Halloween Horror Nights 15 Press Release

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO UNLEASHES THE MOST HORROR-FILLED HALLOWEEN IN ITS 15-YEAR HISTORY
Tickets on Sale Now For Famed Halloween Horror Nights Event

ORLANDO, Fla. – From the most horrifying haunted house experiences ever dreamed of, to skin-crawling scare zones that leave no place to hide, Universal Orlando Resort is preparing for its most petrifying Halloween Horror Nights in fifteen years.

With all-new haunted mazes, inescapable scare zones, and scareactors looming around every corner, Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights evolves from the creators’ darkest nightmares.

This fall, Halloween Horror Nights will run for 19 select nights between September 30 and October 31, beginning at 7 p.m., on Sept. 30, Oct. 1, 7-9, 12-16, 20-23 and 27-31.

“Each year, we unveil new haunted environments, horrifying scareactors and brand new experiences designed to scare everyone who comes to Halloween Horror Nights,” said Skip Sherman, senior vice president, entertainment, Universal Orlando. “For our fifteenth year, we’re bringing to life stories and images that have been manifested from our own worst nightmares.”

From the moment they arrive at Halloween Horror Nights 15, guests will be immersed in a horror-filled environment. With seven haunted houses through which to navigate, the Halloween Horror Nights experience will not be for the faint-of-heart. In addition, this year Universal Orlando will debut an all-new “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure” - the annual stage show which parodies famous icons in popular culture.

Advance tickets for Halloween Horror Nights can now be purchased online at www.halloweenhorrornights.com. Because of the event’s popularity, tickets for weekend nights are expected to sell out and should be purchased in advance. Regular admission for all guests is $59.75.

The Universal Orlando resort destination (www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Universal Studios motion picture and television theme park and Islands of Adventure, Orlando's most thrilling and exhilarating theme park. Universal Orlando also includes CityWalk, a 30-acre dining, shopping, club and live-entertainment venue as well as premier on-site Loews hotels and world-class film and television production facilities.

Legacy

The thing that strikes me as odd is that the rumor said 8 houses, the rehearsal schedule said 9 and the press release says 7. And that teaser on the website is intense. I wasn't too excited about last year's, but I'm really upset that I won't get to see it this year.

:angryfist:

JROK

Legacy said:
The thing that strikes me as odd is that the rumor said 8 houses, the rehearsal schedule said 9 and the press release says 7. And that teaser on the website is intense. I wasn't too excited about last year's, but I'm really upset that I won't get to see it this year.

:angryfist:

The rehearsal sheet actually says 10... but two of them are also in the streets so that leaves 8 houses... and then 6 streets... check out my post on ChainsawWolf.com the unofficially HHN headquarters... it's where a lot of the scare-actors post...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chainsawwolf/message/18205

If there's a big interest in HHN on this board, then I'll try and keep you guys up-to-date...

Legacy

JROK said:
The rehearsal sheet actually says 10... but two of them are also in the streets so that leaves 8 houses... and then 6 streets... check out my post on ChainsawWolf.com the unofficially HHN headquarters... it's where a lot of the scare-actors post...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chainsawwolf/message/18205

If there's a big interest in HHN on this board, then I'll try and keep you guys up-to-date...
But Seuss was listed as a house, which we know is impossible. So I counted 9. My only guess is they did away with Wax and combined Evil 1 and 2 for the sake of the press release. Man I wish I could go this year.

JROK

Legacy said:
But Seuss was listed as a house, which we know is impossible. So I counted 9. My only guess is they did away with Wax and combined Evil 1 and 2 for the sake of the press release. Man I wish I could go this year.

Seuss and POE were both listed under house... I'm holding the schedule in my hands... Wax has been done away with and I assume the combined Evil 1 and 2 for sake of the press release... the 8 houses are:

Demon
Blood
Body
Blind
Evil 1
Evil 2
Mines
Skool

My guess is that Evil 1 and Evil 2 will be like a house they had back in like HHN VI... They had old horror monsters and new horror monsters in the same house but two different entrances and they came together in the end and exited together...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
JROK said:

Please do. :)

Have you heard anything about B&T yet? I'm interested in what they're going to do with it this year.

JROK

NemoRocks said:
Please do. :)

Have you heard anything about B&T yet? I'm interested in what they're going to do with it this year.

Nothing has been released yet about B&T... I don't even know who's writing the script but I'm guessing it's Mike Aiello and Kenny Babel... the same people that did last year's treatment... Usually they have a cast list up before the auditions but nothing yet... all I know is Green Day may be in it because last night a person in our audition was asked to come back because he looks like Billy Joe (lead singer of Green Day)... I'll keep you all posted though...

KumbaRider

I can't wait.
Sorry if I missed it but what is the word on a theme this year?
The 'reunion' or biker something? That's all I've heard. Any news?

JROK

The reunion theme came from the scare-actors' reunion audition that was held 3 weeks ago... the biker theme is going to be in Marvel Superhero Island and my guess is it will be pretty similar to last year's Fright Yard with big guys in leather and heavy rock n roll music and chainsaws and fire... there really isn't a lot of information out yet because Universal is trying to keep a lot of it under wraps until the website comes out... they're running behind in their legal searches so some of the things aren't finalized yet (that's why the whole site isn't up yet)... but none the less, some information has came forward... in the Port of Entry (where you enter IOA) they're having a lot of tortured souls and people with their guts hanging out and really grotesque and nasty bloody gore... there will also be some short shows where people get sliced n diced live on mini stages... and in Jurassic Park there will be ape like monkeys running around and JP will really play on the whole jungle theme... that's all we've heard and all we know... nothing about houses except that there are 7 of them and no parade... also the EVIL house will be a really big house... so yea, I'll keep you all updated...

WDWFREAK53

After last year's HHN...I vowed never to go to another one until they "fixed" it. It was WAY too crowded last year (to the point where it was an unpleasant experience) and it seemed more "dangerous" than "fun."

When you're crammed in like cattle (think leaving MK after wishes...now multiply the amount of people by 2 and divide the space in half)...it's not fun...the scareactors are not scary...the only thing you fear is falling down and getting trampled to death.

I hope this was because it was at both parks (which probably allowed them to have approx. twice the capacity). I went to the first one that was at IoA, on a non-peak night, and the wait times for the houses were 2+ hours. That was bad enough...last year I saw waits of 3+.

Because it's back to one park...will it be less crowded and more "bareable?"

MKCustodial

Something came out today about HHN on the travel section of our newspaper. It's pretty much the same thing that's on the press release. Than they talk a bit about Howl-O-Scream and the event at Sea World. It seems they'll have a family package where families can sleep over in the park, and the kids can go trick or treating at night. Sounds pretty cool, huh? No word on Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom