the Halloween party. The Christmas one was
..ok., as you said more crowded. That said, you can do a Christmas party during some of the busiest times of the year for MK, and that can help you save time in rides.
I don't think that is as necessary for the season the Halloween parties occur in.

bwr827

Those who’ve commented on heavy crowds at parties: is it noticeable at queues, or is it more the areas where special entertainment is happening?

I love Halloween so I would have to say Halloween but I really enjoyed the Christmas party last year. We had a family reunion there, we opted out of doing a park one day and did the party. A little more but so many other things to see! Including my Mickey Popcorn bucket!!

JIMINYCR

Those who’ve commented on heavy crowds at parties: is it noticeable at queues, or is it more the areas where special entertainment is happening?
That’s great to hear, as my family doesn’t care about character meets.
As soon as the party starts the lines go crazy for the characters, especially the 7 dwarfs, Jack Skellington & Sally, Elvis Stitch and Jack Sparrow. Since the crowds build those lines early on you can get on lots of rides first. The Boo to You parade is very good ( exceptional !!) and if thats something that interests you then plan out a good viewing spot early.

RoadiJeff

For me, it was long lines in the ride queues at the MVMCP. When I bought our tickets for the party and I asked the customer service person about FastPass (this was back in 2018), she said it was like night and day crowd-wise and we didn't need it. We quickly found out during the party that her infomation was incorrect but without FastPass we couldn't do anything about it except endure the long lines that weren't half as long earlier that day.

Also, if you're lucky, you can do a character meet during the MNSSHP without having to stand in line. :D

20231101_173357.jpg

KikoKea

Since both are now too crowded, we chose to do just one Halloween party this year. We love the parade and decorations- the whole Halloween thing. Last Christmas parties we went to were OK, but didn't have the same fun vibe as Halloween.

Mark Dunne

To think years ago it was all priced on the day ticket entry, just don't like the After event ticket pricing, we did have fun on the MNSSHP, would like to go to the Christmas event, but the cost if way to high, so will have to watch on you tube , with sweets, popcorn, and home made hotdog .

Raineman

I've been to both, and it's the Halloween party for the win. It just seemed more fun. We walked out of there with so many little chocolate bars that we could have dumped them in a pile and dove in like Scrooge McDuck in his vault. The fact that we went on Halloween night just added to it, and being able to ride HM, my favorite attraction, on Halloween night, was a bucket list item for me, not to mention the HM characters on the lawn, interacting with guests in line or passing by.

jloucks

If the whole family (incl parents if applicable) can go, then Christmas.

Just 2 people? Halloween.

The logic is simple, Christmas is a family holiday, and Halloween you can darn near solo.

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
I've been to both, and it's the Halloween party for the win.

And that is the right answer!!

Best parade far and away…….where else are we going to get a galloping headless horseman down Mainstreet to get things started. And those grave digger shovel dancers are the best.

Stage show ain’t half bad either.

Candy galore throughout

The one time in the year adults can dress up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom