Halloween Horror Nights Review

HTF

Been going on Halloween Night now for years (minus last year blah) and I've had amazing nights where the longest I've waited is 15 mins for any haunt and I've had rough nights with poor staff turnout and lines up to 60mins. That being said I'm going again this Halloween.

Took these last night though,

tissandtully

Was at HHN last night and Cabin in the Woods was downright my favorite house, I really like the film and things in it were true to it, which is why I think it was so good. Anyways, it was the only house where TMs were handing out tickets that you just threw in a bucket when you got to the end? Anyone know why they were doing this? Seemed odd...

figment1988

Halloween is usually pretty dead. This was not the case last year. I think all bets are off this year. However, the fact that it's no longer the last night of the event should keep some regulars away.

It doesn't surprise me if this happens, as there were some heavily hyped houses like TWD and Silent Hill. I have a partial feeling that this year will be a slightly spiked repeat due to how insanely popular Walking Dead is.

RTeker

I think that Uni is missing a chance to make both parks into Halloween haunts. Like for example with the Harry Potter land but can be done for next year I guess, is you have Death Eaters and Aurors 'shooting' spells off at each other with lighting up wands complete with explosions among other things.

danpam1024

I think that Uni is missing a chance to make both parks into Halloween haunts. Like for example with the Harry Potter land but can be done for next year I guess, is you have Death Eaters and Aurors 'shooting' spells off at each other with lighting up wands complete with explosions among other things.
they may not be "allowed" to haunt WWoHP

Bairstow

they may not be "allowed" to haunt WWoHP

I'm curious about this.
So far they haven't done any Halloween decorations for the land and only put up an absolutely minimal amount of Christmas decorations.
At this point, the land may be too new and too popular to warrant they're wanting to give it any holiday overlays, though this could change with time.
...but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the rights to do so in the future.

MickeyPeace

This was my first and last year at HHN. I bought a Frequent Fear pass and I won't go back after one time.

Mainly because - every one is herded non stop through every house.
- staff is in every room yelling no pictures move along
-cops in uniform waiting at every exit-

How can u possibly lose yourself and be scared? Somehow teenage girls do as they scream at their own shadow.

Street actors are amateur.

I could go on but why bother. The houses, why call it a maze anyway, in NY are a million times better. And cheaper.

JT3000

every one is herded non stop through every house

We could have told you that. Due to the massive amount of people attending, they have no other option.

staff is in every room yelling no pictures move along

Only if you or someone you were with was taking pictures. They don't do this otherwise. Why would they?

cops in uniform waiting at every exit

They're needed. I don't see how they really distract from anything.

No more than other, similar events.

MickeyPeace

We could have told you that. Due to the massive amount of people attending, they have no other option.

No one did tell me. Not even the Uni-bloggers who promote this every year on their Youtube channels. If I had known I would have saved my $$

There is always another option.

Only if you or someone you were with was taking pictures. They don't do this otherwise. Why would they?

They are standing there looking bored. That is not scary either to see a bored employee watching you in a haunted house, er maze.

They're needed. I don't see how they really distract from anything.

Sorry uniformed cops don't send a message of fun. How about plain clothed security?

No more than other, similar events.

There is no similar event. And I'm happy for that. This event is not scary in the least. We clearly disagree.

JT3000

There is no similar event. And I'm happy for that. This event is not scary in the least. We clearly disagree.

There are an extremely large number of similar events, hosted by parks across the country. Do I need to list them?

I didn't disagree with you on anything. I pointed out the problems with your complaints. There's a difference. But if you disliked it that much, you don't have to go back.

Epcot-Rules

Opening night/weekend. One of the more busier times of HHN. Just be thankful you aren't here October 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th. Orange Country public schools are out that Thursday and Friday so four straight nights with kids not having to worry about school the following day...
Ouch, we will be going the 26th. I bought express so just maybe it won't be to bad.

71jason

I'm curious about this.
So far they haven't done any Halloween decorations for the land and only put up an absolutely minimal amount of Christmas decorations.
At this point, the land may be too new and too popular to warrant they're wanting to give it any holiday overlays, though this could change with time.
...but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the rights to do so in the future.

Word from people who have actually read the contract is that the only restriction on after-hours events--basically meaning HHN or Rock the Universe--is that if IoA hosts it, Universal has to give JK Rowling a part of the gate receipts. Next year, going to have to pay whichever park is used (as Rowling has a land in either park), so may finally see one or both Potter lands used.

Of course, Rowling would have final control over everything from the general concept to the stitching on the scareactors' costumes, but given that Halloween is mentioned as a big holiday at Hogwarts, I don't think she'd necessarily oppose the idea on principle.

draybook

This was my first and last year at HHN. I bought a Frequent Fear pass and I won't go back after one time.

Mainly because - every one is herded non stop through every house.
- staff is in every room yelling no pictures move along
-cops in uniform waiting at every exit-

How can u possibly lose yourself and be scared? Somehow teenage girls do as they scream at their own shadow.

I could go on but why bother. The houses, why call it a maze anyway, in NY are a million times better. And cheaper.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. We had a blast, but the only ones scared the slightest were my kids, and that was more because they don't like loud noises. I would gladly do HHN again over MNSSHP if I had to choose. I'd prefer to get herded through a Haunted House than herded through a candy line.

I will say that the police presence is glaring, but needed due to the amount of alcohol served. However, we think that everyone that worked at HHN, from security to the scareactors were top notch and provided a better experience than we felt at MNSSHP.

However, we'd rather wait than spend the money for the Halloween Express Pass. It was already expensive enough to attend.

MickeyPeace

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. We had a blast, but the only ones scared the slightest were my kids, and that was more because they don't like loud noises. I would gladly do HHN again over MNSSHP if I had to choose. I'd prefer to get herded through a Haunted House than herded through a candy line.

I will say that the police presence is glaring, but needed due to the amount of alcohol served. However, we think that everyone that worked at HHN, from security to the scareactors were top notch and provided a better experience than we felt at MNSSHP.

However, we'd rather wait than spend the money for the Halloween Express Pass. It was already expensive enough to attend.

This year I went to MNSSHP three times and didn't get bored because it matched my expectations. HHN I left two hours before closing. Just didn't deliver the scares for me. I guess I expected something totally different after watching so many Youtube videos from Inside the Magic and others. I'd happily mail you my Frequent Fear Pass. With Express added!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom