Halloween at Magic Kingdom to begin September 15 2020

mf1972

i assume they’re going to have special halloween themed snacks & desserts for sale. be shocked if they didn’t.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
i assume they’re going to have special halloween themed snacks & desserts for sale. be shocked if they didn’t.
Yes they will.

ouhy35htr-1024x696.jpg

MK_Collage2.jpg

MK_Collage3.jpg

MK_Collage4.jpg

MK_Collage5.jpg

dmw

In the Parks
No
Love the line that adults can't wear costume masks. If masks are still required for Covid by that time, wanna bet how many halloween-themed Covid masks will be seen? Sounds like a business opportunity...

Goofnut1980

I wonder when the decor will go up... Going to be there the 12-19th.

EDIT: I also wonder when the crane will be installed? lol It will just ruine my food mix... I mean pictures...

dmw

In the Parks
No
The key distinction here is "costume masks". I think it goes without saying that approved face coverings are okay for adults.
understood. But, themed covid masks will be very close to the same as a full costume face mask. It's already hard enough to recognize people with the masks.

DisneyOutsider

understood. But, themed covid masks will be very close to the same as a full costume face mask. It's already hard enough to recognize people with the masks.
Do you have an example? I'm having a hard time visualizing a mask that both looks like a costume mask and is compliant with WDWs acceptable mask policy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The most important part for some guests:
According to Disney, "for the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks."​

Now, how long do you think it will take for Disney to clarify that a child's costume mask (the full face plastic kind with a tiny mouth hole) cannot substitute for a pandemic mask and the pandemic mask will still have to be worn under the costume mask?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The most important part for some guests:
According to Disney, "for the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks."​

Now, how long do you think it will take for Disney to clarify that a child's costume mask (the full face plastic kind with a tiny mouth hole) cannot substitute for a pandemic mask and the pandemic mask will still have to be worn under the costume mask?
Yep I foresee some issues with masks during that period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom