Halloween at Magic Kingdom to begin September 15 2020

Goofnut1980

As mentioned several times in this thread, it's mostly a labor problem. Not the cost of labor, exactly, but having it available.

The lack of crowds and the party nights, which paid for the abundance of decorations, isn't exactly helping, either. If you were running a business that was just barely breaking even during this pandemic, would you be hiring a landscaper to completely re-landscape your business's property for a temporary, seasonal look?

While I get that, at the same time. Their schedule Halloween would have already been done during Christmas last year when it came back from being on-stage. Not to mention, you can't publish that you are doing Fall/Halloween and then barely do anything with it. Just don't say anything at all if you are not going to do it as what is expected by guests. I just think they could have don't something the next night.

Makes me wonder what will happen for Christmas decor. They already aren't doing Gingerbread anything this year. So that is a labor and cost savings. But then lost revenue when people aren't buying the gingerbread to pay for the display that is done. Catch 22 I guess.

Giss Neric

While I get that, at the same time. Their schedule Halloween would have already been done during Christmas last year when it came back from being on-stage. Not to mention, you can't publish that you are doing Fall/Halloween and then barely do anything with it. Just don't say anything at all if you are not going to do it as what is expected by guests. I just think they could have don't something the next night.

Makes me wonder what will happen for Christmas decor. They already aren't doing Gingerbread anything this year. So that is a labor and cost savings. But then lost revenue when people aren't buying the gingerbread to pay for the display that is done. Catch 22 I guess.
You expect that cause you're used to extravagant decorations from Disney every year. Maybe this year they will REALLY start Halloween decorations and festivities in October and not August/September and start Christmas after Thanksgiving or December and not early November.

drizgirl

You expect that cause you're used to extravagant decorations from Disney every year. Maybe this year they will REALLY start Halloween decorations and festivities in October and not August/September and start Christmas after Thanksgiving or December and not early November.
Not worth it to them to put them up for only a month.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Your expectations aren't based in reality.

Disney clearly marketed what would be available for Halloween, and it wasn't the extravagance of previous years fueled and paid for by large crowds and the party nights.

You already are getting something new this year which you wouldn't have had last year: some of the Boo to You floats during the day at no party upcharge.

Disney is only getting somewhere of 10-20% of their usual paying customers. Furloughed employees are still furloughed. College Program and International employees are (almost) non-existent. Contracted companies are understaffed. We're still in a pandemic.

Complaining that WDW didn't go all-out on Halloween decorations is like complaining there's no fireworks: a complete disregard for extenuating circumstances.

And if you don't want to pay full price for a park with less Halloween decorations or no fireworks... don't go.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
went to MK yesterday and despite it being drizzly and/or downpouring all day it was a good time. Saw Jack/Sally/Oogie cavalcade, Cadaver Dans cavalcade and Boo To You. Once it started raining I saw the Princess rainy day cavalcade too with the Boo To You characters up on the train station.

Lines were long (for me) 30-60 minutes for most attractions and I was just wet and not having it. I'm going back on the 8th during the week to hopefully see everything else and try some halloween treats.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

DSC02122-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom