Halloween costumes at Disneyworld?

jandcprince

Original Poster
Is there a good place at Disneyworld to buy kids Halloween Costumes? My children are both girls ages 8 and 10

Thanks for you help.

jandcprince

Original Poster
We don't get paid until two days before we leave - this will be our spending money for this trip. We won't be able to get them ordered and received in time before we leave. We will be there for the Not So Scary party.

Really hopeful that one of the shops somewhere in WDW has costumes...

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
There are stores at Downtown Disney that have a large supply of childrens costumes. Head there and have a great time at the party!!

Pam

If you're driving then you might have a shot at some adult costumes here:
http://www.centurycostumes.com/
and
here http://www.partycity.com/

If you are not going to have a vehicle then you're probably out of luck for costumes for the adults. The kids will have Disney costumes in some of the larger stores (Emporium and such) but they're going to cost you big. And there are no places that I have ever seen to get an adult costume in WDW. Which kind of shocks me a little. You'd think that one of the places I listed above would contract a spot in DTD from Disney around this time of the year for the MNSSHP costumes. They'd make a killing. (No pun intended)

Penelope

If you want a Disney themed costume you will find them everywhere on Disney property. In fact, we thought that the choices for our daughter at the Princess store behind Cinderella Castle were better quality than the costumes available at our local Disney Store. The costume was more expensive though. Most of the princess/fairy costumes were over $60.00. But my daughter loved her costume choice so it was worth it :) Good luck!

slappy magoo

Yeah, you will find shops with kids costumes. At the very least, there will be princess costumes EVERYWHERE. But the two caveats are a: Because it will already be close to Halloween, the picking might be slim, and b: whether there are a few costumes or thousands to choose from, they will almost-definitely be FAR more expensive than costumes you can pick up from home.

There's no chance you can pick up costumes before you leave? Even, like, 4-6 weeks ahead? Halloween costume shops and costumes in traditional stores tend to pop up even before Labor Day, at least in my neck of the woods. Heck, there are costumes at Amazon NOW. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_s...11&h=d9be6f9efb911306abea77401068b54690edff9b

The only problem with buying costumes now is there's no telling how big your kids would be by then, but if you can order them late August or early September, you should be in a safe zone. And if you're either an Amazon Prime member, or don't mind paying for 2-day shipping, you can have them sent directly to your resort rather than to your home.

MagicMike

Is there a good place at Disneyworld to buy kids Halloween Costumes? My children are both girls ages 8 and 10.

You could get them Bippity Boppity Boutique'ed the day of the party and let them keep their princess gear on the rest of the day. If you are going to have to buy a costume on property, why not get the memories to go with it. Have fun at the Not So Scary Halloween Party. If you have never experienced it you guys are in for a real treat (No Pun Intended)!

DisDadEddie

The costumes in Disney World are over priced. You would be better off ordering from Disneystore.com or going to a Disney Store. Also buying a costume from outside the parks you won't have the same exact costume as every other kid in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom