Halloween merch out at World of Disney already.

devoy1701

By late Sept lows start getting down to the mid to low 60s.

The heat and humidity are not too bad right now. 116 Real Feel.... Meh....
BS. I've done Halloween parties in Sept. Disgusting out there. According to weather.com the averages are still low 70s with the records touching mid to low 60s. Still high Humidity though. Been living here for 22 years now... we know not to start planning outside activities until October!

devoy1701

I used to buy a Christmas decoration every year in WDW, no matter what time of year I visited. Used to, but don't now because the decorations pretty much suck.

So, I can't hold it against anyone for buying a Halloween decoration two months early... and I certainly can't hold it against Disney for selling it.
they have those new ornaments that are Mickey Ear hats dedicated to specific attractions. Not bad actually...

Thessair

Yes, I've seen pictures of them and they do seem nice - although I've read that they break if you even look at them funny.

I ended up ordering a couple of the Haunted Mansion ones from the Disney Store site, fearing there wouldn't be any left in the park by the time I get there next month. Despite being wrapped in about a mile of bubble wrap each, both the ears were broken off them by the time they arrived and couldn't be replaced because they had no additional stock. They are terribly fragile things.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
BS. I've done Halloween parties in Sept. Disgusting out there. According to weather.com the averages are still low 70s with the records touching mid to low 60s. Still high Humidity though. Been living here for 22 years now... we know not to start planning outside activities until October!
Wow, 22 years and you STILL do not do outdoor activities 5 months out of thr year? You may want to consider living here seasonally. That's why we left the north. 7 months a year outdoors and 5 indoor were not cutting it.

The heat is not even bad out. I've been outside every evening this summer and only 2-3 nights even came close to causing sweats.

So, I'll BS your BS. In fact, it is a wonderful afternoon poolside right now. And cooler than where we moved from.

devoy1701

Wow, 22 years and you STILL do not do outdoor activities 5 months out of thr year? You may want to consider living here seasonally. That's why we left the north. 7 months a year outdoors and 5 indoor were not cutting it.

The heat is not even bad out. I've been outside every evening this summer and only 2-3 nights even came close to causing sweats.

So, I'll BS your BS. In fact, it is a wonderful afternoon poolside right now. And cooler than where we moved from.

Correct. FL only has nice weather October through mid-June. July, Aug, Sept are terrible. I run at 5:30 every morning and I might have well been swimming through the humidity this morning. 85* with 90% humidity and calm air @ 5:40am...:eek:

devoy1701

Looks like they are reselling some of the same shirts from last year...I see the Hatbox Ghost shirt returned..
was thinking that too. Nothing notable. They haven't had good Halloween Merch in about 5 years. I bought some stuff back then but haven't seen much that has caught my eye since.

willtravel

Correct. FL only has nice weather October through mid-June. July, Aug, Sept are terrible. I run at 5:30 every morning and I might have well been swimming through the humidity this morning. 85* with 90% humidity and calm air @ 5:40am...:eek:
Shouldn't the love bugs be coming out soon. I was at WDW mid May and didn't see any. Was I lucky?

devoy1701

Shouldn't the love bugs be coming out soon. I was at WDW mid May and didn't see any. Was I lucky?
It's been a surprisingly light year for Lovebugs. I thought the same last year too because we bought a new car in October of 2011 and I didn't have to scrub it down 5 times a week to keep the love bugs from ruining the paint. Millipedes though...lord almighty we had a lot of millipedes this year around April/May. Those little ones that are only like 1-inch long. They were all over EVERYTHING!

If it wasn't for Walt Disney World I would downright hate this state. But keep it up TDO because that reason isn't so compelling anymore...

willtravel

It's been a surprisingly light year for Lovebugs. I thought the same last year too because we bought a new car in October of 2011 and I didn't have to scrub it down 5 times a week to keep the love bugs from ruining the paint. Millipedes though...lord almighty we had a lot of millipedes this year around April/May. Those little ones that are only like 1-inch long. They were all over EVERYTHING!

If it wasn't for Walt Disney World I would downright hate this state. But keep it up TDO because that reason isn't so compelling anymore...
You people in Florida, well you have everything down there.:eek::hilarious: I remember one time when I was in Florida and stood on a I think it was fire ants hole. Oh crap....Here in Ohio, I just have to worry about locust.

Last edited:

EpcoTim

I don't have a problem with this. This is a little different from when your local Wally World brings out holiday merch months too early. Most people who visit WDW aren't coming back every month - so this is their chance to buy something to use to decorate their home (hopefully at the appropriate time).

If the Holiday stuff were unique and items you could only get at the World, then yeah, but you can buy the majority of this crap at any budget or halloween store. I'm almost positive I saw the exact same popcorn tin and pumpkin hat at a Party City or something like it last year.

luv

LOL, I am thinking about looking at cars and decided to wait until after Love Bugs, too...which is so silly, when you think about it. They don't ruin my paint, but I'd still like to drive it looking good for a few months, without a million tiny, black accessories. ;) (You know that "My pretty, new car!" feeling you get when walking up to it in a lot. Don't want to think, "My pretty, new car...with all those little corpses all over it.")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom