Halloween Horror Nights "Sweet 16"

PencilTest

Quick question..... will the rides in IOA be open during HHN? The official site isn't very clear. I've only gone to HHN the past two years and they've been open both times.

Thanks.
Nope, Islands will close every HHN night at 7pm. I think they're offering some sort of deal where, if you buy a ticket to HHN, you can also pay a small amount to get into IOA after 4 or 5pm to do some rides till they close. Then you go over to the Studios to get scared for the evening. Anyone wanna corroborate / correct that?

Jerm

Nope, Islands will close every HHN night at 7pm. I think they're offering some sort of deal where, if you buy a ticket to HHN, you can also pay a small amount to get into IOA after 4 or 5pm to do some rides till they close. Then you go over to the Studios to get scared for the evening. Anyone wanna corroborate / correct that?

It's 10 bucks to add on IOA from 4-7 and they say you get into HHN before the guest at the gate do????

J

Ducky_Love

Okay- be nice...

I have never been to HHN (and never wanted to go). It has been announced that my corporate event for this fall will be a VIP tour of HHN. I am in a position where I am forced to attend. I know I can avoid the houses by requesting my tour guide take me directly to the exit to meet my party. But my question is about the common areas. What can I expect just walking around in the parks?

Please, please only respond if you can be constructive. Thanks!

bayoutinkbelle

Wow, Ducky. Pretty thoughtful of your employer to set up an event that really might make some people uncomfortable. But I digress ...

I was able to walk through last year's scarezones without any problems. No one jumped out at me or chased me with a chainsaw. Seems to me that when I did see something like that, the person being scared was a young girl, or group of young girls. You know, those guaranteed to respond with high-pitched screams.

I don't know if this helps you, and I'm sure others here could respond better than me. Good luck!<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--/* You may give each page an identifying name, server, and channel onthe next lines. */s.pageName=""s.server=""s.channel=""s.pageType=""s.prop1=""; //user group if neededs.prop2=""; //Content Groups.prop3=""; //Content Types.prop4=""; //Content Names_prop9="Universal Orlando"; //business units_prop10="UO Event HHN"; //current sites.prop20="nbcuuniversalorlandobu"; //account suite/* E-commerce Variables */s.campaign=""s.state=""s.zip=""s.events=""s.products=""s.purchaseID=""s.eVar1=""s.eVar2=""s.eVar3=""s.eVar4=""s.eVar5=""/************* DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! **************/var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--if(navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSIE')>=0)document.write(unescape('%3C')+'\!-'+'-')//--></SCRIPT><!--<!--/DO NOT REMOVE/--><!-- End SiteCatalyst code version: H.2. --><!-- End ImageReady Slices -->

JROK

The website was updated in the Behind the Screams section with stuff from Jack and Eddie... Also, there are now three Production Die-ries...

JT3000

Two of this year's scarezones are much narrower than those in IOA, with the scareactors being in a more concentrated area. You will be targeted if you go through them. There will also be a chainsaw drill team marching around the park. Unlike the chainsaw-wielding scareactors of IOA, the drill team hunts in a pack (there's roughly a dozen of them) and they aren't confined to a single area. I'd recommend staying far, far away if you're not looking to get chased.

About the Production Die-ry -- While there didn't seem to be a whole lot of props strewn about, the wall treatments in Run are impressive. You'd never think it was made out of plywood, etc. This year's houses are looking much better than last year's.

Ducky_Love

Wow, Ducky. Pretty thoughtful of your employer to set up an event that really might make some people uncomfortable. But I digress ...

My thoughts exactly... I'm sure I could get out of it.. but team players get promoted and the people who whine their way out of corporate events get passed over. It is just a shame because there are other people in my office that would *love* to go. But I get the invite and they don't.

Thanks very much for the feedback. It helps if I am at least prepared. :eek:

PencilTest

I know I can avoid the houses by requesting my tour guide take me directly to the exit to meet my party. But my question is about the common areas. What can I expect just walking around in the parks?
Have you checked out the event map? if you go here: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/event_map.html you can see where the street scare zones are, and figure out a way to avoid 'em if your group decides they want to go through. I think for the most part you should be able to sort of side step the scare zones as your party makes its way through the park. Buddying up is good too, so maybe see if there's somebody else in your group who's also not too keen on going and stick with them as you walk.

If you do end up going through a scare zone, my best advice would be to walk confidently as if you own the place. If a person looks jittery and nervous, they're (for the most part) much more of a target than someone who appears cool as a cadaver. Good luck!

bayoutinkbelle

Two of this year's scarezones are much narrower than those in IOA, with the scareactors being in a more concentrated area. You will be targeted if you go through them. There will also be a chainsaw drill team marching around the park. Unlike the chainsaw-wielding scareactors of IOA, the drill team hunts in a pack (there's roughly a dozen of them) and they aren't confined to a single area. I'd recommend staying far, far away if you're not looking to get chased.

About the Production Die-ry -- While there didn't seem to be a whole lot of props strewn about, the wall treatments in Run are impressive. You'd never think it was made out of plywood, etc. This year's houses are looking much better than last year's.

Thanks for the info!

JROK

Another website update... All the Haunted House pages now have clickables that take you to another page with even more backstory and clickables... Also Die-ry #4 about Show and Scarezone Construction...

The Arrival stage is really quite impressive...

Ducky_Love

Have you checked out the event map?

No, I hadn't. I guess I thought the entire park was covered. This is very good news. I know the park very well and can sneak around easily. I'm guessing our tour guide won't care as long as I am waiting on the other side.

Thanks for the help, everyone. :wave:

disnyfan89

I have a few friends that work as scareactors in streets so maybe I can help a little. When you do a V.I.P. tour everyone in the group is given a glow stick and you travel in a big giant group. What happens is all the glow sticks light up everything around you. Street Scareactors generally stay away from these groups because it is very hard to sneak up and into the group for any good scares. Chances are good if you just stick to the inside of the group you wont be targeted!

disney_nutter

quick question the bloke that is the director of the bill and ted show is he also one of the actors that plays mark james in monster horror makeup show as ive seen him somewere before

JROK

quick question the bloke that is the director of the bill and ted show is he also one of the actors that plays mark james in monster horror makeup show as ive seen him somewere before

That's Mike Aiello, he does Horror Makeup and Blues Brothers... Really nice guy!!

Sicos

Quick question: I'm an annual passholder and got a frequent fear pass. A friend of mine said he heard about a "party" at 4pm this Friday before HHN (for annual passholders only)....is this really happening or did he get it confused with stay and scream??

oh and ps. the hhn website got updated. if you go to the haunted houses page and click on the item on each one you get a bit of more background info for each one...but nothing big revealed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom