Halloween at Magic Kingdom to begin September 15 2020

TJ Vazquez

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Advertisement
Good deal, a bit later than normal late August roll out which I am guessing has to do with the lack of Halloween parties this year?

mf1972

i assume they’re going to have special halloween themed snacks & desserts for sale. be shocked if they didn’t.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster
i assume they’re going to have special halloween themed snacks & desserts for sale. be shocked if they didn’t.
Yes they will.

ouhy35htr-1024x696.jpg

MK_Collage2.jpg

MK_Collage3.jpg

MK_Collage4.jpg

MK_Collage5.jpg

Unbanshee

Good deal, a bit later than normal late August roll out which I am guessing has to do with the lack of Halloween parties this year?

That, and the ongoing furloughs of Holiday Services, although that should be coming to an end soon if it hasn't already

dmw

In the Parks
No
Love the line that adults can't wear costume masks. If masks are still required for Covid by that time, wanna bet how many halloween-themed Covid masks will be seen? Sounds like a business opportunity...

Goofnut1980

I wonder when the decor will go up... Going to be there the 12-19th.

EDIT: I also wonder when the crane will be installed? lol It will just ruine my food mix... I mean pictures...

dmw

In the Parks
No
The key distinction here is "costume masks". I think it goes without saying that approved face coverings are okay for adults.
understood. But, themed covid masks will be very close to the same as a full costume face mask. It's already hard enough to recognize people with the masks.

DisneyOutsider

understood. But, themed covid masks will be very close to the same as a full costume face mask. It's already hard enough to recognize people with the masks.
Do you have an example? I'm having a hard time visualizing a mask that both looks like a costume mask and is compliant with WDWs acceptable mask policy.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
The most important part for some guests:
According to Disney, "for the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks."​

Now, how long do you think it will take for Disney to clarify that a child's costume mask (the full face plastic kind with a tiny mouth hole) cannot substitute for a pandemic mask and the pandemic mask will still have to be worn under the costume mask?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Original Poster
The most important part for some guests:
According to Disney, "for the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks."​

Now, how long do you think it will take for Disney to clarify that a child's costume mask (the full face plastic kind with a tiny mouth hole) cannot substitute for a pandemic mask and the pandemic mask will still have to be worn under the costume mask?
Yep I foresee some issues with masks during that period.

Top Bottom