Halloween Horror Nights 22 - News and Rumors

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Now that this year's HHN 22 is officially closer to us than last year's event, are there any news and rumors out there?

Halloween_Horror_Nights_Logo.JPG

JT3000

I haven't heard anything, and I'm usually pretty on top of this particular topic. I think it's still too early for anything substantial to come out. We could perhaps speculate on where the 8th house will be now that the Jaws queue is gone, but that's about it.

Skunk

I think it's still too early for anything substantial to come out. We could perhaps speculate on where the 8th house will be now that the Jaws queue is gone, but that's about it.

They haven't been using the alley one (Vampyr: Blood Bath) much in recent years, think they stopped using that when they started using the warehouse (The Forsaken, Silver Screams). The 8th house will probably go back in there again, I'm guessing.

JT3000

They haven't been using the alley one (Vampyr: Blood Bath) much in recent years, think they stopped using that when they started using the warehouse (The Forsaken, Silver Screams). The 8th house will probably go back in there again, I'm guessing.

Nazerman's is technically a possibility, however, if a house were to go there it would be extremely short. The old arcade building, which made up the 2nd half of Blood Bath, is now a Starbucks.

Stage 44, where Horror Nights Nightmares was in 2004, is also a possibility, but it's currently an employee break room.

As for rumors, this is one currently making the rounds, but I don't put much weight in it.
http://acomicbookblog.com/2012/04/walking-dead-prison-themed-maze-coming-to-universal-studios/

disney fan 13

It's a bit early to hear anything good come out about what houses we will be seeing.

Though one of my friends said he wouldn't be surprised if there was a cabin in the woods house ( He saw the movie, I didn't )

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Nazerman's is technically a possibility, however, if a house were to go there it would be extremely short. The old arcade building, which made up the 2nd half of Blood Bath, is now a Starbucks.

Stage 44, where Horror Nights Nightmares was in 2004, is also a possibility, but it's currently an employee break room.

My recollection must be a bit fuzzy because I don't recall the various houses in Nazerman's extending across the street (alley) into the arcade/Starbucks. I don't think that the older houses like Slaughterhouse made use of any space other than Nazerman's, but I could be wrong. How many houses did/didn't build a "bridge" (hallway) to connect Nazerman's to arcade/Starbucks? I never gave it much thought until reading this post.

I always thought that Stage 44 (Herc & Xena) was an excellent space for a house - so long as the house's theme didn't require heightened ceiling effects. There's a lot of square footage in there, and (some of) the queue is actually covered, which helps given how often it rains at HHN.

As for rumors, one of the general questions going around is whether the event will continue to take place exclusively in USF. With Amity down, and potential construction in the not to distant future, might we be seeing another "hybrid" USF/IOA event? :shrug:

JafarMaleficent

Herc and xena isn't presently being used. Hasn't been for about a month. And I think vampyr blood bath was the only one that used both sides thanks to the blues brothered causing it to be shorter.

JohnnyDollaz89

As for rumors, this is one currently making the rounds, but I don't put much weight in it.
http://acomicbookblog.com/2012/04/walking-dead-prison-themed-maze-coming-to-universal-studios/

Now that would be sweet!! I would love to go through that maze

JafarMaleficent

Hercules and xena is confirmed to be a house this year. The Hercules and xena building is soundstage 44 for those unfamiliar.

Update HHN xxII will be on usf only. The rest of the house locations have been filed.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Hercules and xena is confirmed to be a house this year. The Hercules and xena building is soundstage 44 for those unfamiliar.

Update HHN xxII will be on usf only. The rest of the house locations have been filed.

Interesting news. Soundstage 44 is a decent space for a house, and not susceptible to the horrible flooding that occurs when it rains, as is often the case at the 3 "warehouse" houses behind Barney/Simpsons. But it has relatively low ceilings, which means there are some creativity restrictions when it comes to special effects and set design. It's nice to see it put back to use.

Skip

We have scene names -- http://parkrumors.com/hhn-22-house-speculation/

SS20 A
Scene 4: Bat Belfry
Scene 5: Mirror Chamber

B67 Disaster Overflow
Scene 1: Hospital Hallway
Scene 4: Roof Top

BLD44 Herc/Xena
Scene 7: Creature Pit

So... for better or worse, Walking Dead in the Disaster Queue. Ho hum, underwhelmed to me. No reason to tie into a well-received AMC show when A&D can likely do way more with an original zombie concept (if it must be freaking zombies again in the Disaster queue).

Still now word on an 8th house, though.

Slipknot

Still now word on an 8th house, though.

There are rumblings of a dual-run house (two different paths for one house) like SS Frightanic back in 98. Most would consider that two different houses so maybe that is why only seven permits.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
I enjoyed last year's event just fine without any "dual" houses.

I prefer a longer house walk-through experience over the marginal difference in wait time.

71jason

So... for better or worse, Walking Dead in the Disaster Queue.

Not disappointed in a Walking Dead house--for better or worse, we're generally going to be stuck with at least tie-in house every year--but the "dark humor" houses have had a solid run in that location. I still miss H.R. Bloodengutz--"Arborrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Day!!!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom